Aaron Green

The list of players not utilized is quite a bit longer than the list of those who have transferred obviously. But yeah, Aaron Green, Cody Green, Khiry Cooper, and Josh Williams are very recent examples of players I thought were talented individuals that were not utilized.

The list of players who have not been utilized is clearly based on opinion, since there is really no way of knowing why they were not allowed to play. There could be many various reasons why some guys were not given opportunities. When you look at the talent on the field though, it's hard to overlook the fact that there seems to be a lot of pure athleticism that has either not been developed, or just not been on the field.

Stanley Jean Baptiste, Courtney Osborne ( one of the best playmakers we had out there, then all of a sudden he can't beat out Austin Cassidy for a starting job? How does that work?), Braylon Heard (will probably disappear), Jay Guy, Eric Martin (face it people, a guy like that should have been getting on the field more than just special teams the last few years, he would be a standout at a place like Alabama.) Jason Ankrah (talk about the physical tools to play ball, yet he's been here since 2009 and how much have we heard of him?) Harvey Jackson ? (didn't he force a fumble, have one interception and almost a second...if it wasn't for the broken hand he had during that spring game! LOL) I guess he's not good enough. Brion Carnes (not even developed enough to take some mop up duty snaps last season? Very poor utilization.) P.J. Smith, Corey Cooper, Lester Ward, Currenski Gilleylan, Marcus Mendoza, all great athletes. Antonio Bell (moved to corner, never heard from again) Kyler Reed ( this guy would be a top 3 TE in the country if he played anywhere else) Quinton Taiola? What ever happened to him? (I seriously don't know what happened to him? )

Maybe all of these player looked like they could play (in high school) maybe they had talent.....problem lies with their brains..maybe they just can't understand or learn what it is the coaches are trying to teach them?

What bugs me is, if he's leaving because we're modifying our playing style to fit the Big Ten mold, I think that's a mistake. The better SEC teams beat the better Big Ten teams not by mimicking their style but by overwhelming them with speed. Ohio State is a good blend of speed and strength, as is Michigan, but even they are more weighted toward strength than speed. It's a mistake to play that game - they've been doing it longer and they're better at it than we are, or will be for some time.

If we are I think we may just be fulfilling the prophecy of that old saying: those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. TO learned that you can have strength and be successful but if you want to win the big games you gotta have speed.

He did say that, but I believe he was talking more about the defence. He always had the speed on the offensive side. Couldn't contain the Florida teams with the d- players he had for Big-8 play.

GBR!!!

TCU's Strength of Schedule in that four years:

2008 - 69th

2009 - 60th

2010 - 76th

2011 - 86th

Nebraska's SOS, same years:

2008 - 38th

2009 - 52nd

2010 - 39th

2011 - 26th

Just a bit of a disparity there. I daresay given their schedule, Nebraska could have eked out a win or two more per year.

Yeah, because during those years we just utterly dominated the lesser competition we played. Teams such as V.Tech (08'), Iowa State (09'), Texas (10'), Washington 2.0 (10'), Northwestern (11'). :sarcasm

Meanwhile, TCU in 2008 only lost 2, both away games to top 10 teams. 2009 didn't lose until playing another top 10 team in a BCS Bowl (something NU hasn't even sniffed in the last 4 years). 2010 of course was undefeated (another BCS bowl). 2011, after losing the best QB in the program's history still only lose 2 games. Both to ranked teams, one in overtime, the other at the hands of RG3 in one of the best games of the season opening weekend.

You know why TCU has been A LOT better than NU over the last 4 years? Because they've won the games they are supposed to win. Regardless of the SOS, Nebraska hasn't done that. If our losses were to top 20 teams then the SOS argument carries a little more weight - but they aren't.

If our respective SOS was even remotely close, you'd have a better point. But they're not - we're on average 34 points higher. That's nothing to dismiss.

Sure TCU has played in a BCS bowl while we haven't - but we missed out on back-to-back BCS bowls by a combined four points in that stretch. You dismiss our last several teams as if they're dog meat. They're not - they're just not great. But they're literally two plays away from two BCS bowls in the last four years.

