The Religious Discussion of 2012

I have to go with Jehovah witnesses having the truth. If you actually study them, they actuall do what first century christians did. They do not celebrate birthdays. they do not celebrate the pagan customs of easter and christmas. They actually get baptized when they are of an older age to make the dedication. They do not participate in politics. They refuse to get involved in wars. all the leaders of the group are volunteers and recive no money. ( Except for people serving at Bethel and missionaries and the money they recieve to do their duties is very small.) They are always polite and understand that satan is running this system of things. They are always positive. OOh also, they beleive in being clean to serve their God. In other words if you want to go out and act the fool and be a hypracrite they do something called: Disfellowshipping. That means you have no contact with the organization. You are allowed to come back to meetings though and show repentence,but no one will speak with you at the meeting until you are cleared by the Elders and show repentence. Other religions as long as you give the 10% you can do whatever you want and never face a consequence at the church you attend. Also they do not require you to pay the 10% tything. Plus they do not send a basket around the place to force you to give. They have discreet money boxes where you put your donation in.

You serious bro? Almost everything that you mentioned isn't a matter of the truth, it's a matter of conduct of which there is often not a right or wrong answer. Even if there is, you lump every single other denomination and religion together into the same thing...

First of all, churches don't make you tithe. Secondly, there are plenty of Christian churches that do not tolerate and condone habitual sin, and will do the same thing you mentioned. Thirdly, there are plenty of Christians who don't get involved in politics, who get baptized, who volunteer time, etc.

Lastly, Jehova's Witnesses is a heretical cult that believes in several inaccurate teachings about Christ. Jesus was not a created being but rather creator, as well as being fully God and fully man (and was and is not the archangel Michael), to name a few.

Churches don't force you to give in the donation platters...

I know that. But they sure do pass that plate around in public view and there is a reason for that.

Maybe that reason is that churches need money to operate and to fulfill their mission....

I have to go with Jehovah witnesses having the truth. If you actually study them, they actuall do what first century christians did. They do not celebrate birthdays. they do not celebrate the pagan customs of easter and christmas. They actually get baptized when they are of an older age to make the dedication. They do not participate in politics. They refuse to get involved in wars. all the leaders of the group are volunteers and recive no money. ( Except for people serving at Bethel and missionaries and the money they recieve to do their duties is very small.) They are always polite and understand that satan is running this system of things. They are always positive. OOh also, they beleive in being clean to serve their God. In other words if you want to go out and act the fool and be a hypracrite they do something called: Disfellowshipping. That means you have no contact with the organization. You are allowed to come back to meetings though and show repentence,but no one will speak with you at the meeting until you are cleared by the Elders and show repentence. Other religions as long as you give the 10% you can do whatever you want and never face a consequence at the church you attend. Also they do not require you to pay the 10% tything. Plus they do not send a basket around the place to force you to give. They have discreet money boxes where you put your donation in.

You serious bro? Almost everything that you mentioned isn't a matter of the truth, it's a matter of conduct of which there is often not a right or wrong answer. Even if there is, you lump every single other denomination and religion together into the same thing...

First of all, churches don't make you tithe. Secondly, there are plenty of Christian churches that do not tolerate and condone habitual sin, and will do the same thing you mentioned. Thirdly, there are plenty of Christians who don't get involved in politics, who get baptized, who volunteer time, etc.

Lastly, Jehova's Witnesses is a heretical cult that believes in several inaccurate teachings about Christ. Jesus was not a created being but rather creator, as well as being fully God and fully man (and was and is not the archangel Michael), to name a few.

So we are on the trinity theory correct? Listen I am not trying to argue, I am just trying to see how others view things. But if there is a church out there that does not celebrate christmas please tell me. I think you are aware of dec 25th and what it really menas. Is there a church out there that does not have people celebrate birthdays? Because I would like to know. 1st century christians viewed birthdays as completly pagan. 1st century christians we are suppose to follow correct? Lets start with birthdays? I think there are only 2 instances of birthdays mentioned in the bible. I think they both ended up in beheadings. I also bet you can do alittle research and see that 1srt century christians did not celebrate birthdays. They also might of had a teacher Named Jesus that was teaching them.

Churches don't force you to give in the donation platters...

I know that. But they sure do pass that plate around in public view and there is a reason for that.

Maybe that reason is that churches need money to operate and to fulfill their mission....

Yes i understand the reason for donations to run a church. But there is a reason that they pass the plate around and not have it in a discreet area. It is called human pyschology and being put on the spot when it is passed to you. I have seen people get real edgy when that plate is passed to them and have nothing to give. Have to agree that donations should be a non public thing. Not a feeling of guilt and in front of the public.

