Opinions on the next commit for the huskers

Word is that a "big ugly" from the east is going to switch his current commitment to us. (I am totally repeating what I heard on another forum).

Any idea who this might be? I'm looking through our list of prospects that are committed elsewhere, and can't think of one that it may be without it being a high 4* or 5* that would have created more of a stir than just all of a sudden "Hey, I'm switching to NU. Even NU fans couldn't see it coming"

could be senat a former florida state committ. apparently he has major interest in us who knows.

other news from our wr prospect out of ohio (gladney)

“Mainly (Papuchis) was telling me that they really want me, and that I’d be a good fit there and they want to get me down here,” Gladney told Huskers Illustrated. They are hoping to get me to commit that day. I would be open for it. I’ve been on all these campuses and visits, but I’d be open for it if it’s the one.”

We could have a chance at landing gladney as well after his visit june 11th.

John Montelus? From Massachusetts and stated that he would visit NU but then committed to ND a week later. You would think it would be someone who has atleast visited once but that isn't always the case. Could you provide a link to the other board or is a subscription needed?

Word is that a "big ugly" from the east is going to switch his current commitment to us. (I am totally repeating what I heard on another forum).

Any idea who this might be? I'm looking through our list of prospects that are committed elsewhere, and can't think of one that it may be without it being a high 4* or 5* that would have created more of a stir than just all of a sudden "Hey, I'm switching to NU. Even NU fans couldn't see it coming"

It could easily be the DB that committed to Tennessee when Joseph was there and then de-committed when he left. He has said multiple times that he has a very good relationship with Joseph, Joseph is the man, and NU is sitting pretty well with him right now because of Joseph. He's not currently committed to anyone though and hasn't said anything about us in a while. He is also apparently a package deal now with a cousin and someone else.

It could easily be the DB that committed to Tennessee when Joseph was there and then de-committed when he left. He has said multiple times that he has a very good relationship with Joseph, Joseph is the man, and NU is sitting pretty well with him right now because of Joseph.

I guess when I hear "big ugly" I think olineman/dlineman. Plus neither Alexander or the other guy he wants to play with are currently committed to anyone.

It could easily be the DB that committed to Tennessee when Joseph was there and then de-committed when he left. He has said multiple times that he has a very good relationship with Joseph, Joseph is the man, and NU is sitting pretty well with him right now because of Joseph. He's not currently committed to anyone though and hasn't said anything about us in a while. He is also apparently a package deal now with a cousin and someone else.

His twin brother and Deadrin Senat is the rumor. Senat is a DL so the "big ugly" comment fits that. I don't buy it being him.

His twin brother and Deadrin Senat is the rumor. Senat is a DL so the "big ugly" comment fits that. I don't buy it being him.

That would be a big time haul of kids and I would probably http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq0lYB3iSM

greg webb, penn state commit is a real big fella that really wanted to check out nebraska then ended up pulling the trigger with penn state. its all just rumors anyway im sure otherwise we would have more information on it already

My guesses:

-Deadrin Senat

-Greg Webb

-Evan Lisle

-Billy Price

The most likely is Senat, but it could be a complete surpirse much like Dennard's committment was. The news should come out tomorrow or Thursday.

guess everyone was wrong. Looks like the kid decommitted from pitt and committed to nebraska is dan samuelson OT out of Indiana

I hope he joins the rest of the guys for Big Red Weekend. He just visited NU this weekend with his dad. It was a quiet visit to respect Pitt and now he's committed to us. I have to wonder though, it seems like we are taking anybody and everybody that wants to pull the trigger on us this year. The star quality is not there like it could be.