Silent Commits

the 2012 class everyone was so high on is looking crappier by the day. Down to 15? Khiry gone. Green gone. That will leave how many schollies open this year? 5 or 6? Pelini got his a$$ kicked in the numbers game this year. That's not quite the 10 that USC loses for violations...but missing by 6 is not a positive thing.

Yes, the sky is falling. Without Cooper and Green I'm not sure we can even field a team.

the 2012 class everyone was so high on is looking crappier by the day. Down to 15? Khiry gone. Green gone. That will leave how many schollies open this year? 5 or 6? Pelini got his a$$ kicked in the numbers game this year. That's not quite the 10 that USC loses for violations...but missing by 6 is not a positive thing.

Yes, the sky is falling. Without Cooper and Green I'm not sure we can even field a team.

we'll field a team - but people like you are the first to cry about oversigning and how much of an advantage it gives....but you brush off Nebraska undersigning as a non-issue. Right now those SEC teams probably have 10-12 more scholly players to choose from that Nebraska does. You don't think that's a big deal? Do we need to make it even easier on them?

how dare you use logic here. Blasphemy!

Pelini has a type of personality that you either love or hate. I cant imagine it would be easy to work for/play for. But one thing i do respect... he always has his players back (sometimes to a fault).

But on the flip side about Bo's love or hate personality..... he does get players to stay the whole time. Dennard, Suh, Prince, David, Crick, Stienkuhler, etc could have all left their Jr year for the draft but stuck it out. Most coaches cant keep their "proven" players on campus for their sr year, so make sure you see the positive side as well.

Pelini has a type of personality that you either love or hate. I cant imagine it would be easy to work for/play for. But one thing i do respect... he always has his players back (sometimes to a fault).

But on the flip side about Bo's love or hate personality..... he does get players to stay the whole time. Dennard, Suh, Prince, David, Crick, Stienkuhler, etc could have all left their Jr year for the draft but stuck it out. Most coaches cant keep their "proven" players on campus for their sr year, so make sure you see the positive side as well.

Yes but Dennard, Steinkuhler, And Crick hurt their pockets by staying.

Crick yes (but you can't predict that). Dennard was mostly his own doing. Stein is yet to be seen. He would have been a VERY late round pick had he gone out now. I don't see his stock doing anything but moving up this season.

Suh, Prince, and David all increased their value.

• Fire 2

Crick yes (but you can't predict that). Dennard was mostly his own doing. Stein is yet to be seen. He would have been a VERY late round pick had he gone out now. I don't see his stock doing anything but moving up this season.

Crick was projected as a 1st rounder (LAST YEAR) So this injury and his poor performance hurt him a ton. Dennard probably could of been 4th round. Stein would of got undrafted.

Crick was projected as a 1st rounder (LAST YEAR) So this injury and his poor performance hurt him a ton. Dennard probably could of been 4th round. Stein would of got undrafted.

Crick and Dennard were both projected as mid 1st rounders before this last season. Crick's injury is what hurt him, a pectoral injury is really hard to come back from it takes a ton of rehab. Dennard hurt his stock in the bowl game, Senior Bowl (he was injured), and of course the last incident. And I also wouldn't say Crick underperformed this year, since he only played in maybe 4 games.

we'll field a team - but people like you are the first to cry about oversigning and how much of an advantage it gives....but you brush off Nebraska undersigning as a non-issue. Right now those SEC teams probably have 10-12 more scholly players to choose from that Nebraska does. You don't think that's a big deal? Do we need to make it even easier on them?

My point is that you're overreacting to what is a minor concern. Being short by 5-6 is not even close to some SEC schools having 20+ more schollies. If we take 25 both this year and next, I think that will put us back at 85 total. I'm not sure what the actual schollie projections are, so feel free to post those numbers if you've got them.

I think Joe Mathis is a silent commit. Will he hold up as one? I have no idea. But I think he is a silent commit at this point. His coach had too many quotes that hinted NU was knock your socks off impressive.

As much as I would love to belive this I cant think this is true. He said he also wanted to take his time to make a commit just recently.

I think Joe Mathis is a silent commit. Will he hold up as one? I have no idea. But I think he is a silent commit at this point. His coach had too many quotes that hinted NU was knock your socks off impressive.

Possibly why Sua is visiting?

Im trying to remember but wasnt it because his coach said it was wonderful and had a meeting or something here? And add in that Joe probably told him it was good he might want to expeirence it himself.