Why was Lamb of God there?

I went to Mayhem in Denver on Sunday. They only had one stage other than the main stage which is why Dirtfedd and a few others weren't there.

Upon a Burning Body put on an intense show, even with all the "Don't F*ck With Texas" nonsense.

As I Lay Dying was damn good. I would've put them on the main stage, personally, but then I wouldn't have gotten in the pit lol.

The Devil Wears Prada opened the main stage. I've never really listened to them before. They were ok, I guess.

Motorhead was something. Can't make out a word that comes out of Lemmy's mouth.

Slayer was good. They went hard and fast, start to finish.

This was my first time seeing Slipknot. It was like Blue Man Group meets metal. Just an awesome show, the whole venue was shaking with everyone jumping around and singing along. Damn good stuff.

Edit: I forgot to add the part about the rain. So Slipknot was performing "Spit It Out" and about halfway through, Corey tells everyone to get down on the ground and then "jump the f*ck up when I say 'jump the f*ck up.'"

So everyone gets down, and he starts to get back into the song, and it just starts pouring rain right when he said "jump the f*ck up." It was like a Christmas miracle or something :lol:

Lamb of God is playing Knotfest. This will be the fourth time seeing Slipknot. The first being the best....at Knickerbockers here in Lincoln. That band on a 15 foot stage was epic.

As I Lay Dying is a GREAT band. They should of been on the main stage way before TDWP, and I like TDWP.

As for Lamb of God, Sacrament and Wrath are awesome productions. The circle pit that encompassed the whole floor at the Mid America Center where I saw them was one of the most violent I have been in. I LOVED IT

Way to go Paul. Only real men are aloud in the pit. :thumbs

Went to the Phoenix Mayhem last Friday..

On the drive home, Robbie (My Son) said what I was thinking.."Was that a dream or did we really just see Slipknot"? Doors were sposed to open at 1PM, but I had to work and we didn't get there until 4PM...For some unknown reason they wouldn't let anyone sit in their seats until 6PM..We even got chased away from the shaded parts of the lawn area..(I think they wanted everyone to buy $14 beers and tried to herd everyone towards the vendor's area)..I started faking a heart attack and the security guard offered to stay with me and give me water..We'd already brought our own, but they made us throw away the lids at the main entry..No idea why other than increase the chance of spilling most of it (which we did)..

We'd missed the early shows from the second stage, but the only band I was interested in checking out was Lincoln's "Dirtfed"

"Lamb of God" started the show at the main stage, but I couldn't tell if they played 4 songs or just played a really long song with a few 45 second breaks..the acoustics were really bad until Slipknot..every band had an obnoxious double bass drum sound that hurt both my Son and my ears..sorta like driving down the freeway with only your back windows open..(Try it..your head might implode).

We almost both fell asleep listening to Slayer while anxiously waiting for Slipknot to play..Thought we recognized a Motorhead song before that, but couldn't quit laughing at Lemmy's voice who sounds almost exactly like Anne Ramsey (Throw Momma From the Train) .. Felt like we were surrounded by ~35,000 pigeons bobbing their heads, but nobody knowing any of the lyrics...

Slipknot made it all worth it though...EVERY Freakin' Song!!!

Around 80 minutes

Where the f#*k is Jim Root?!?

GSG did he play Denver, cause he ain't in Pheonix

Nevermind just saw his appendix burst. Went two weeks with it blown before seeing meds.

On the drive home, Robbie (My Son) said what I was thinking.."Was that a dream or did we really just see Slipknot"? Doors were sposed to open at 1PM, but I had to work and we didn't get there until 4PM...For some unknown reason they wouldn't let anyone sit in their seats until 6PM..We even got chased away from the shaded parts of the lawn area..(I think they wanted everyone to buy $14 beers and tried to herd everyone towards the vendor's area)..I started faking a heart attack and the security guard offered to stay with me and give me water..We'd already brought our own, but they made us throw away the lids at the main entry..No idea why other than increase the chance of spilling most of it (which we did)..