So we are on the trinity theory correct? Listen I am not trying to argue, I am just trying to see how others view things. But if there is a church out there that does not celebrate christmas please tell me. I think you are aware of dec 25th and what it really menas. Is there a church out there that does not have people celebrate birthdays? Because I would like to know. 1st century christians viewed birthdays as completly pagan. 1st century christians we are suppose to follow correct? Lets start with birthdays? I think there are only 2 instances of birthdays mentioned in the bible. I think they both ended up in beheadings. I also bet you can do alittle research and see that 1srt century christians did not celebrate birthdays. They also might of had a teacher Named Jesus that was teaching them.

Actually I should take that back. The first century christians did not celebrate bitrhdays as they were converted at the start from the jews. The jews also viewed birthdays as pagan custom. This was really a non issue back then.

We're supposed to follow Jesus. In doing so, there will be things that Jesus didn't do and didn't talk about (Jesus didn't use the internet or an iPad so we shouldn't either!!! Right?) that we can use sound judgment towards. I am aware of December 25th's pagan roots, yes. I'm also aware that sin isn't found on the surface level, and there is nothing inherently sinful about a birthday or about celebrating Jesus' birth on a certain day of the year. This is religious legalism at best - something Jesus was vehemently opposed to.

Jehova's Witnesses have some nice religious customs that Christians would do well to adopt, sure. However, they still worship a false God.

We're supposed to follow Jesus. In doing so, there will be things that Jesus didn't do and didn't talk about (Jesus didn't use the internet or an iPad so we shouldn't either!!! Right?) that we can use sound judgment towards. I am aware of December 25th's pagan roots, yes. I'm also aware that sin isn't found on the surface level, and there is nothing inherently sinful about a birthday or about celebrating Jesus' birth on a certain day of the year. This is religious legalism at best - something Jesus was vehemently opposed to.

Jehova's Witnesses have some nice religious customs that Christians would do well to adopt, sure. However, they still worship a false God.

okay that is fine. that religon worships a false god. I can see your point. Here is the refute to that. What did the jewish people call their God by name? Yaweh in the hebrew language? Yes i know that no vowels were used during this time. You have to agree that the jews had a name for their God? In english the translation is Jehovah? Correct? First century christians did not know anything about the cross,except with what pagan religions had already adapted. So when was the cross that Jesus supposedly died on adapted into Christinaty? I almost bet it was around the 3rd century. If I was you, I would look up the greek word for torture stake and see if it is in the bible. I bet you find the word stauros. In the first century they killed men on single poles of wood,not on crosses. The cross was adapted from pagan religions into christinatity roughly in the 3rd century. I am not a Jehovahs witness,but facts are just facts is all. But as long as you are comfortable talking to a god that wants to know you, but does not want his name revealed to you is fine with me. Now as a good christian go get behind your country and kill other christians. Also salute the flag ahead of your god,because remember you " Plege your allegiance to the United states of America" It does say one nation under god, but we know that is not true and put your god second.

okay that is fine. that religon worships a false god. I can see your point. Here is the refute to that. What did the jewish people call their God by name? Yaweh in the hebrew language? Yes i know that no vowels were used during this time. You have to agree that the jews had a name for their God? In english the translation is Jehovah? Correct? First century christians did not know anything about the cross,except with what pagan religions had already adapted. So when was the cross that Jesus supposedly died on adapted into Christinaty? I almost bet it was around the 3rd century. If I was you, I would look up the greek word for torture stake and see if it is in the bible. I bet you find the word stauros. In the first century they killed men on single poles of wood,not on crosses. The cross was adapted from pagan religions into christinatity roughly in the 3rd century. I am not a Jehovahs witness,but facts are just facts is all. But as long as you are comfortable talking to a god that wants to know you, but does not want his name revealed to you is fine with me. Now as a good christian go get behind your country and kill other christians. Also salute the flag ahead of your god,because remember you " Plege your allegiance to the United states of America" It does say one nation under god, but we know that is not true and put your god second.

whatisthis.png

I am not that familiar with the Jehova witness religion, how do they worship a false God? :confucius You do know the Romans crucified Jesus and their form of torture was the crucifixion, right? So it is logical to assume Jesus was hung on a cross of sorts. Many have theories about how the cross was erected but few dispute that he was hung on a cross and not on a pole. eyeswear2allthatsholy

• 3 weeks later...