Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

I love everyone in America forming opinions and presenting them as absolute fact when the fax of the matter is that none of us were in the courtroom and none of us were present when the murder happened. The correct play here is to have no opinion.

• Fire 3
I love everyone in America forming opinions and presenting them as absolute fact when the fax of the matter is that none of us were in the courtroom and none of us were present when the murder happened. The correct play here is to have no opinion.

I think that's your opinion.

They did air this thing live for like 3 weeks. Although I do completely agree, the things that happen in the courtroom and ESPECIALLY in the deliberation room are woefully misunderstood by pretty much everyone going nuts right now.

Our judicial system is in place to stop this kind of mob mentality we are seeing tonight, a shame that doesn't matter to most people.

• Fire 3

+1

My news feed is covered with talk about this case. Its so ridiculous in how much everyone feeds off their stories. I am neutral to this whole case, as I am not sure what exactly happened. There are 3 stories to what happened. Martin's side, Zimmerman's side and the truth. None of us know what happened from the time he got off the phone and the killing happened. People pretend to. They feed off the "we think this happened" story, and some man is labeled before he even goes to court. How many people found him guilty before the trial even started?

I am also tired of this stupid ass color card being played. Those people playing that card, are what is wrong with this society. When deciding a case, its not what you know, its what you can prove. There wasn't enough to prove the man guilty.

My news feed is covered with talk about this case. Its so ridiculous in how much everyone feeds off their stories. I am neutral to this whole case, as I am not sure what exactly happened. There are 3 stories to what happened. Martin's side, Zimmerman's side and the truth. None of us know what happened from the time he got off the phone and the killing happened. People pretend to. They feed off the "we think this happened" story, and some man is labeled before he even goes to court. How many people found him guilty before the trial even started?

I am also tired of this stupid ass color card being played. Those people playing that card, are what is wrong with this society. When deciding a case, its not what you know, its what you can prove. There wasn't enough to prove the man guilty.

bingo-20balls-20line.jpg

• Fire 1

Basically

1. Something questionably criminal happened between 2 people who happen to be of different races

2. Media plays up the "race issue"

3. America buys in because lol Americans

4. Any outcome will be deemed to be an indication of ________ in modern America

5. Public overreaction.

I mean how many crimes occur each year between people of the same race that are equally questionable? Race is truly a much lesser issue than the media plays it up to be. The media could use the responsible 21st-century approach and cover the story as an incident between two American individuals, but no. No we had to blow it out of any semblence of proper proportion. I could not give any less of a sh#t, and people ranting about racism and playing amateur political scientist and amateur lawyer on Facebook and Twitter can go kill themselves in a fire for the betterment of society. Kindly.

• Fire 2

The media is still making this Trayvon Martin case into a race discussion. Watching Face the Nation on CBS and they brought on some black Georgetown professor or whatever he was and they were bitching about 5 of the 6 jurors were white....lol hello Zimmerman is Hispanic not white.

Now the feds are supposedly considering civil rights charge. The thought being that Zimmerman "profiled" Martin. Hello? Are we now totally incapable of using common sense observation in an effort to protect ourselves? If there were a white skinhead neo-nazi looking guy sulking around a black neighborhood, wouldn't it just be smart to pay extra attention to him?

Edit- I should clarify that I don't think any civil rights charges will or can be brought. Zimmerman was not acting in any official capacity that would allow these types of charges IMO. This is simply more of the media and politicians trying to make this case into something it clearly wasn't.

Basically

1. Something questionably criminal happened between 2 people who happen to be of different races

2. Media plays up the "race issue"

3. America buys in because lol Americans

4. Any outcome will be deemed to be an indication of __Walmart__ in modern America

5. Public overreaction.

I mean how many crimes occur each year between people of the same race that are equally questionable? Race is truly a much lesser issue than the media plays it up to be. The media could use the responsible 21st-century approach and cover the story as an incident between two American individuals, but no. No we had to blow it out of any semblence of proper proportion. I could not give any less of a sh#t, and people ranting about racism and playing amateur political scientist and amateur lawyer on Facebook and Twitter can go kill themselves in a fire for the betterment of society. Kindly.

fify