There is a simple reason they are playing Knotfest in Council Tucky over Mayhem(and it isn't the close to home), the guy that more or less got them signed and even helped produce their first album is Shawn Crahan, or as a lot more people know him this guy aka Number 6

l.jpg

Knotfest says it's not till August in Counciltucky

I'm going to the Denver Mayhem Fest show in July. WTF MAN?! :lol:

This is true. I will have an answer for ya, straight from the drummers mouth.

So I was told there are four shows where Dirtfedd will not be playing during the tour. It is because those four venues are not lare enough for the three stage set up the rest of the tour will feature. He did say to get your Panhandle ass out here for Knotfest

There is a simple reason they are playing Knotfest in Council Tucky over Mayhem(and it isn't the close to home), the guy that more or less got them signed and even helped produce their first album is Shawn Crahan, or as a lot more people know him this guy aka Number 6

l.jpg

Knotfest says it's not till August in Counciltucky

I'm going to the Denver Mayhem Fest show in July. WTF MAN?! :lol:

This is true. I will have an answer for ya, straight from the drummers mouth.

So I was told there are four shows where Dirtfedd will not be playing during the tour. It is because those four venues are not lare enough for the three stage set up the rest of the tour will feature. He did say to get your Panhandle ass out here for Knotfest

They had 3 stages last year in Denver. I don't know what the f#*k is going on here, but I don't like it. <_<

Our Phoenix Mayhem tickets finally showed up in the mail today..Now I can go back to ignoring the mailbox for months at a time.

I'm 52 and my Son is 11..Can't wait to see which one of us turns into a maggot first.

Thinking of wearing this homemade iron-on:

221632-cori-8-of-slipknot.jpg

L I P S N O T

As of Saturday morning, I will be attending IRON F*CKING MAIDEN July 2nd....

The best band mentioned here!!! Where will you be seeing them?

My dad used to drive tour buses and had them for a couple of tours in the 80's. They F*CKING ROCK!!!!!!!!

The wife and I will be seeing them in Newark, NJ....

My dad used to drive tour buses and had them for a couple of tours in the 80's. They F*CKING ROCK!!!!!!!!

Iron Maiden is another one of favorites. :thumbs

Iron Maiden is another one of favorites. :thumbs

But they have to start it correctly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zoCZ4QhOdU

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Phoenix Mayhem last Friday..

On the drive home, Robbie (My Son) said what I was thinking.."Was that a dream or did we really just see Slipknot"? Doors were sposed to open at 1PM, but I had to work and we didn't get there until 4PM...For some unknown reason they wouldn't let anyone sit in their seats until 6PM..We even got chased away from the shaded parts of the lawn area..(I think they wanted everyone to buy $14 beers and tried to herd everyone towards the vendor's area)..I started faking a heart attack and the security guard offered to stay with me and give me water..We'd already brought our own, but they made us throw away the lids at the main entry..No idea why other than increase the chance of spilling most of it (which we did)..

We'd missed the early shows from the second stage, but the only band I was interested in checking out was Lincoln's "Dirtfed"

"Lamb of God" started the show at the main stage, but I couldn't tell if they played 4 songs or just played a really long song with a few 45 second breaks..the acoustics were really bad until Slipknot..every band had an obnoxious double bass drum sound that hurt both my Son and my ears..sorta like driving down the freeway with only your back windows open..(Try it..your head might implode).

We almost both fell asleep listening to Slayer while anxiously waiting for Slipknot to play..Thought we recognized a Motorhead song before that, but couldn't quit laughing at Lemmy's voice who sounds almost exactly like Anne Ramsey (Throw Momma From the Train) .. Felt like we were surrounded by ~35,000 pigeons bobbing their heads, but nobody knowing any of the lyrics...

Slipknot made it all worth it though...EVERY Freakin' Song!!!

Around 80 minutes

Why was Lamb of God there?

I went to Mayhem in Denver on Sunday. They only had one stage other than the main stage which is why Dirtfedd and a few others weren't there.

Upon a Burning Body put on an intense show, even with all the "Don't F*ck With Texas" nonsense.

As I Lay Dying was damn good. I would've put them on the main stage, personally, but then I wouldn't have gotten in the pit lol.

The Devil Wears Prada opened the main stage. I've never really listened to them before. They were ok, I guess.

Motorhead was something. Can't make out a word that comes out of Lemmy's mouth.

Slayer was good. They went hard and fast, start to finish.

This was my first time seeing Slipknot. It was like Blue Man Group meets metal. Just an awesome show, the whole venue was shaking with everyone jumping around and singing along. Damn good stuff.

Edit: I forgot to add the part about the rain. So Slipknot was performing "Spit It Out" and about halfway through, Corey tells everyone to get down on the ground and then "jump the f*ck up when I say 'jump the f*ck up.'"

So everyone gets down, and he starts to get back into the song, and it just starts pouring rain right when he said "jump the f*ck up." It was like a Christmas miracle or something :lol:

I went to Mayhem in Denver on Sunday. They only had one stage other than the main stage which is why Dirtfedd and a few others weren't there.

Upon a Burning Body put on an intense show, even with all the "Don't F*ck With Texas" nonsense.

As I Lay Dying was damn good. I would've put them on the main stage, personally, but then I wouldn't have gotten in the pit lol.

The Devil Wears Prada opened the main stage. I've never really listened to them before. They were ok, I guess.

This was my first time seeing Slipknot. It was like Blue Man Group meets metal. Just an awesome show, the whole venue was shaking with everyone jumping around and singing along. Damn good stuff.

Edit: I forgot to add the part about the rain. So Slipknot was performing "Spit It Out" and about halfway through, Corey tells everyone to get down on the ground and then "jump the f*ck up when I say 'jump the f*ck up.'"