We'd missed the early shows from the second stage, but the only band I was interested in checking out was Lincoln's "Dirtfed"

"Lamb of God" started the show at the main stage, but I couldn't tell if they played 4 songs or just played a really long song with a few 45 second breaks..the acoustics were really bad until Slipknot..every band had an obnoxious double bass drum sound that hurt both my Son and my ears..sorta like driving down the freeway with only your back windows open..(Try it..your head might implode).

We almost both fell asleep listening to Slayer while anxiously waiting for Slipknot to play..Thought we recognized a Motorhead song before that, but couldn't quit laughing at Lemmy's voice who sounds almost exactly like Anne Ramsey (Throw Momma From the Train) .. Felt like we were surrounded by ~35,000 pigeons bobbing their heads, but nobody knowing any of the lyrics...

Around 80 minutes

Nevermind just saw his appendix burst. Went two weeks with it blown before seeing meds.

Yeah, Corey explained that to the crowd before they started. It was still awesome. #0 went to the back of the arena and was climbing up the lighting structures just going crazy :lol:

Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Britney Spears and Justin Bieber

I really hope this is a joke, or you were coerced into going from either a daughter, or a really hot woman.... Otherwise your man card may be in jeapardy...

His brother must have guessed his password again.

Just a joke fellas. And I don't have kids yet (thank God). I've seen Nickelback x3 (mostly to see opening acts after the first concert), Foo Fighters, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley (dragged to that one).

I went to Nickelback once...to see Trapt and Chevelle.

Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Britney Spears and Justin Bieber

I really hope this is a joke, or you were coerced into going from either a daughter, or a really hot woman.... Otherwise your man card may be in jeapardy...

His brother must have guessed his password again.

Just a joke fellas. And I don't have kids yet (thank God). I've seen Nickelback x3 (mostly to see opening acts after the first concert), Foo Fighters, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley (dragged to that one).

I went to Nickelback once...to see Trapt and Chevelle.

Sure ya did.

Around 80 minutes

Yeah, Corey explained that to the crowd before they started. It was still awesome. #0 went to the back of the arena and was climbing up the lighting structures just going crazy :lol:

The guy walks around for TWO WEEKS with a burst appendix, poop leaking into his gut the whole time, and doesn't keel over from sepsis?

Now. that.... is METAL

I kept asking my Son, "Who was playing the other guitar parts"?..I could hear it..He was telling me someone was playing behind Joey out of sight.

Sounds like Corey passed out Tuesday night at the Dallas show from Heat exhaustion..Funny..I thought he spent most of Our show on his hands and knees..reaching to the sky like William Shatner.

In response to PaulCrewe's post........Phil Labonte is a man beast. I met him once and he's a nice fellow, cool guy. ATR should be in front of Art of Dying and Buckcherry....what a bunch o crap. Also, I thought it was awesome when Phil stepped in for a bit to sing for KSE, sooo glorious.

• 1 month later...

Deadsy (12)

Decemberists

Steel Panther (2) a.k.a. Metal Skool

I technically didn't see the following bands but I was at the venues while they played:

Static-X (2)

Korn (2)

Puddle of Mudd (2)

Deftones (2)

Taproot

Dredg

Mindless Self Indulgence

H.I.M.

And probably more that I can't remember

I've seen a couple other shows that I'm too embarassed to list.

Deadsy (12)

Decemberists

Steel Panther (2) a.k.a. Metal Skool

I technically didn't see the following bands but I was at the venues while they played:

Static-X (2)

Korn (2)

Puddle of Mudd (2)

Deftones (2)

Taproot

Dredg

Mindless Self Indulgence

H.I.M.

And probably more that I can't remember

I've seen a couple other shows that I'm too embarassed to list.

Steel Panther rocks!

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since this has been posted in, and a while since I've updated my list:

Linkin Park

Staind

Breaking Benjamin

Skillet (x7)

Switchfoot (x6)

RED (x12)

Family Force 5 (x21)

Soil

Evans Blue

Dropping Daylight

Seether

Saving Abel