NU Wildcats vs NU Huskers at Rocky Miller Park

Road wins are going to be tough to come by. The team seems to definitely be affected by going from playing in front of 5k to 250. The quality of the baseball we play seems correlated with attendance.

Based on one bad game on the road?

And also every game at home with low attendance. Kearney, Northern Colorado, Cal on Sunday, etc.

Regardless of what Sam says, that's still a pitiful ballfield. That being said, as has been said in other sports, this is our first go round in the league. It's going to take some getting used to, and certainly that field sounded like it had some 'character'. Their pitchers definitely pitched well, and this guy on Sunday might just be their best. Isn't the first time he's gone nine innings this year. We'll see how they rebound, but I still think this team has quite a bit of fight in it. And this is only Erstad and Co's first year. I think the signs are definitely trending upwards, but there will be bumps in the road. Come back on Tuesday, sweep the K-State games for the year, and go get Iowa at home. Possibilities are still there for the taking.

Terrible weekend, but let's put this in perspective. How many people HONESTLY thought we were going to have a shot at an at-large bid without dominating in conference (which just isn't likely)? It's been said multiple times that this is a 1 bid league in most years. Sure, Purdue and NU could have both had great seasons and had the chance to get another bid for the conference, but it's just not overly likely with the RPI hits that both teams will take playing out the conference schedule. That being said, the Big Ten tourney is where we have to win because that is where we have to get our bid from. Losing sucks, but let's hope the coaches and players can learn from it and get something rewarding out of the weekend. This team still has a lot of things to be excited about, and one bad weekend shouldn't stop anyone from showing up at Haymarket. Hopefully we can rebound this week, starting by sweeping KSU.

• Fire 1

We need to remember the players we have are all of Anderson's players...sanguineti is the only Erstad kid, just wait until we get Anderson's boys out and then we will see significant progress...it just really sucks going to the CWS every year and not seeing scarlet and cream

Anderson brought in a lot of talent.. Similar to what Callahan did with football.. The talent is there, just takes time to get everything turned around and get that new style and attitude instilled.

We need to remember the players we have are all of Anderson's players...sanguineti is the only Erstad kid, just wait until we get Anderson's boys out and then we will see significant progress...it just really sucks going to the CWS every year and not seeing scarlet and cream

Anderson brought in a lot of talent.. Similar to what Callahan did with football.. The talent is there, just takes time to get everything turned around and get that new style and attitude instilled.

THIS is what was wrong with Anderson's teams. They adopted the attitude and mindset of their leader. Anderson let his teams become WAYYY too complacent and eventually everyone became fines just showing up and taking the field for games. It seems like collectively the team honestly didn't care if they won or lost. I know that is not the case among individual players, but without strong leadership and upperclassmen and the coach spurring guys on and demanding fiery play and competitiveness, it was the death knell for Anderson.

Sorry all for not posting over the weekend. I was rather busy with fast pitch softball tourney.

When I started this thread I admitted that I was nervous and I posted the quote from the Wildcats website showing how they have our number this year. I was also concerned about the pitching but never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd allow 8 unearned runs in one game. As for the series loss.. I do believe it is difficult for them to play inspired ball in a park that in many ways is smaller and less impressive then some high school parks. Also, I think the team (like me) expected a thousand husker fans to show and it never happened. That too was a disappointment and is indicative of why Northwestern plays in a ball park that seats 1K fans. The weather was also a factor and as much as most would expect me to come on with the doom and gloom comments regarding the weekend, it won't happen. I expect the team to have ups and downs. I expect the coaching staff does as well and losing one series isn't the end. The skers need to fix the errors and our young pitchers need to learn to keep their composure when errors happen. Things always seem worse then they truly are. The sun comes up each day, sometimes the ball bounces in the others favor but in the end the cream rises to the top and I don't believe the BIG has a better baseball program then our beloved skers. Yes we were pawned by the Wildcats AGAIN but he who laughs last laughs the longest. The skers will win the BIG and we will be in the post season.

G.B.R!!!

Sorry all for not posting over the weekend. I was rather busy with fast pitch softball tourney.

When I started this thread I admitted that I was nervous and I posted the quote from the Wildcats website showing how they have our number this year. I was also concerned about the pitching but never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd allow 8 unearned runs in one game. As for the series loss.. I do believe it is difficult for them to play inspired ball in a park that in many ways is smaller and less impressive then some high school parks. Also, I think the team (like me) expected a thousand husker fans to show and it never happened. That too was a disappointment and is indicative of why Northwestern plays in a ball park that seats 1K fans. The weather was also a factor and as much as most would expect me to come on with the doom and gloom comments regarding the weekend, it won't happen. I expect the team to have ups and downs. I expect the coaching staff does as well and losing one series isn't the end. The skers need to fix the errors and our young pitchers need to learn to keep their composure when errors happen. Things always seem worse then they truly are. The sun comes up each day, sometimes the ball bounces in the others favor but in the end the cream rises to the top and I don't believe the BIG has a better baseball program then our beloved skers. Yes we were pawned by the Wildcats AGAIN but he who laughs last laughs the longest. The skers will win the BIG and we will be in the post season.

G.B.R!!!

HH being positive?

At the risk of overkilling it in one thread...

f2a4f9e5_132353322733-mother-of-god-super-.jpeg