So everyone gets down, and he starts to get back into the song, and it just starts pouring rain right when he said "jump the f*ck up." It was like a Christmas miracle or something :lol:

Lamb of God is playing Knotfest. This will be the fourth time seeing Slipknot. The first being the best....at Knickerbockers here in Lincoln. That band on a 15 foot stage was epic.

As I Lay Dying is a GREAT band. They should of been on the main stage way before TDWP, and I like TDWP.

As for Lamb of God, Sacrament and Wrath are awesome productions. The circle pit that encompassed the whole floor at the Mid America Center where I saw them was one of the most violent I have been in. I LOVED IT

List o Bands I've seen live in no particular order:

Metallica x3

Nickelback..... inadvertently

Slipknot

Slayer

Unearth

As I Lay Dying x 3

All that Remains x 3

Trivium

Art of Dying

Stone Sour

Kiss

Aerosmith (boring sadly)

Breaking Benjamin, approx. 12 to 13 times (One of my fav. bands as you can see)

3 Days Grace x 3 to 4 times

Staind

Flyleaf

Evans Blue

Five Finger Death Punch

Hatebreed

Lamb of God x 2 to 3 times...can't remember

Jerry Cantrell Band (Alice in Chains guitarist, they played a few AIC songs hehe)

Godsmack x 2

Sevendust

Chevelle

Disturbed x 3 (great live band)

Down

Mudvayne

Linkin Park

Limp Bizkit

Anberlin (awesome live)

Papa Roach

Unwritten Law

There's more I know....but you get the point that I like rock/metal. I listen to just about everything, but I prefer some headbangin music.

He did the same thing here..but the only rain was from beads of sweat..And some mighty ugly fat tattooed chicks.

I'm kinda new to this genre..I'm guessing bands like Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie might end up being my "gateway drug" into this type of music the same way that the Blues Brothers were for my eventual love of the Blues ~30 years ago.

I'd forgotten Devil Wears Prada..They were either before or after Lamb Of God...I could probably never tell either band apart..Seems like they boith were playing the same song..Maybe changed a couple of the grunts..Made what's left of my tonsills bleed a little in sympathy.

Probably a lot of my tastes will eventually be influenced by my Son..I'm so thankful he hates Rap and Pop almost as much as I do..Despite his mom and most of his classmates...And I'll keep trying to expose him to my Library of good Chit..He'll probably someday be the first kid on the block with Zydeco on his pod.

They announced this upcomming concert just before Slayer played..Promising to sell $9.79 tickets during the show..For that price I'd put up with the overzealous security again..

du_poster-rough.jpg

He did the same thing here..but the only rain was from beads of sweat..And some mighty ugly fat tattooed chicks.

I'm kinda new to this genre..I'm guessing bands like Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie might end up being my "gateway drug" into this type of music the same way that the Blues Brothers were for my eventual love of the Blues ~30 years ago.

I'd forgotten Devil Wears Prada..They were either before or after Lamb Of God...I could probably never tell either band apart..Seems like they boith were playing the same song..Maybe changed a couple of the grunts..Made what's left of my tonsills bleed a little in sympathy.

Probably a lot of my tastes will eventually be influenced by my Son..I'm so thankful he hates Rap and Pop almost as much as I do..Despite his mom and most of his classmates...And I'll keep trying to expose him to my Library of good Chit..He'll probably someday be the first kid on the block with Zydeco on his pod.

They announced this upcomming concert just before Slayer played..Promising to sell $9.79 tickets during the show..For that price I'd put up with the overzealous security again..

du_poster-rough.jpg

Zombie puts on a HELL of a show. Manson used to when I saw him back in the day. Of course that was when I was told I would go to hell entering the venue in Milwuake by protesters(right before Anti Christ Superstar came out).

This concert lost a ton of cred for this guy seeing crap like BuckCherry and Art of Dying on the main stage over All That Remains. Seriously check them out if you end up going to this show. Phil Labonte is a great front man. Powerful voice for a midget of a man.

Day 2. MEH. Papa Roach is really a great live band, just not crazy about the music. Staind once was good, and then the suicidal songs came about. You could go see WWE wrestler Chris Jerico front Fozzy I guess

Went to the Phoenix Mayhem last Friday..

On the drive home, Robbie (My Son) said what I was thinking.."Was that a dream or did we really just see Slipknot"? Doors were sposed to open at 1PM, but I had to work and we didn't get there until 4PM...For some unknown reason they wouldn't let anyone sit in their seats until 6PM..We even got chased away from the shaded parts of the lawn area..(I think they wanted everyone to buy $14 beers and tried to herd everyone towards the vendor's area)..I started faking a heart attack and the security guard offered to stay with me and give me water..We'd already brought our own, but they made us throw away the lids at the main entry..No idea why other than increase the chance of spilling most of it (which we did)..

We'd missed the early shows from the second stage, but the only band I was interested in checking out was Lincoln's "Dirtfed"

"Lamb of God" started the show at the main stage, but I couldn't tell if they played 4 songs or just played a really long song with a few 45 second breaks..the acoustics were really bad until Slipknot..every band had an obnoxious double bass drum sound that hurt both my Son and my ears..sorta like driving down the freeway with only your back windows open..(Try it..your head might implode).

We almost both fell asleep listening to Slayer while anxiously waiting for Slipknot to play..Thought we recognized a Motorhead song before that, but couldn't quit laughing at Lemmy's voice who sounds almost exactly like Anne Ramsey (Throw Momma From the Train) .. Felt like we were surrounded by ~35,000 pigeons bobbing their heads, but nobody knowing any of the lyrics...

Slipknot made it all worth it though...EVERY Freakin' Song!!!

Around 80 minutes

Where the f#*k is Jim Root?!?

GSG did he play Denver, cause he ain't in Pheonix