DE Robert Nkemdiche

Excel

This guy doesn't list Nebraska as an interest on any of the four recruiting sites.

Look who made the thread

Just stating a fact. Sorry to make you read a sentence.

Sorry for sounding like an a$$, I thought you were wondering why this thread was made if we didn't have any interest.

This guy doesn't list Nebraska as an interest on any of the four recruiting sites.

Look who made the thread

Just stating a fact. Sorry to make you read a sentence.

Sorry for sounding like an a$$, I thought you were wondering why this thread was made if we didn't have any interest.

No worries man. I was just pointing out to those reading the boards, that hey, we've got not shot. He has no interest. Always good to know where the studs are going.

Bridge

Water

• 1 month later...

followed his high school teammate. kinda shocked about this one. what are the recruiting sites gonna talk about now that he is committed?

...... Us? Maybe other uncommited kids. Tunsil, Hargraves, Vanderdoes, Pagano, Willis. Other people.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this would be a fun exercise to test the pulse of Husker fans in this scenario. As most already know, Robert Nkemdiche is the unanimous #1 recruit in the 2013 class by all four major recruiting services. Certainly any school would love to have the #1 kid, right? However, what you're about to read, just replace Clemson with Nebraska and then ask yourself if you'd be comfortable with the #1 recruit making conditions and ultimatums to Bo Pelini & staff? As a fan, where would you stand in this situation?

From Bruce Feldman's CBS mailbag today:

The risk of Nkemdiche's recruiting demands. . . ---> cbsprt.co/L63uvy

Thought this would be a fun exercise to test the pulse of Husker fans in this scenario. As most already know, Robert Nkemdiche is the unanimous #1 recruit in the 2013 class by all four major recruiting services. Certainly any school would love to have the #1 kid, right? However, what you're about to read, just replace Clemson with Nebraska and then ask yourself if you'd be comfortable with the #1 recruit making conditions and ultimatums to Bo Pelini & staff? As a fan, where would you stand in this situation?

You firmly and officially remind him that "he" is not the recruiting coordinator. If he takes his ball and goes home........too bad.

Once you announce publicly that you are open to negotiation with recruits on "others", you've lost control.

• Fire 2

You firmly and officially remind him that "he" is not the recruiting coordinator. If he takes his ball and goes home........too bad.

Once you announce publicly that you are open to negotiation with recruits on "others", you've lost control.

+1

This has been blown way out of porportion. He didn't make any demands, he was asked a question and he answered it, saying that he would shut down his recruitment if Clemson offered his buddy. If Clemson does not offer, he never said he wasn't going to Clemson, just that he would still visit other places. You can't fault him for mentioning it, it can't do anything but help his buddy out.

This has been blown way out of porportion. He didn't make any demands, he was asked a question and he answered it, saying that he would shut down his recruitment if Clemson offered his buddy. If Clemson does not offer, he never said he wasn't going to Clemson, just that he would still visit other places. You can't fault him for mentioning it, it can't do anything but help his buddy out.

KC, my post isn't meant as an attack on Clemson or Nkemdiche. I'm fully aware that media can misconstrue details or take quotes out of context. Duly noted. But what I was more interested in was putting forth a hypothetical situation which prompted me to ask Husker fans the question. A simple "Ethics 101" if you will to gauge how they would handle such a scenario.

In regards to the bolded statement, I read a few weeks ago that Clemson dumped Isaac McDonald because he visited Alabama and Mississippi while committed to Clemson? It said Coach Swinney has a rule against committed players visiting other schools? Again, I realize Nkemdiche hasn't made any visits (as far as we know) to any other campuses, but it begs the question, from an "Ethics 101" standpoint. Would Coach Swinney dump Nkemdiche if he were to visit Ole Miss while committed to Clemson as was suggested in the article? Just a thought?

I love to rip on Clemson but there isn't much to criticize here.

Package deals are common and Nkemdiche is playing this brilliantly, it's really quite admirable.

It bothers me to see people (not so much HB but elsewhere) criticize the kid for something we all do. He knows what he wants (play with his friends), he knows his limitations (they are many thanks to the NCAA, mainly he can't take money and he's screwed once he takes the scholly) and he knows his power/abilities (tremendous recruit that CU really wants/needs). Given that he's simply negotiating for all he can get. Its capitalism. More power to him.

To quote an article on SI...how many of us have used influence to get a buddy a job or a competing job effort/quote/estimate to get a raise/different price on something. We all do it. He's doing it here. Nothing personal, strictly business.