Minnesota vs. Nebraska

I don't see how this goes on much longer. I guess we can give Doc one more year, but I really don't see why.

He completely lost me after his post game comments after the disaster at Northwestern. I'm paraphrasing, 'Everyone wants us to score points....we don't need to score points we need to execute on defense'.

I know very little about basketball, but I can tell you that Ubel is weak. I understand they probably have no choice but to play him. Talley picks up his dribble at the worst time over and over and over again. He also dribbles with the ball so far out and high in front of him he looks like he is in highschool. No one wants to shoot either......kind of why it is irrelavant that they are such a good free throw team.

Let's just start building this program now instead of waiting until 2013 to fire Doc. I'm so tired of hearing about facilities being a big reason why Nebraska struggles.

Looks like most of the team was just going through the motions in the 2nd half. With a team full of JR and SR's you would think they would show more poise and not do some of the silly things they are doing. I don't think they should be putting Fox out there. Put Rivers out there and let him develop, it can't hurt anything. I have been very patient and supportive of this basketball administration but I have run out of hope. I thought the recruiting class might save him, but I see no big names that they are in on from Rivals. They are in on a few 3 stars but that's not going to cut it. I am now in agreement with those who say make the change now. I have hopped the fence and I am ready for a change.

I dont get why Doc Sadler wont recruit a talented center

No way am I saying he is bursting with talent, but Doc screwed the pooch with Elliason. He is looking like an All B1G guy today. He is a role player that brings things to the floor that NU doesn't have.

I watched Eliason play several times in high school and just wasn't sure he was big-time D1 material. 6 points and 4 boards in 17 minutes isn't exactly setting the world on fire but we could sure use some big bodies with at least some potential.

I don't see how this goes on much longer. I guess we can give Doc one more year, but I really don't see why.

He completely lost me after his post game comments after the disaster at Northwestern. I'm paraphrasing, 'Everyone wants us to score points....we don't need to score points we need to execute on defense'.

I know very little about basketball, but I can tell you that Ubel is weak. I understand they probably have no choice but to play him. Talley picks up his dribble at the worst time over and over and over again. He also dribbles with the ball so far out and high in front of him he looks like he is in highschool. No one wants to shoot either......kind of why it is irrelavant that they are such a good free throw team.

Let's just start building this program now instead of waiting until 2013 to fire Doc. I'm so tired of hearing about facilities being a big reason why Nebraska struggles.

Ubel on any tournament team is the guy that sits on the bench and is basically the human victory cigar that only gets to play when it's garbage time. With him being a starter at NU should tell you enough out our talent level right there.

I dont get why Doc Sadler wont recruit a talented center

No way am I saying he is bursting with talent, but Doc screwed the pooch with Elliason. He is looking like an All B1G guy today. He is a role player that brings things to the floor that NU doesn't have.

I watched Eliason play several times in high school and just wasn't sure he was big-time D1 material. 6 points and 4 boards in 17 minutes isn't exactly setting the world on fire but we could sure use some big bodies with at least some potential.

I saw him play numerous times as well, being from the neighboring town originally, and knew he would be a project. But look what Minnesota has done with him already. He has put on a good chunk of muscle. He is way more physical than he ever was. He still relies on trying to make plays with his height over teachings, but is still light years ahead of where he was coming out of Chadron.

Also look at it this way. Before the year if you would have told me that Ubel wouldn't have his way down low with Elliot I would have laughed you back to Chadron. I know Ubel isn't the best forward in the league, but the glimpses he occassionally shows can get one somewhat excited about his game. Elliason owned him in the paint. Also think of this Ubel is 150x more physical in the post, and if Elliason pawned Ubal all day what would he have done with Diaz??? Probably put him in the student section.

Again I am in no way saying he is the next great thing, but with the struggles this team has shown in the post, it would be a joke to not think that EE would be having some kind of success here. Of course that also goes into thinking that Doc and his staff could have actually started morphing him into a post player like Tubby and his staff is, so we know it is a wash in the end.

I imagine Tom O will have a hard choice at the end of this season. Keep Doc for another year and risk losing the fans or do what he said he wouldn't and let Doc ride off into the sunset and start from scratch again. I just don't see this program doing anything and as much as I want them to do well, they don't have the players to even get into the NIT.

I imagine Tom O will have a hard choice at the end of this season. Keep Doc for another year and risk losing the fans or do what he said he wouldn't and let Doc ride off into the sunset and start from scratch again. I just don't see this program doing anything and as much as I want them to do well, they don't have the players to even get into the NIT.

Especially dicey since he just extended him...................

Especially dicey since he just extended him...................

Sadly a 3 million dollar buy out probably saves his ass, for all the wrong reasons.

For me it isn't about losing fans. If they are still there now, they will be there tomorrow. I am at best a novice basketball fan, but I watch every Husker game I can. I happen to believe that it should be unacceptable that Doc's teams are outplayed the last 5 minutes of the first half and the last ten minutes of the second half in nearly every single game. They have no offense whatsoever and haven't in some time. The can't shoot or handle the ball and the make senseless turnovers.

Our basketball program has no tradition (except being losers) and at somepoint that needs to stop. I believe even a decent team will pack that new arena. I'm not trying to sensational here, but the current program is far from decent.