How will our guys do in the draft?

Looking forward to watching the draft (How F'n bored am I?). Just wondering how NB thinks our guys will do and how they will do in the NFL. I really like David(e) to go first and think he will have a good career in the league. McShay has him going to the Lions and I would love to see him play behind Van Den Bosch in that Lion defense. I think Dennard has a good chance to make a team and have a good career. Crick I am not so sure about. I have felt for a couple years that his best games came when he played beside Suh. I thought his Jr year was a dsapointment and I didn't think the few games he played this year before the injury showed any promise of being any better.

Those are my thoughts now for your's.

T_O_B

G>B>R

• Fire 1

Already have a draft topic going so i will touch base on your Crick comments, I dont know how you could say his junior year was a poor one, he nearly mirrored his soph season with SUH. I think it was like 70 tackles, 9.5 sacks, and 19 TkFL. For a DT in a 2 cap defense thats pretty amazing. His senior season was marred by injury from the spring game on, he had a little knee issue, then his Pec muscle during the season. I would venture to say he probly only played 2 games at 100% if that. You don't get called 1st round talent after his junior year for nothing.

^ It's not all about the stats. Crick really didn't hold his ground in the run game. It was apparent as soon as our first opponent's starting running back (a cupcake team no less) ran for over 100 in 2010.

And Dennard will not go as high as you guys are thinking. He's been slipping and will go as high as the third now, and could go lower.

I'll be really surprised if Dennard goes in the top three rounds. His stock plummeted after he got embarrassed at the Senior Bowl, then even further after he committed a felony a week before the draft. Someone might be willing to take a chance with him in the 4th round, but 5th or 6th seem more realistic.

I could see Crick going to Tennessee in the 4th round. He seems like the kind of DT they like, but could easily be a DE on a 34 defense. Could go as high as the 3rd round, and as low as the 5th.

David will be a early 2nd round pick. Late first rounder if the cards fall right.

Dennard was injured at Senior Bowl practice, and I think most scouts took note of that. Or maybe I'm dreaming that up - thought I read it somewhere.

I think his recent legal issues will be the biggest knock against him. His overall body of work at Nebraska is impressive enough, but his recent decision-making... that's going to make a lot of teams think twice about him.

Dennard was injured at Senior Bowl practice, and I think most scouts took note of that. Or maybe I'm dreaming that up - thought I read it somewhere.

You're right, he didn't finish the week. He was getting his ass handed to him before that happened though. So the damage (to his stock) was already done.

You're right, he didn't finish the week. He was getting his ass handed to him before that happened though. So the damage (to his stock) was already done.

One bad showing isn't gonna hurt him that much. These team scouts are looking at all his game film and taking notes. The only thing that will hurt him is his recent run in with the LAW.

One bad showing isn't gonna hurt him that much. These team scouts are looking at all his game film and taking notes. The only thing that will hurt him is his recent run in with the LAW.

He was considered a first rounder before the Senior Bowl, and a second or third rounder after. So it did hurt him a lot. The whole felony thing doesn't make matters any better.

He was considered a first rounder before the Senior Bowl, and a second or third rounder after. So it did hurt him a lot. The whole felony thing doesn't make matters any better.

Looks like your comparing analysts to scouts, not the same thing. What a teams scouts think holds a lot more weight than a stupid analyst on ESPN.

Looks like your comparing analysts to scouts, not the same thing. What a teams scouts think holds a lot more weight than a stupid analyst on ESPN.

Incorrect. But your second sentence is correct.

Really.. This link from NFL.com has Pattric Witt going pick 197.

http://www.nfl.com/d...HP11_hot_topics

The NFL takes mental capacity seriously at the QB spot. I wish Nebraska did more.

Witt didn't want to compete, so he left. How's that our fault?

Not what I meant. Talking about our current roster of 2.0 GPA QBs that can't learn the playbook. There's a reason Brion isn't sniffing the field...