TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

Won our division this year when they were supposed to be 3 and 7. If our program sucks and gets recruits that were a shoe in for yours what does that say about yours? I think Miami sent 6 kids to the league last year and currently have the second most players in the NFL. I can see almost every game they play and I live in CA so they are on national TV a lot. Nebraska might too, but I don't watch the games so I cannot comment.

I don't have anything really bad to say about Nebraska but some of the comments on here are just stupid.

Miami always has had attendence problems. Welcome to a big sunny city with beaches girls, the heat, the dolphins. hard to get people to the stadium. WHat is there to do in Nebraska on a saturday afternoon in November? the corn is picked by then right?

Miami is going to bowl games. Beau can play in bowl games that will be full. He will have a great qb throwing to him.

Miami is thuggs.... come on really? I think they have had 3 arrests in 6 years. Take your average 50 college kids every year for 6 years and see how many arrests you have. Good kids that go to class and get a good education. The eighties are over Jimmy Johnson is retired. Let it go.

I konw Nebraska fans hate Miami cause Ya'll lost two national championships to Miami. I understand but if your going to talk sh#t get your facts right.

With Miami in it, the Meineke Car Care bowl will not be selling out!

Miami may be a great academic institution but you must just be a fan and not a graduate. I base this solely on your use of third grade grammar and sentence structure.

We'll keep harvesting our lowly corn every fall. You keep trafficking cocaine year round. Maybe that's what everyone is doing instead of attending hurricane games.

Nebraska has great fans. Never said they didn't but when you live in a city like Miami there are a million things to do to take the entertainment dollar. I don't think having an average attendance nationally with a team that is not Miami expectations is that bad. If they got to 8 and 2 those numbers would go up.

And if your football team was worth a damn, that should be the #1 entertainment attraction in the entire city. The fact that you would rather go to the beach than watch a Miami football game speaks for itself.

didn't say i would rather go to the beach. Said the average fan would. Or a heat game or a dolphins game.

I notice you left out the Marlins games, wise choice.

Marlins don't even want to show up to those.

Nebraska has great fans. Never said they didn't but when you live in a city like Miami there are a million things to do to take the entertainment dollar. I don't think having an average attendance nationally with a team that is not Miami expectations is that bad. If they got to 8 and 2 those numbers would go up.

But that's your biggest factual hit on Miami is people don't show up to games?

Such a lame excuse, Miami has a million things to spend the entertainment $$$ on. Hmm... last I checked, so to does Florida and Florida St but they seemingly sell out. Here's the truth, Miami appeals only to thugs and wanna be thugs and that equates to well... probably 10K fans on average that can actually "afford" to doe to buy the ticket. Any rational minded person, be it a Canes fan or not, can't deny that Miami's glory years were based on recruitment of kids that were in many cases academically challenged, not because they weren't smart, because they came from the inner city where life is hard. Did they expand their knowledge and actually contribute to society, in some cases yes. Regardless, the off the field antics, the drugs, the prostitution, on field fights, (announcers that lose their job for applauding and giving their approval regarding on field behavior) and the list goes on. My mother has her nursing degree from Miami and refuses to watch Canes games because in her words, they (the players of the 80's and 90's) were an embarrassment to her. Furthermore, anyone remember a certain Miami player, ESPN analyst that was once quoted as saying "You can't do anything to me, all I have to do is catch another touch down and all is forgotten". He played for the cowboys, speaks openly about his years at the U and running with the thugs to go out and rob some clerk.... There lies the image associated with the Canes program and in it lies the distaste/disdain that so many have for that once competitive uni.

Such a lame excuse, Miami has a million things to spend the entertainment $$$ on. Hmm... last I checked, so to does Florida and Florida St but they seemingly sell out. Here's the truth, Miami appeals only to thugs and wanna be thugs and that equates to well... probably 10K fans on average that can actually "afford" to doe to buy the ticket. Any rational minded person, be it a Canes fan or not, can't deny that Miami's glory years were based on recruitment of kids that were in many cases academically challenged, not because they weren't smart, because they came from the inner city where life is hard. Did they expand their knowledge and actually contribute to society, in some cases yes. Regardless, the off the field antics, the drugs, the prostitution, on field fights, (announcers that lose their job for applauding and giving their approval regarding on field behavior) and the list goes on. My mother has her nursing degree from Miami and refuses to watch Canes games because in her words, they (the players of the 80's and 90's) were an embarrassment to her. Furthermore, anyone remember a certain Miami player, ESPN analyst that was once quoted as saying "You can't do anything to me, all I have to do is catch another touch down and all is forgotten". He played for the cowboys, speaks openly about his years at the U and running with the thugs to go out and rob some clerk.... There lies the image associated with the Canes program and in it lies the distaste/disdain that so many have for that once competitive uni.

thanks for bringning up 30 years ago. Check the record for the past 15 and get back to me. times have changed.

times have changed, maybe.... seems to me it was just 3 yrs ago the announcer applauded the Miami player fighting the USF player and lost his job.

Miami has a thug image...

Miami wants to keep the "thug" image...

Miami is proud of their "Thug" image...

and....

The rest of the nation revels in joy when the Thug U gets slapped... be it on the field of play (in all sports mind u) or in the ncaa rulings.

Are you saying Miami appeals to fans who are cocky, belligerent, disrespectful, and unknowledgeable? Where in the world would you ever come up with examples to prove this?

times have changed, maybe.... seems to me it was just 3 yrs ago the announcer applauded the Miami player fighting the USF player and lost his job.

Miami has a thug image...

Miami wants to keep the "thug" image...

Miami is proud of their "Thug" image...

and....

The rest of the nation revels in joy when the Thug U gets slapped... be it on the field of play (in all sports mind u) or in the ncaa rulings.

was.. times have changed. Look up Golden and Shannon's academic records. Coker was an idiot.

and the FIU brawl was 6 years ago. Lamar Thomas shouldn't have said what he did.

Yet his players still hungout with him and still got to play. Ray Ray Armstrong comes to mind, you pull a one paragraph article that doesnt say sh#t. Other than some "source" told sbnation that Shannon said that. Thanks for your effort.