Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Here's a big pic of the helmet. Clean up after yourself:

bigblackhelmet.jpg

Where'd you find this? Doesn't look legit. That's looks like a youth facemask, and the reflection in the helmet looks like someone's porch. Also, the sticker over the helmet brand logo look pretty shoddy.

Where'd you find this? Doesn't look legit. That's looks like a youth facemask, and the reflection in the helmet looks like someone's porch. Also, the sticker over the helmet brand logo look pretty shoddy.

Those are a couple of good points. Hmmmm....

As for where I got it... I don't rightly remember, which is sad because I just posted this yesterday.

Think I may have an idea. Per Shatel's column.

• Hate to admit it, but the black Nebraska helmets are growing on me. I saw them up close on Monday at Huskers Authentic (other Husker stores carry them also). Store manager Gregg Lingenfelder said he's sold more than 150 of the mini helmets in just over a week and is already ordering 500 more. I can see why. The black helmet would look pretty slick on a desk or shelf. We'll see how they look on a football field next month, but I am prepared to eat my words.

Before I get chastised for this post, let me preface it by saying I do not want the team to do this.

Does anyone think that the team might wear the helmets for other games after the Wisky game? Similar to how Michigan wore the helmets with numbers the rest of the season last year.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. Just don't know how that would look with the normal team uni's

Before I get chastised for this post, let me preface it by saying I do not want the team to do this.

Does anyone think that the team might wear the helmets for other games after the Wisky game? Similar to how Michigan wore the helmets with numbers the rest of the season last year.

It's possible, but highly unlikely. The whole uniform could possibly make an appearance in a conference championship game, if we get there, or a bowl game. Outside of that, they'll be collecting a lot of dust.