The Spring Practice Presser

Improving skill and developing other RB skills is important for him in film room and on the practice field.

Can learn from first year in the B1G.

Really like Wednesday meeting. Get to know how coaches/players feel. Problems are addressed and team is being held more accountable.

Sick of being a good team, Bo and team trying to find ways to be a great team. Became a closer team.

Players learning/teaching aspect of the game to help themselves and eachother. Players are quized on what they learn.

I'm really loving hearing these things. The meeting and quizzes are both great ideas. This will make the players much more accountable to one another and I believe in the end become a more cohesive team.

Improving skill and developing other RB skills is important for him in film room and on the practice field.

Really like Wednesday meeting. Get to know how coaches/players feel. Problems are addressed and team is being held more accountable.

Sick of being a good team, Bo and team trying to find ways to be a great team. Became a closer team.

Players learning/teaching aspect of the game to help themselves and eachother. Players are quized on what they learn.

I'm really loving hearing these things. The meeting and quizzes are both great ideas. This will make the players much more accountable to one another and I believe in the end become a more cohesive team.

Except now the geniuses at the OWH are "positive" that NU is making these meetings "required" and violating the 20 hour rule. Since we're on probation this violation would be a big no no and probably result in Bo's termination.

One thing I'm really excited for are the running backs behind Burkhead. I still think they should define a clear number two. Because Abdullah is such a return game threat, I could see Green getting more snaps in the backfield.

Agreed, I am still a little uneasy about Ameer carrying the ball, seem to hit the turf on occasion.

Except now the geniuses at the OWH are "positive" that NU is making these meetings "required" and violating the 20 hour rule. Since we're on probation this violation would be a big no no and probably result in Bo's termination.

You serious, Clark?

One thing I'm really excited for are the running backs behind Burkhead. I still think they should define a clear number two. Because Abdullah is such a return game threat, I could see Green getting more snaps in the backfield.

I think Abdullah and Green are both great options to have behind Rex. Very good change of pace backs. If Abdullah can calm down a bit and hang onto the ball I still think he has a bit of a leg up on Green. We didn't really get to see either one of them enough though in my opinion. I really like how natural Braylon Heard looked running the ball, but that's said and done. I think this will be another year of Rex taking a lot of snaps, but hopefully not nearly as much as he had to endure last year. If we establish a passing game, I think Abdullah and Rex are serious threats as receivers out of the backfield. My only knock against Green, because he is one hell of an athlete, is that he still seems just a bit small out there. Not saying Abdullah looks big, but somehow he seems to have a bigger presence, and just runs bigger. A third down back thrown into the mix would be a great thing.

Is there a story they are planning to run with this accusation?

I think Abdullah and Green are both great options to have behind Rex. Very good change of pace backs. If Abdullah can calm down a bit and hang onto the ball I still think he has a bit of a leg up on Green. We didn't really get to see either one of them enough though in my opinion. I really like how natural Braylon Heard looked running the ball, but that's said and done. I think this will be another year of Rex taking a lot of snaps, but hopefully not nearly as much as he had to endure last year. If we establish a passing game, I think Abdullah and Rex are serious threats as receivers out of the backfield. My only knock against Green, because he is one hell of an athlete, is that he still seems just a bit small out there. Not saying Abdullah looks big, but somehow he seems to have a bigger presence, and just runs bigger. A third down back thrown into the mix would be a great thing.

If I'm not mistaken, our three freshman backs split 75 carries or so pretty evenly last year, or about 25 a piece. If that were to remain a constant, both guys could get between 10-15 extra carries. I think they'll ride Burkhead less this year now that Green and Abdullah have more experience.

Whoever the guy asking each player about their thoughts on Uniform changes need to re-evalute his life and get into fashion magazine journalism.

Ross Jernstrom from WOWT asked at least once, but I don't know if it was him the whole time. What a dumb, unnecessary question. Why not ask their opinion on the brand of shoelaces they wear while you're at it? :facepalm:

That was rawhide. We managed to score a press card and sent him in. We just suggested he asked a question that was relevant to the Board, and reflected the subject most discussed here. We NEVER thought...

• Fire 1

I doubt this has any validity. If you are trying to build leadership and accountability within in the team with the players taking responsibility the last thing you want to do is make meetings like this mandatory. It totally underminds what you are trying accomplish. Now, I could see the players saying to one another it's "mandatory" and taking responsibility, which I think would be great, and I don't think that would be considered illegal as the coaches aren't touting it.