OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

For fun, let's hypothetically say Jamie Dixon's interest in NU is legitimate. What would be a justifiable salary to get him to come to NU? Keep in mind that Boehm has come out and said that they're willing to "open up the checkbook" for the right person. Dixon is currently making between $1.6 - 1.8M at Pitt through 2017-18.

So what do you think someone like Dixon, an already established "big time" coach is worth to NU basketball?

$2.2 seems to be a nice number.

can someone tell me where Dixon's name came up? i do not see him mentioned in any other forum, nebraska or pitt's, and see nothing about him having any interest?

I'm not sure its out there a whole lot. I know one booster rumor email was concerned about it growing legs to quickly and killing the deal but I've seen it mentioned here a few times as well.

can someone tell me where Dixon's name came up? i do not see him mentioned in any other forum, nebraska or pitt's, and see nothing about him having any interest?

I'm not sure its out there a whole lot. I know one booster rumor email was concerned about it growing legs to quickly and killing the deal but I've seen it mentioned here a few times as well.

The first place I read Jamie Dixon's name was at HuskerOnline.com Red Sea Scrolls forum. Since I'm not a member, I couldn't see the details of the thread. A day later his name popped up on HuskerBoard for the first time.

Maybe he hates working under Peady? :dunno

It is already consensus that he would suck to work under.

Can't comment on the relationship he has with Pederson but Boehm was interim AD at Pitt for 5 mo. in 2003 before he came to Nebraska. During his interim duty, he was the one responsible for hiring Dixon. So Dixon's relationship with Boehm precedes Pederson.

Sounds like Larry Eustachy has asked for consideration and stated he'd be interested if we would want to talk to him. Not sure I think that much of him but the information is an FYI. Some believe we also contacted Smart today but I haven't been able to get a conformation one way or the other. But I would hope like hell we at least ask to talk to him.

Sounds like Larry Eustachy has asked for consideration and stated he'd be interested if we would want to talk to him. Not sure I think that much of him but the information is an FYI. Some believe we also contacted Smart today but I haven't been able to get a conformation one way or the other. But I would hope like hell we at least ask to talk to him.

I will pass on Larry Eustachy, he was a good coach at ISU and lead them to an elite 8. But the whole partying thing after his team just lost a game hours before hand is still what people remember him for.

I will pass on Larry Eustachy, he was a good coach at ISU and lead them to an elite 8. But the whole partying thing after his team just lost a game hours before hand is still what people remember him for.

AND, wasn't it coeds he was partying with......?? Somehow I doubt Dr. Tom would approve...............(not exactly his idea of "mentoring")

For fun, let's hypothetically say Jamie Dixon's interest in NU is legitimate. What would be a justifiable salary to get him to come to NU? Keep in mind that Boehm has come out and said that they're willing to "open up the checkbook" for the right person. Dixon is currently making between $1.6 - 1.8M at Pitt through 2017-18.

So what do you think someone like Dixon, an already established "big time" coach is worth to NU basketball?

$2.2 seems to be a nice number.

My initial thought was $2.3M, so we're in the same ballpark. :)

Not sure I'd go that high for the "hot" mid-major coach. Shaka Smart could convince me to spend $2M though.

According to Brian Rosenthal we interviewed Oral Robert's head coach Scott Sutton today.

Surprising..............doesn't the Sutton tree have some issues..?

That would be kind of strange to see the guy that we used to yell "Daddy's Boy!" when he was in the game against us end up being our coach. :blink:

AND, wasn't it coeds he was partying with......?? Somehow I doubt Dr. Tom would approve...............(not exactly his idea of "mentoring")

FYI Eustachy has been sober for almost 8 years now and has really turned his life around. That being said, I would like to think we should be able to get more for $2 mil than Eustachy or Sutton. Isn't Doc a family friend of the Sutton's or something? That would have to be a little awkward I would think...