Silent Commits

There is no way we only take 2 at LB. I cant see the coaches relying on guys to show up a year later passing on other LBs on a chance they get their grades up. We will take one more for sure. We badly need depth at LB and if 2 dont qualify you have to move on like they will never make it and adresses it in 2014 class if they make it. Chances are one of em never makes it if they dont qualify. Heard, Jackson are rare cases imo.

There is no way we only take 2 at LB. I cant see the coaches relying on guys to show up a year later passing on other LBs on a chance they get their grades up. We will take one more for sure. We badly need depth at LB and if 2 dont qualify you have to move on like they will never make it and adresses it in 2014 class if they make it. Chances are one of em never makes it if they dont qualify. Heard, Jackson are rare cases imo.

That's great and all.... except coach Pelini told Banderas and Love that they are only taking 2. There are direct quotes from him saying that. Now, they may change their mind when some of these kids don't make it this fall or when they end up having some extra room if their guys on their board don't pan out exactly how they think.

That's great and all.... except coach Pelini told Banderas and Love that they are only taking 2. There are direct quotes from him saying that. Now, they may change their mind when some of these kids don't make it this fall or when they end up having some extra room if their guys on their board don't pan out exactly how they think.

Yeah, I'd love to see these direct quotes. It is really interesting considering Ross Els in an article with the LJS has said he wants 3 minimum and NU will even tak 4. There is no way they stop at 2. There will be more and if Afalava and/or Brown don't make it(and this isn't even a given yet) that number could swell to 5.

Yeah, I'd love to see these direct quotes. It is really interesting considering Ross Els in an article with the LJS has said he wants 3 minimum and NU will even tak 4. There is no way they stop at 2. There will be more and if Afalava and/or Brown don't make it(and this isn't even a given yet) that number could swell to 5.

I would like to see these quotes as well. There is no way we only take 2 this year based on 2 kids that may or may not make it a year later. Thats like us passing on Ameer Abdullah late because Braylon Heard "still might make it" or not taking a corner in 2012 because Jackson might pass his test next time. If Afalava doesnt make it we will take 4 and if Brown doesnt make it as well, i wouldnt be suprised if we looked at taking 5. You just cant count on guys like that. If they make it in the spring or a year late...great, well address it in the 2014 class and only take 1 or 2....when we know for sure they will be here.

I would like to see these quotes as well. There is no way we only take 2 this year based on 2 kids that may or may not make it a year later. Thats like us passing on Ameer Abdullah late because Braylon Heard "still might make it" or not taking a corner in 2012 because Jackson might pass his test next time. If Afalava doesnt make it we will take 4 and if Brown doesnt make it as well, i wouldnt be suprised if we looked at taking 5. You just cant count on guys like that. If they make it in the spring or a year late...great, well address it in the 2014 class and only take 1 or 2....when we know for sure they will be here.

Here is a link to a PAID rivals article that contains the quote. You can read it for yourself if you have a subscription.

2 LB quote - Courtney Love

There is no way we only take 2 at LB.  I cant see the coaches relying on guys to show up a year later passing on other LBs on a chance they get their grades up.  We will take one more for sure.  We badly need depth at LB and if 2 dont qualify you have to move on like they will never make it and adresses it in 2014 class if they make it.  Chances are one of em never makes it if they dont qualify.  Heard,  Jackson are rare cases imo.

Yeah, I'd love to see these direct quotes.  It is really interesting considering Ross Els in an article with the LJS has said he wants 3 minimum and NU will even tak 4.  There is no way they stop at 2.  There will be more and if Afalava and/or Brown don't make it(and this isn't even a given yet) that number could swell to 5.

I would like to see these quotes as well.  There is no way we only take 2 this year based on 2 kids that may or may not make it a year later. Thats like us passing on Ameer Abdullah late because Braylon Heard "still might make it"  or not taking a corner in 2012 because Jackson might pass his test next time.  If Afalava doesnt make it we will take 4 and if Brown doesnt make it as well, i wouldnt be suprised if we looked at taking 5.  You just cant count on guys like that.  If they make it in the spring or a year late...great, well address it in the 2014 class and only take 1 or 2....when we know for sure they will be here.

Here is a link to a PAID rivals article that contains the quote. You can read it for yourself if you have a subscription.

I think the Coaches weren't counting on Afalava, but I think if Brown doesn't make it the Coaches could look for a 3rd in this class.

Thats great but said poster said it was because they were counting on Afalava and Brown not making it as the reason we are only taking 2. If the coaches are only taking two it would not be for that reason. And IF they dont make it you can count on taking more then 2, which is my point. You dont count on players "maybe" making it and pass on prospects.

the 2012 class everyone was so high on is looking crappier by the day. Down to 15? Khiry gone. Green gone. That will leave how many schollies open this year? 5 or 6? Pelini got his a$$ kicked in the numbers game this year. That's not quite the 10 that USC loses for violations...but missing by 6 is not a positive thing.

More schollies to give to walk-ons

the 2012 class everyone was so high on is looking crappier by the day. Down to 15? Khiry gone. Green gone. That will leave how many schollies open this year? 5 or 6? Pelini got his a$$ kicked in the numbers game this year. That's not quite the 10 that USC loses for violations...but missing by 6 is not a positive thing.

that's not how you manage a roster. those guys are already on the team - they aren't going anywhere. try 6 guaranteed spots that will not go to a potential impact player.

that's not how you manage a roster. those guys are already on the team - they aren't going anywhere. try 6 guaranteed spots that will not go to a potential impact player.

I know, it was a joke.