Now this IS the B1G!

I really don't know about you but I'm really getting excited about where this team is going.....However I'm wondering about this season and this team going to face adversity. This Schedule seems pretty sweet at my stand point. Look at the teams we have to face.

Let's see...they have to play....in Lincoln

Wisconsin - Cheese Country

Penn State - Lets not go there

Michigan - "Get over it Nebraska we beat Washingtong State"

yes...and away games

Michigan State....LOL 0 - 6...so far...LOL

tOSU....I actually respect the Ohio State University......they remind me Oklahoma...

So...I think we will be in the B1G title with Wisconsin...since tOSU can't be in a title game this year...

Any thoughts??

I really don't know about you but I'm really getting excited about where this team is going.....However I'm wondering about this season and this team going to face adversity. This Schedule seems pretty sweet at my stand point. Look at the teams we have to face.

yes...and away games

tOSU....I actually respect the Ohio State University......they remind me Oklahoma...

So...I think we will be in the B1G title with Wisconsin...since tOSU can't be in a title game this year...

Any thoughts??

My first thought is more of an observation. And it's that those cigarettes must have been quite delicious for your mother to smoke so many when she was pregnant.

• Fire 4

The Legends div looks to be a three horse race with NU and the two Meechicken schools. Our sched doesn't look as daunting this year. The tOSU game on the road looks tough. And going to Sparty's house might also be tough sledding. But I'm not sure whether Meechicken State will have a much of a home field advantage.

The Legends div looks to be a three horse race with NU and the two Meechicken schools. Our sched doesn't look as daunting this year. The tOSU game on the road looks tough. And going to Sparty's house might also be tough sledding. But I'm not sure whether Meechicken State will have a much of a home field advantage.

Michigan St. hasn't lost a home game the past two seasons. It will for sure be a challenge.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Taking a very early look at the 2012 schedule here's how I forsee it going. Please note that I have done zero research and I'm just going off of what I remember from last season and projecting towards '12.

Southern Miss...Win--95% probability. The Golden Eagles looked very impressive in their drubbing of Houston in the bowl game. But the Eagles lost their head coach to another team, their starting QB to graduation, along with a host of other players who had started for several seasons. In short, So Miss will essentially be starting over from scratch.

@ UCLA...Win--90% probability. New coach, new system and more than likely it will be a pro-style. Which plays right into the kind of defense Nebraska likes to play, meaning rush the front four, drop seven into coverage and play a match-up zone. The questions I have are, how will Devin Fuller be used, will he redshirt, or will new head coach Jim Mora roll the dice and play a true freshman? If I were Mora, I'd design an offense around what Fuller can do and take the lumps with a true freshman starting at QB.

Arkansas St...W--99.999999999999% probability. The only way the Red Wolves win, or even have a shot, is if Nebraska has another -8 turnover day like they did against Iowa State a couple of years ago.

Idaho St...W--99.999999999999% probability. See Ark st.

Wisconsin...W--50% probability. There are two upsides, 1) the game is in Lincoln and 2) no more Russell Wilson. Even still this will be a tough physical game for the Huskers. One thing is certain though Nebraska's DL and indeed whole defense will have to step up big time in the tough and physical department.

@ Ohio St...L--60% probability. On the road, versus a shifty, agile, mobile, QB and a defense that well, quite frankly, gets embarrassed too frequently by mobile QBs. If Nebraska can contain Braxton Miller and avoid turnovers they can pull it out, but it will be an intense uphill climb.

@ Northwestern...L--50% probability. The biggest question I have is will Nebraska actually take the Wildcats seriously this time around? Sadly, I doubt it. And while Northwestern loses a lot of people their biggest difference maker, Cain Kolter, returns.

Michigan...L--75% probability. Unless Bo changes or tweaks his defensive philosophy, this is another probable loss. I hate to harp on it but look at the way Michigan State played Michigan and then contrast it with the way the Huskers played the Wolverines. The Spartans blitzed and pressured Robinson and the Huskers played a soft coverage. Well the results of those two games are a stark reminder of why I do not really like Nebraska's chances here.

