DT Eddie Vanderdoes [UCLA Transfer]

Nexus

being said on the rivals message board that he committed to USC. They are pulling in a hell of a class...if true or not.

I just asked JC Shurburtt on 247 and he said as of lunch time he hadnt committed but had several USC commits in his ear. I think he will take some of his officials first. Atleast i hope so. Even thou we are an extreme long shot here.

I think it would be funny to see Suh go introduce himself to these USC kids and recruit them to NU. Wouldn't it be funny to see Kiffin cry foul like a little bitch?

Ha. Suh was the greatest defensive player of a generation, if not all time. Let's relax a bit with the recruiting hyperbole.

I'd take Wistrom, Mike and Ralph Brown and others (same generation right?) 3-4 years of their contributions over Suh's anyday. Suh was a monster for about 1.5 seasons.

Ha. Suh was the greatest defensive player of a generation, if not all time. Let's relax a bit with the recruiting hyperbole.

I'd take Wistrom, Mike and Ralph Brown and others (same generation right?) 3-4 years of their contributions over Suh's anyday. Suh was a monster for about 1.5 seasons.

In fairness to Suh, he went through a coaching change midway through his career. Albeit one of the worst Husker defenses in its history his first 3 years. He didn't become the dominant Suh until Pelini arrived as a result of the system. It'll forever be one of those "what if" questions in Husker lore in the coming years. What if Suh was indoctrinated in the Pelini system for 4-5 years?

You can argue that if you like, but no one dominated games like suh did for those two years. Part of the reason is that tackle is pretty much the only defensive position from which you can affect almost every single play. The only dt I've seen that was close to his level of impact at that position was warren sapp at Miami and it really isn't that close.

Incidentally, only Ralph started four years of those mentioned. The other two contributed as freshmen (grant more than mike), but were really three year players. Suh contributed as a freshman, started for three years and dominated for two. And yes, I'd take him over any of the above.