The Religious Discussion of 2012

Man more than likely evolved from a very primitive primeate, not 'apes' or 'monkeys' or whatever else some might claim. "Humans" were probably there own species that closely resembled apes, but were not in fact apes.

It's very possible man was in fact an 'ape', however, but certain environmental circumstances allowed us to change and kept other apes as they are. There isn't a lot of evidence before six or seven millions ago as far as I know. And by this point in history, the future "humans" were already past apes on the evolutionary timeline.

Look, evolution exists, you can see a species evolve. But come to me when science has found the missing link!!

Sorry, I had it for breakfast.

Another theory is that there is no missing link, that humans were genetically engineered from primates by aliens with their DNA.

I don't buy into that, but I threw it out for discussion.

Look, evolution exists, you can see a species evolve. But come to me when science has found the missing link!! :huh:

What missing link? That's not how evolution works.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ssing-link.html

And you have to have faith in science because it yet can not be explained with the evidence today. You have faith in science that one day this creature will be found. So as you see everyone has faith in something that can't be proven. chuckleshuffle

Quote:

Scientists today don't use the term 'Missing Link." The closest they'll come is when referring to a common ancestor that gave rise to both humans and apes, a yet-to-be-found species believed to have lived around seven million years ago.

Look, evolution exists, you can see a species evolve. But come to me when science has found the missing link!! :huh:

What missing link? That's not how evolution works.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ssing-link.html

And you have to have faith in science because it yet can not be explained with the evidence today. You have faith in science that one day this creature will be found. So as you see everyone has faith in something that can't be proven. chuckleshuffle

Quote:

Scientists today don't use the term 'Missing Link." The closest they'll come is when referring to a common ancestor that gave rise to both humans and apes, a yet-to-be-found species believed to have lived around seven million years ago.

What? Good lord. The whole point is that it is not a linear process. There is no "chain" to be missing a link.

Quote:

No, I'm sorry. It's not faith in something that can't be proven...it's about accepting something based on available evidence. Faith is about not having any evidence. I do not have faith in anything. Give me an example of something I have faith in and I'll stop believing it.

Scientists create a hypothesis and say, "if evolution were true, this is the kind of evidence we'd see." Then they look for that evidence. And they have found it with regards to evolution.

It's kind of like a murder scene. When the police enter the crime scene they can tell a murder happened. They can piece together each part of the puzzle, infer what happened in the room, where people were standing, what kind of weapon was used...even obtain DNA or fingerprint evidence that links everything to a murder.

But just because they can't find the weapon...or even the murderer himself....doesn't mean that it wasn't a murder.

Just because we can't find whatever specific transitional sequence your looking for after millions of years, does not mean evolution is not true. Science can infer many details about evolution without having to find the smoking gun. Every transitional fossil found, is your missing link. Creationists are just, for some reason, wanting to find some half man-half ape creature which does not exist.

Look, evolution exists, you can see a species evolve. But come to me when science has found the missing link!!

Sorry, I had it for breakfast.

Another theory is that there is no missing link, that humans were genetically engineered from primates by aliens with their DNA.

I don't buy into that, but I threw it out for discussion.

ancient-aliens-guy-meme-collection-1mut.com-8.jpg

Man more than likely evolved from a very primitive primeate, not 'apes' or 'monkeys' or whatever else some might claim. "Humans" were probably there own species that closely resembled apes, but were not in fact apes.

It's very possible man was in fact an 'ape', however, but certain environmental circumstances allowed us to change and kept other apes as they are. There isn't a lot of evidence before six or seven millions ago as far as I know. And by this point in history, the future "humans" were already past apes on the evolutionary timeline.

We may not have been apes...but its probably true that apes and primates were around long before "homo sapiens" even walked the Earth. How we as a species came into existence is I think a bit of a haze, but something in the environment had to cause apes to adapt (in more ways than one) to homo sapiens (of course other Latin names before)

Quote:

No, I'm sorry. It's not faith in something that can't be proven...it's about accepting something based on available evidence. Faith is about not having any evidence. I do not have faith in anything. Give me an example of something I have faith in and I'll stop believing it.

Scientists create a hypothesis and say, "if evolution were true, this is the kind of evidence we'd see." Then they look for that evidence. And they have found it with regards to evolution.

It's kind of like a murder scene. When the police enter the crime scene they can tell a murder happened. They can piece together each part of the puzzle, infer what happened in the room, where people were standing, what kind of weapon was used...even obtain DNA or fingerprint evidence that links everything to a murder.

But just because they can't find the weapon...or even the murder himself....doesn't mean that it wasn't a murder.

Just because we can't find whatever specific transitional sequence your looking for after millions of years, does not mean evolution is not true. Science can infer many details about evolution without having to find the smoking gun. Every transitional fossil found, is your missing link. Creationists are just, for some reason, wanting to find some half man-half ape creature which does not exist.

tumblr_lyl8gi6Wco1r5rxm9o1_500.jpg

• Fire 1

Quote:

But just because they can't find the weapon...or even the murder himself....doesn't mean that it wasn't a murder.

tumblr_lyl8gi6Wco1r5rxm9o1_500.jpg

Either of you, give me one shred of proof that you supposedly have that Christianity is nothing more than a fairy tale. Oh, you have none? So it's just all talk? I see....

Who is forcing anything? I'm on here giving evidence that Christianity is correct in its teachings and that the Bible, even though it has been tampered with over time and may not have 100% accurate translations, still has a lot of validity and truth. Take this for example:

Noah's Ark was found in the mountains in Turkey almost 13,000 feet up on Mount Ararat. The length matches the exact descriptions about how big the ark was, as well as where the Bible said that it came to rest. It is slightly distorted because an earthquake occurred a

This is what it looked like before the earthquake. Perfect in shape but almost completely covered by the earth. Scientific testing has showed that the structure is composed of decayed wood and metal rivets and fasteners, and carbon dating has estimated that it is about 4,800 years old.