@ Michigan St...W--75% probability. Kirk Cousins, their two top WRs, and one RB are gone so there will be some retooling. This is another on the road dangerous game that if Nebraska doesn't take seriously they could lose.

Penn St...W--85% probability. This is a program in shambles. The new head coach for the Lions has his work cut out for him to say the least. This could be an ugly year for them.

Minnestoa...W--96% probability. The Gophers just don't have the personnel to compete.

@ Iowa...W--65% probability. Nebraska typically doesn't struggle against Iowa the way other Big 10 teams do, although now that we're in the Big 10 there will be much more familarity as we'll play every season. But for now, the Huskers have the edge.

Best case scenario: Undefeated season with a conference and national title as well.

:dumdum

Okay, now that the laughter has subsided, I think the best case scenario for '12 is a 10-2 regular season. I see Nebraska more than likely losing to Michigan and Ohio State. I think that Nebraska loses due to how Bo plays his defensive scheme not because I think the Huskers aren't talented enough to compete or win.

Worst case, and this could get real ugly real fast, Nebraska loses to Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Iowa and tanks to 6-6.

I'll sort of split the difference and say 9-3 in the regualr season with losses to MU, OSU and some unranked team at home.

What say you my fellow revelers of the Red?

• Fire 1

yes...and away games

Any thoughts??

My first thought is more of an observation. And it's that those cigarettes must have been quite delicious for your mother to smoke so many when she was pregnant.

what are you talking about....My mother was never Pregnant???

• Fire 1

The OP was a clusterf#@k to say the least.

Wisconsin seems like a lock for the Leaders with OSU not eligible.

The Legends is going to be a three team battle with us, Michigan and Sparty.

The big time games are going to be @ MSU and vs MICH. If we can win both of those, we'll be sitting pretty.

There are 2 games im worried about: Michigan and Ohio state.

Sparty lost ALOT and we may well beat them worse than last season.

Michigan lost alot too, without looking it up i believe most of that was line of scrimmage losses, and i see it as a 50% toss up.

Ohio State has a new coach that is a proven coach.....AT ANOTHER SCHOOL, however, they were better than their record showed last season and i think they end up closer to 10-2 or 9-3 this season and again i would say something like a toss up 50% type odds game.

Northwestern will not beat us again this season and if they do by looking past them again that is the one way that i might start jumping on the fire Bo wagon. 90% win likelyhood.

Everyone else we will beat and i have zero doubt of that.

Michigan St. hasn't lost a home game the past two seasons. It will for sure be a challenge.

All that says is that its time for us to kick their ass like we did in 95. Where is LP when you need him?

T_O_B

Michigan lost alot too, without looking it up i believe most of that was line of scrimmage losses, and i see it as a 50% toss up.

Ohio State has a new coach that is a proven coach.....AT ANOTHER SCHOOL, however, they were better than their record showed last season and i think they end up closer to 10-2 or 9-3 this season and again i would say something like a toss up 50% type odds game.

Northwestern will not beat us again this season and if they do by looking past them again that is the one way that i might start jumping on the fire Bo wagon. 90% win likelyhood.

So if Nebraska goes 11-1 and the lone loss is to Northwestern you'd jump on the "fire Bo" wagon? Or is that what you'll do if we have three losses again and one of those was to NW-again? I seriously hope there aren't really any Nebraska fans who will advocate getting rid of Bo if we have another 9-3 season.

So if Nebraska goes 11-1 and the lone loss is to Northwestern you'd jump on the "fire Bo" wagon? Or is that what you'll do if we have three losses again and one of those was to NW-again? I seriously hope there aren't really any Nebraska fans who will advocate getting rid of Bo if we have another 9-3 season.

i think you mistook what i was saying. im saying that regardless of record (0-12 or 11-1) if we still look past northwestern then i will start to seriously doubt how prepared Bo is of being a head coach. it really has nothing to do with record. He has a few seasons under his belt so we shouldnt be unprepared for any games any longer.

For the record i think we will go 10-2 or 11-1.

All that says is that its time for us to kick their ass like we did in 95. Where is LP when you need him?

T_O_B

Prison.