I don't understand this rush to dismiss Nebraska. I'm certainly not claiming we're great, but to focus on our bad games alone really misses the point.

If our respective SOS was even remotely close, you'd have a better point. But they're not - we're on average 34 points higher. That's nothing to dismiss.

Sure TCU has played in a BCS bowl while we haven't - but we missed out on back-to-back BCS bowls by a combined four points in that stretch. You dismiss our last several teams as if they're dog meat. They're not - they're just not great. But they're literally two plays away from two BCS bowls in the last four years.

I don't understand this rush to dismiss Nebraska. I'm certainly not claiming we're great, but to focus on our bad games alone really misses the point.

If our records were even remotely close, you'd have a better point. But they're not. TCU lost 5 games to Nebraska's 16. Almost 3 more losses per year. That's nothing to dismiss.

Sure, Nebraska has been "close" to the BCS...but TCU has been to 2 (and won 1, narrowly losing the other) - and missed out on a 3 straight undefeated seasons 17 points. Their last 4 losses are by 3,7,2 and 7 points. If we're close to the BCS, then TCU is dang near 51-1 over the last 4 seasons.

I don't understand this rush to diminish other programs (and players) in and effort to prop up Nebraska. We are what we are. I'm certainly not claiming we are a bad team...but to constantly focus on each and every excuse in an attempt to explain away our mediocracy really misses the point.

The difference is two losses per year, Chris. With a significantly weaker schedule. This isn't rocket science.

TCU has been a good team. We've been a not-so-good team. But there aren't glaring differences between the two. They're far smaller than you're allowing.

OK, we'll use your number of three. With the uber-easy schedule they had, you're telling me you have zero doubt Nebraska couldn't have eked out two more wins? I'll go ahead and think differently.

I agree we would have had more wins. 11 more? Not sure. With some of the losses we've had the last 4 years though, I just personally don't think it's our schedule keeping us from better seasons. We should easily have 5 more wins with that schedule...but we don't. We lose games we shouldn't. TCU hasn't. They played the schedule they played, and they were very good.

OK, we'll use your number of three. With the uber-easy schedule they had, you're telling me you have zero doubt Nebraska couldn't have eked out two more wins? I'll go ahead and think differently.

I agree we would have had more wins. 11 more? Not sure. With some of the losses we've had the last 4 years though, I just personally don't think it's our schedule keeping us from better seasons. We should easily have 5 more wins with that schedule...but we don't. We lose games we shouldn't. TCU hasn't. They played the schedule they played, and they were very good.

when you replace wisconsin with unlv, michigan with colorado state, texas with new mexico, texas A&M with byu etc, you are going to get more wins plain and simple. TCU would not be 11-2 in the B1G or Big 12, they would have our same record or worse

• Fire 1

I won't disagree with you that we lose games we shouldn't. Northwestern, Iowa State, etc, over the past few years. And many more are much closer than they have any business being. But that doesn't mean TCU wouldn't lose those games, or play them too close, or whatever.

• Fire 1

The fact that TCU wasn't being brutalized by their schedule week in and week out makes it easier to win the games you are supposed to...

Like that brutal 3 weeks of schedule we played before Washington 2.0? Or maybe the nail biter the team endured against K.State before playing Texas in 10' (which followed 4 sun belt teams)? Or the power football beatdown we received against Tech prior to Iowa State 09'. Or how about the close game we played against Michigan St. before losing to Northwestern?

(all very sarcastic above)

I completely agree w/ you that a tough schedule will wear on a team throughout the season. But it's not the "toughness" of the schedule that has led to our losses against teams we should beat. You can look to almost every "should have won" loss in the Pelini era, and take a step back to the prior weeks to find out why. Washington? Team completely not into the game. Texas? Hyped, emotional, team not into the game. Iowa State? beatdown by Tech prior week, emotional, team not into the game. Northwestern? huge win prior week, emotional, team not into the game.

This team is an emotional roller coaster (remind you of someone? maybe their head coach?), and it bites them in the a$$ at least once or twice a season.