IT IS TIME!

I guess I was more responding to the second post, which had this:

--Men's Basketball

-rumors

-Game threads

-Recruiting

--Women's Basketball

All as subforums.

There's only so much categorization and subcategorization we can have before we just get a lot of space-eating forums with little traffic and a massive scrollbar. It's nice to have, but how many forums do most people browse? Too much dilution and they all get less traffic. I should have said before I didn't finish the first post, I like this idea of bringing back subforums for some Husker sports, but it'll take some streamlining elsewhere to implement, jmo.

(edit: arrgh! new enhanced posting interface, I quit you!)

I don't care enough about basketball to frequent the Other Husker Sports area, but if the majority of the threads are about basketball, then I don't see why it can't have it's own forum.

That said, I did look at the forum, and it's a hodgepodge of a lot of different topics. zoogies discussed it a little bit - if it gets little traffic, I don't really see the point, personally. If it's only getting a couple of posts a day, even during the season...see what I'm saying?

I'm for either forums for Men's & Women's B-Ball, Volleyball, and Baseball individually, or subforums under Other Husker Sports. Either one at least gives a specific place to go for that topic, and I'm okay with that. I'd say dump Softball in with Baseball, but I don't know that I've actually seen a thread started this season on Softball, even though the women seem to be doing nicely.

My perfect world:

SPORTS

Husker Football

Football Recruiting

--2007 Signees

--2008 Signees

--2009 Signees

--2010 Signees

--etc (continue on in perpetuity, maybe archive older recruit forums)

Husker Volleyball

Husker Basketball

--Men's Basketball

--Women's Basketball

Husker Baseball

Other Husker Sports (Softball, Swim, Track, Wrestling, etc)

The Big Ten

Rumorville (I see a need for this - anyone else?)

Other Sports

HE WANTS TO REMOVE THE WOODSHED! :ahhhhhhhh

Hey. Wrestling should have it's own forum.

In my opinion, something deserves it's own forum if it has wide ranging appeal (like the computer games/technology forums) or has a lot of traffic (football). The minor Husker sports barely get discussed on here. Even during their respective seasons, there are huge time lapses with nobody posting new content or commenting on a consistent basis.

In my opinion, something deserves it's own forum if it has wide ranging appeal (like the computer games/technology forums) or has a lot of traffic (football). The minor Husker sports barely get discussed on here. Even during their respective seasons, there are huge time lapses with nobody posting new content or commenting on a consistent basis.

There is a strong group of us who would love a basketball forum.

I know. I just wish there were more people that followed the wrestlimg program. I was just trying to have a little fun.