I don't mean to be a nuisance, just trying to get my point across.

There are many people who don't think the evidence is relevant, and even more so who probably do not care.

As for me, organized religion is the most dangerous thing on this planet, next to Turkey Bacon, flavored beer, and vegetarianism. Religion and money are probably the two main contributing factors to war since man could form rational thoughts. Past 100 years, what have people been killing each other over?

When my father was 15 years old, he had some douchebag priest whack him in the nose with a bible, because he was reading a book, other than the bible. My father gave that priest two shots, one in the balls and one in the mouth. Over 10 years ago, I wanted to marry a girl that was Roman Cathoilc. I had to go see her family's priest. Within 15 minutes of talking to this douchebag, he'd called my Grandfather, a medicine man, a "heathen". Shortly after I grabbed him by the collar, informing him he had less than 3 seconds to start apologizing or I was gonna drag his ass out in the parking lot, and beat him like I was his goddamn dad.

These are just 2 small cases, that have led me to my utter disdain and distrust of any organized religion. You tell me your a man of the cloth, you've put yourself on par with a used car dealer. I have much more radical ways that I think religion should be dealt with, but that would get me ostracized from this board, faster than you can say "Clownahan".

So, it is great if you have faith, and it helps you get through the day, and picks you up when you are down. Good for you. Just keep it to yourself.

Sorry if anything has offended you, but everything I have said is good in nature. Sorry you have had bad experiences with priests, but what you're doing is making a generalization that in no way fits the whole of Christianity. I very much disagree with the concept of denominations within the religion of Chrisitanity, as it just separates people further. I do have my negative opinions about the Catholic denomination as a whole but in no way does that make me hatred of anyone who is Catholic.

But like I said, I'm not here to argue with you. I've put my two cents' worth and more into this topic and to be quite honest with you, I'm pretty tired of it, so I am very content right now to just let this topic slide down the board and never be looked at again.

Having "Faith", thats great. "Organized Religion", whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or whatever, can make rational people, completely and utterly, batsh*t crazy.

Who is forcing anything? I'm on here giving evidence that Christianity is correct in its teachings and that the Bible, even though it has been tampered with over time and may not have 100% accurate translations, still has a lot of validity and truth. Take this for example:

Noah's Ark was found in the mountains in Turkey almost 13,000 feet up on Mount Ararat. The length matches the exact descriptions about how big the ark was, as well as where the Bible said that it came to rest. It is slightly distorted because an earthquake occurred a

This is what it looked like before the earthquake. Perfect in shape but almost completely covered by the earth. Scientific testing has showed that the structure is composed of decayed wood and metal rivets and fasteners, and carbon dating has estimated that it is about 4,800 years old.

I don't mean to be a nuisance, just trying to get my point across.

There are many people who don't think the evidence is relevant, and even more so who probably do not care.

As for me, organized religion is the most dangerous thing on this planet, next to Turkey Bacon, flavored beer, and vegetarianism. Religion and money are probably the two main contributing factors to war since man could form rational thoughts. Past 100 years, what have people been killing each other over?

When my father was 15 years old, he had some douchebag priest whack him in the nose with a bible, because he was reading a book, other than the bible. My father gave that priest two shots, one in the balls and one in the mouth. Over 10 years ago, I wanted to marry a girl that was Roman Cathoilc. I had to go see her family's priest. Within 15 minutes of talking to this douchebag, he'd called my Grandfather, a medicine man, a "heathen". Shortly after I grabbed him by the collar, informing him he had less than 3 seconds to start apologizing or I was gonna drag his ass out in the parking lot, and beat him like I was his goddamn dad.

These are just 2 small cases, that have led me to my utter disdain and distrust of any organized religion. You tell me your a man of the cloth, you've put yourself on par with a used car dealer. I have much more radical ways that I think religion should be dealt with, but that would get me ostracized from this board, faster than you can say "Clownahan".

So, it is great if you have faith, and it helps you get through the day, and picks you up when you are down. Good for you. Just keep it to yourself.

Sorry if anything has offended you, but everything I have said is good in nature. Sorry you have had bad experiences with priests, but what you're doing is making a generalization that in no way fits the whole of Christianity. I very much disagree with the concept of denominations within the religion of Chrisitanity, as it just separates people further. I do have my negative opinions about the Catholic denomination as a whole but in no way does that make me hatred of anyone who is Catholic.

But like I said, I'm not here to argue with you. I've put my two cents' worth and more into this topic and to be quite honest with you, I'm pretty tired of it, so I am very content right now to just let this topic slide down the board and never be looked at again.

Having "Faith", thats great. "Organized Religion", whether it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or whatever, can make rational people, completely and utterly, batsh*t crazy.

Alice in Chains said it best. "To some, God's name, is smack"

Either of you, give me one shred of proof that you supposedly have that Christianity is nothing more than a fairy tale. Oh, you have none? So it's just all talk? I see....

Haven't we all decided that the 'proof' ultimatum is futile?

I think that was just you that decided that because you have none.

Haven't we all decided that the 'proof' ultimatum is futile?

I think that was just you that decided that because you have none.

A book written almost 2,000 years ago tells of a guy who was raised from the dead, then appeared only to his closest followers.

That is all the proof that Jeebus is gawd that some people need.

The absence of any other proof that this did not happen as told means that the story must have happened as told.