TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

I know Beau will be at Miami games next year not freezing his ass off in the frozen tundra!

And not playing in a meaningful game for the next two seasons.

Except for the one game they will play in front of a full stadium ... in Lincoln.

Some interesting quotes from Sandland.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/12/19/3783962/welcome-to-the-u-juco-te-beau-sandland-commits-to-the-canes

“Really they (Miami, Arizona State and Nebraska) were my top three, but it really came down to Miami and Nebraska,” Sandland said. “I don’t know who put that report out there (that Nebraska was eliminated) but it was totally false. It was a really tough decision. I love both of them and it was like splitting hairs. In the end, I thought the best for my education and my future was Miami. It was the best place for me.”

Ray Ray got like 1100 bucks. paid it back. and he was an idiot too.

lol... Ray Ray was an idiot, why? Because he actually got caught?

Mate, you can defend your program, I applaud you for it. In fact, I admire people that do exactly what your doing regardless of what uni they favor. However, one also in their attempt to justify the improvements needs first to accept responsibility for their flaws. The university has to a small degree done this. Yes, the uni admin is making huge leaps in correcting what was once a VERY corrupt department. I applaud them for their efforts. Yet, it seems those who once glamorized the "Thug" image wants to continue glamorizing. (Have you seen any of the ESPN programs regarding the history of the program? I mean seriously, they still boast about their image.)

If the program didn't want to "hold on" to that image, players that continue boasting wouldn't be allowed to return. Make an example of what "not" to be like. Put Irving where he belongs, off the field and looking in wondering WTF?

As for current day canes, I've not an opinion one way or the other. I think the uni is doing what is needed to address the past with the ncaa but I think it could do more to address the past with the nation by not honoring players that harbor today a standard of unethical rules. (What applies to others doesn't apply to us type mentality.)

I wish Beau and the rest of the cane players the best of luck. I harbor no ill will towards them or their fans. I am hopeful that when the canes come to Lincoln that our fans and theirs can remain respectable towards one another but I don't foresee that happening. The cane and husker fans do have a tenuous past. Husker fans were treated horribly every time they faced the canes in Miami. Osborne twice saying publicly that he'd like to play Miami in Lincoln and yet the administrations (both here and miami) somehow not working the schedules out to actually get the games. Finally when Osborne became the AD, he managed to accomplished it and I think both fan bases are eagerly awaiting the games. My fear is, both are overly eager.

Ray Ray got like 1100 bucks. paid it back. and he was an idiot too.

lol... Ray Ray was an idiot, why? Because he actually got caught?

Mate, you can defend your program, I applaud you for it. In fact, I admire people that do exactly what your doing regardless of what uni they favor. However, one also in their attempt to justify the improvements needs first to accept responsibility for their flaws. The university has to a small degree done this. Yes, the uni admin is making huge leaps in correcting what was once a VERY corrupt department. I applaud them for their efforts. Yet, it seems those who once glamorized the "Thug" image wants to continue glamorizing. (Have you seen any of the ESPN programs regarding the history of the program? I mean seriously, they still boast about their image.)

If the program didn't want to "hold on" to that image, players that continue boasting wouldn't be allowed to return. Make an example of what "not" to be like. Put Irving where he belongs, off the field and looking in wondering WTF?

As for current day canes, I've not an opinion one way or the other. I think the uni is doing what is needed to address the past with the ncaa but I think it could do more to address the past with the nation by not honoring players that harbor today a standard of unethical rules. (What applies to others doesn't apply to us type mentality.)

I wish Beau and the rest of the cane players the best of luck. I harbor no ill will towards them or their fans. I am hopeful that when the canes come to Lincoln that our fans and theirs can remain respectable towards one another but I don't foresee that happening. The cane and husker fans do have a tenuous past. Husker fans were treated horribly every time they faced the canes in Miami. Osborne twice saying publicly that he'd like to play Miami in Lincoln and yet the administrations (both here and miami) somehow not working the schedules out to actually get the games. Finally when Osborne became the AD, he managed to accomplished it and I think both fan bases are eagerly awaiting the games. My fear is, both are overly eager.

Agreed.

Frankly, I don't think anyone is gloating. Just responding to unfounded nasty attacks on our university. I haven't seen the latest numbers, but we are usually in the top five to ten in graduation rate and GPA performance for football players and we are a top tier academic institution. And in case you haven't noticed, very little off the field trouble for our players for almost twenty years now. As for AD, we were as happy for Shawn to leave as you were to get him. He will probably do a great job for you but was clearly not a South Florida guy. His nickname was The Invisible AD.

Congrats, but we are usually #1 in that category.

If you say so. I don't seem to be able to confirm this. I note in the listing of college football academic powerhouses we are ranked #8 and Nebraska is ranked #29.

Frankly, I don't think anyone is gloating. Just responding to unfounded nasty attacks on our university. I haven't seen the latest numbers, but we are usually in the top five to ten in graduation rate and GPA performance for football players and we are a top tier academic institution. And in case you haven't noticed, very little off the field trouble for our players for almost twenty years now. As for AD, we were as happy for Shawn to leave as you were to get him. He will probably do a great job for you but was clearly not a South Florida guy. His nickname was The Invisible AD.

Congrats, but we are usually #1 in that category.

If you say so. I don't seem to be able to confirm this. I note in the listing of college football academic powerhouses we are ranked #8 and Nebraska is ranked #29.

Our argument is the Nebraska houses the record for Academic-All-Americans with 301. While Miami I dont believe has hit the triple digits.

but yeah, the attendance at Canes games are pretty pathetic. Miami is a city of fair weather fan, no matter the team/sports, sad.

Miami is a city with more than just college football to do. According to NCAA statistics the average attendance at college football games in the Football Bowl Subdivision in 2012 was 45,274. The University of Miami, with an undergraduate enrollment of about 8,000, had an average attendance of 47,719.

http://www.al.com/sp...ular-seaso.html

So you did a quick change on your handle so you can brag about being slightly above average?

LOL" Right. I suspect your mods can check and verify different IP addresses and emails, so so much for that. You may not realize that your board has been linked on a Miami board in a story about Sandland because of the nastiness of the responses here. I personally don't care to get into pissing contests over football and 19 year old kids decisions. I read the usual attacks on my university about attendance and responded noting girst our attendence was above the NCAA average and two that it isn't all that bad considering the size of our school. As for Sandland, he was complimentary of your program but leaned to Miami for two reasons. First, the tradition of tight ends going to the NFL and second academics.

lololololololol

Does that mean that he liked the fact that athletes get straight A's and never have to go to class?...

Wouldn't happen to have anything to back up such a ridiculous statement would you? My son received his MBA at Miami a few years ago and noted the football players had to sign into and out of classes and assistant coaches came to the classes and monitored attendance. Remember, we are a sma;; private school. We don't have the facilities for the typical throw away classes players take in large public schools. You don't see a lot of PE majors here but you do see a lot of traditional majors like business, pre-med, pre-law, etc.