DE Carl Lawson [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

True, it just makes me nervous having been around/through a few athletic departments, including Nebraska's. The most likely kid to not pan out was the one with all the talent in the world so he never had to learn great technique. Finally gets to a level where he isn't a physical specimen any more and is too far behind to catch up. Not saying this kid is like that. Just that when I hear about his bench first it sends up a red flag.

Regardless, seems to have a really good first step. Does a pretty good job shedding blocks too. Would love to see him against a legit tackle. His highlights show him in good position then he just muscles on through. It might be interesting to see what happens when he can't. But I definitely like what is out there so far!

Never has there been a more useless "impressive" number than the bench press. Any squat or Olympic lift numbers for the kid? After all, you can't fire a cannon out of a canoe...

while i agree its still quite impressive for a High School kid.

Impressive as it is, I wonder if he has a shorter wingspan then most DEs. Let's be real guys with shorter arms generally will throw up a lot more on the bench than those with longer arms.

Never has there been a more useless "impressive" number than the bench press. Any squat or Olympic lift numbers for the kid? After all, you can't fire a cannon out of a canoe...

while i agree its still quite impressive for a High School kid.

Impressive as it is, I wonder if he has a shorter wingspan then most DEs. Let's be real guys with shorter arms generally will throw up a lot more on the bench than those with longer arms.

your 100% correct sir