I guarantee if something like what Enhance mentioned above happens in a sporting franchise like FIFA, bad things would happen.

I don't know how you can make the unbelievable, realistic game FIFA is, and then make an amateur football game.

Well I'll be one of the first to say that FIFA isn't truly realistic, it is pretty damn close and they're working hard to make sure that '13 is even close to realism. FIFA 13 is a game I am truly looking forward to playing.

Secondly, it isn't the same developing crew developing both games. Obviously the talent level or something is not as up to snuff on the NCAA team as it is on the FIFA team.

Thirdly, I'm sure the FIFA team has a higher budget, because EA knows that FIFA will sell more games than NCAA, because soccer is a worldwide sport, where football is (primarily) a North American sport.

Finally, there is no competition from another company when it comes to college football games. FIFA has PES and they're both constantly trying to outdo each other, the result is a game that is much better than the previous edition. NCAA does not have that competition in the way of 2k or anything like that, so they can afford to be lackadaisical about making their games, because people will still buy them.

Now, EAs license with the NCAA expires in 2014 so we'll see if they're will be another company to step up and make a game--only for EA to run them out of business.

I guarantee if something like what Enhance mentioned above happens in a sporting franchise like FIFA, bad things would happen.

I don't know how you can make the unbelievable, realistic game FIFA is, and then make an amateur football game.

Well I'll be one of the first to say that FIFA isn't truly realistic, it is pretty damn close and they're working hard to make sure that '13 is even close to realism. FIFA 13 is a game I am truly looking forward to playing.

Secondly, it isn't the same developing crew developing both games. Obviously the talent level or something is not as up to snuff on the NCAA team as it is on the FIFA team.

Thirdly, I'm sure the FIFA team has a higher budget, because EA knows that FIFA will sell more games than NCAA, because soccer is a worldwide sport, where football is (primarily) a North American sport.

Finally, there is no competition from another company when it comes to college football games. FIFA has PES and they're both constantly trying to outdo each other, the result is a game that is much better than the previous edition. NCAA does not have that competition in the way of 2k or anything like that, so they can afford to be lackadaisical about making their games, because people will still buy them.

Now, EAs license with the NCAA expires in 2014 so we'll see if they're will be another company to step up and make a game--only for EA to run them out of business.

The only thing about if another company got rights to produce a college football game, it would not come out right away. It takes years to develop these with an engine. If a company stepped in, they would not have a previous model to work from, so they would basically be starting from scratch, and imo there would be no way to get a game done in a year or less, i think the earliest you would see for instance a 2k15 college football game. It would take time.

Anyway, I just read the Gamespot and IGN reviews for the game, and I had a few questions. Both reviewers kind of reached a consensus on one thing. They didn't really do much updating to the actual Dynasty mode itself, just the actual gameplay. Anyway, questions:

1. One guy mentioned the menus on Dynasty were difficult to navigate and tedious. Is that true? Not a dealbreaker for me, but I'd still like to know.
  2. Keeping with Dynasty, I've heard guys mention the changes to recruiting... but haven't heard anybody discuss them in depth. Do they make recruiting more or less enjoyable or is it more or less the same as last year?
  3. One of the reviewers mentioned that receivers actually drag their feet correctly on sidelines catches. Sweet. Bout time. But he said all the new offensive improvements made D much more difficult. True or false?

Now, the last one can be fixed with sliders. He mentioned picks were hard to come by, and that could easily be remedied by cranking up interceptions. However, sometimes when I make one change to a single slider, it seems to change the entire game, making it way too hard or (more commonly) a breeze. Ever happen to anybody else?

I've only played/recruited through 3 weeks of Dynasty, so from my limited experience...

1. I haven't really noticed a big difference in menu navigation. Not sure what the guy was talking about?

2. A couple of big things, first they added Scouting time. You can scout a player and his attributes might increase or decrease off of the expected level. To be honest, I'm not really sure how it affects things. I mean, if you don't scout them, I'm not sure if their ratings will change to the actual level after they commit or if scouting them gives you a possible bonus to their ratings. Secondly, every rating for your school changes weekly (playing time, play style, coach stability, etc.). Obviously, that can really help or really hurt you.

