Aaron Green... DB?

Nothing serious, but he did send out this tweet. The only reason I even bring it up is because of NU's recent history of turning wideouts and running backs into dbs. Plus, I remember hearing he was not happy in the crowded backfield.

It's probably nothing more than a thoughtless tweet, just thought it was interesting.

Edit: Sorry, didn't know he had a private twitter. He said, "Wonder wat would life as a DB would be like"

No way does NU turn Heard and Green into DBs,....not only becuase of depth at RB, but now with Jackson qualifying. Young Mr. Green loves to tweet stuff. Though this is nothing serious, in comparison to some of the stuff he whined about during the season....but, it makes you wonder if he still is "unhappy" that he still is unsure about pt at running back.

Best thing Bo and Green could do is to cancel Mr. Green's twitter account.

• Fire 1

Yoshi Hardrick tweeted Green to ask if he was playing DB now and Green laughed and said no way. He is still a RB. Heard is the one that has the option to move if he wants. but IMHO I think Rex gets a similar number of snaps this year as he did last year. I think Abdullah is the back up for Rex with Marrow used as the short yardage/change of pace back or fullback for some plays. Cross will either get limited playing time this year or will redshirt. My prediction is that Green/Heard hardly see the field.

Our DB position just got a whole lot better with Seisay replacing Dennard and then a stable of backs to pick from on the opposite side: Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Alonzo Moore, Charles Jackson, Ciante Evans, Corey Cooper, Dijon Washington, Antonio Bell, LeRoy Alexander... SURELY one or two of these guys will click with the system this year. We will have a good safety spot with Stafford holding down one side and either PJ Smith or Courtney Osbourne holding down the other (both have playing experience). We know we have a couple of guys who can play the nickel with (Ciante Evans, and Justin Blachford) if needed.

I think this year we need to go out and get some quality big cornerbacks and safeties to secure the year after this year but all in all we have some guys who can play. With that being said though, I do not see our defense being much different than it was last year. I do not think we have the defense of 2009 this season.. we just do not have the crazy athletic/mentally experienced guys that we had last year.

• Fire 1

Yoshi Hardrick tweeted Green to ask if he was playing DB now and Green laughed and said no way. He is still a RB. Heard is the one that has the option to move if he wants. but IMHO I think Rex gets a similar number of snaps this year as he did last year. I think Abdullah is the back up for Rex with Marrow used as the short yardage/change of pace back or fullback for some plays. Cross will either get limited playing time this year or will redshirt. My prediction is that Green/Heard hardly see the field.

Our DB position just got a whole lot better with Seisay replacing Dennard and then a stable of backs to pick from on the opposite side: Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Alonzo Moore, Charles Jackson, Ciante Evans, Corey Cooper, Dijon Washington, Antonio Bell, LeRoy Alexander... SURELY one or two of these guys will click with the system this year. We will have a good safety spot with Stafford holding down one side and either PJ Smith or Courtney Osbourne holding down the other (both have playing experience). We know we have a couple of guys who can play the nickel with (Ciante Evans, and Justin Blachford) if needed.

I think this year we need to go out and get some quality big cornerbacks and safeties to secure the year after this year but all in all we have some guys who can play. With that being said though, I do not see our defense being much different than it was last year. I do not think we have the defense of 2009 this season.. we just do not have the crazy athletic/mentally experienced guys that we had last year.

Heard isn't an option, he is a DB unless he moves back to RB at some point.

i think Bo plays "musical chairs" at positions way too much here........instead of recruiting for positions, we get overloaded or under weight and shuffling and doubt becomes common place......just adds more disruption to building a reliable starting lineup..........i wish he would get over this sh#t!

This has been done (with great success) at NU for years......

Carl Crawford would have come here...Lord would have been an All American DB.

i think Bo plays "musical chairs" at positions way too much here........instead of recruiting for positions, we get overloaded or under weight and shuffling and doubt becomes common place......just adds more disruption to building a reliable starting lineup..........i wish he would get over this sh#t!

This has been done (with great success) at NU for years......

Carl Crawford would have come here...Lord would have been an All American DB.

good programs with strong recruiting don't rely on this tactic, we use it to survive, bad habits hard to break.