3. I haven't had a problem with the defense. As with any game in the series it takes a couple of games to get use to the tweaks and see what works best. I'd add that offensively, the passing is much improved and more realistic. Running the ball is very similar to 2012.

2. I have actually scouted a player and they turned out to be a bust. I dropped them from my recruiting list since I didn't want a bust on the team.

3. When I played Arkansas State I had 4 or 5 interceptions with two being pick six's. I won 70-7.

Almost set a record a few hours ago. Got 23 1/2 sacks in one season record is 24. This was. as a MLB btw. Just blitzed every play... Got 3 more seasons to go or turn pro?

Varsity difficulty doesn't count :P

I only run varsity for campus legend mode. Dynasty I run All-American or Heisman.

Decided to go with Memphis. 1 star prestige team. Liked their conference a little more than texas state.

Say what you want but I'm on my 4th national championship with Texas St. I backed out of the WAC and went independent because no matter what happens their conf is a A or A+. And you can choose your schedule. I just picked out all the fours and good 3 stars that weren't offered by anyone else and start building up your program.

Personally, I find the recruiting process in dynasty mode on this game incredibly tedious and boring.

What I do, is on my recruiting board I target first the players I need to fill the holes on my roster. Then I target other players to maintain depth at all the other positions. I then simulate through the system the entire recruiting process. The result? One #2 ranked class and the other was the #3 ranked class. It simply doesn't pay to "drill down" into the depths of recruiting this game allows you to. And I've completely avoided scouting any of these players because every time I scout them they always are crappy. So I simply let the computer do what it does and I haven't had a single issue.

This is overall a fun game, but the defense is a complete mystery. In my second dynasty season I was at home against Michigan St and the final score ended up being 56 to 49. I won the game but the Spartans literally had like 600 yards of offense. It didn't matter what I did on defense. If I play base either man or zone they ran the ball for at least 7 yards a pop. When I blitzed they torched me on long TD passes. If I played zone they picked me apart. There were no audibles to call, no substitution packages to run, no timeouts to be employed that could help my defense in that game. On one snap I blitzed the nickel CB, he came in totally unblocked, and hit the MSU QB full force and started to wrap up on the tackle. You'd think that was a sack right? Not even close. The MSU QB literally pushed my guy to the ground and fired a TD pass 49 yards down the field to a WR who was double covered.

Personally, I find the recruiting process in dynasty mode on this game incredibly tedious and boring.

What I do, is on my recruiting board I target first the players I need to fill the holes on my roster. Then I target other players to maintain depth at all the other positions. I then simulate through the system the entire recruiting process. The result? One #2 ranked class and the other was the #3 ranked class. It simply doesn't pay to "drill down" into the depths of recruiting this game allows you to. And I've completely avoided scouting any of these players because every time I scout them they always are crappy. So I simply let the computer do what it does and I haven't had a single issue.

This is overall a fun game, but the defense is a complete mystery. In my second dynasty season I was at home against Michigan St and the final score ended up being 56 to 49. I won the game but the Spartans literally had like 600 yards of offense. It didn't matter what I did on defense. If I play base either man or zone they ran the ball for at least 7 yards a pop. When I blitzed they torched me on long TD passes. If I played zone they picked me apart. There were no audibles to call, no substitution packages to run, no timeouts to be employed that could help my defense in that game. On one snap I blitzed the nickel CB, he came in totally unblocked, and hit the MSU QB full force and started to wrap up on the tackle. You'd think that was a sack right? Not even close. The MSU QB literally pushed my guy to the ground and fired a TD pass 49 yards down the field to a FR who was double covered.

Run a 4-3 and push your S back. A 3-3-5 is good for the pass too. Me being a NCAA vet I don't have any problems with defense as I would consider myself a defensive guru on that game. Tip the D line controls everything the D does in that game.