Aaron Green

The list of players not utilized is quite a bit longer than the list of those who have transferred obviously. But yeah, Aaron Green, Cody Green, Khiry Cooper, and Josh Williams are very recent examples of players I thought were talented individuals that were not utilized.

The list of players who have not been utilized is clearly based on opinion, since there is really no way of knowing why they were not allowed to play. There could be many various reasons why some guys were not given opportunities. When you look at the talent on the field though, it's hard to overlook the fact that there seems to be a lot of pure athleticism that has either not been developed, or just not been on the field.

Stanley Jean Baptiste, Courtney Osborne ( one of the best playmakers we had out there, then all of a sudden he can't beat out Austin Cassidy for a starting job? How does that work?), Braylon Heard (will probably disappear), Jay Guy, Eric Martin (face it people, a guy like that should have been getting on the field more than just special teams the last few years, he would be a standout at a place like Alabama.) Jason Ankrah (talk about the physical tools to play ball, yet he's been here since 2009 and how much have we heard of him?) Harvey Jackson ? (didn't he force a fumble, have one interception and almost a second...if it wasn't for the broken hand he had during that spring game! LOL) I guess he's not good enough. Brion Carnes (not even developed enough to take some mop up duty snaps last season? Very poor utilization.) P.J. Smith, Corey Cooper, Lester Ward, Currenski Gilleylan, Marcus Mendoza, all great athletes. Antonio Bell (moved to corner, never heard from again) Kyler Reed ( this guy would be a top 3 TE in the country if he played anywhere else) Quinton Taiola? What ever happened to him? (I seriously don't know what happened to him? )

c. Osborne was injured nearly all of last year. I'm not sure how many times I have to state it for it to sink in to people. Just for the record he's still having problems and my guess if he has issues this fall his playing days are done or very very limited.

I love coming to this board to get some Husker news, but I hate to read some posts from negative people that have nothing better to do than sit there and bash these young men for making some of the decisions they make. I know that I made some questionable decisions when I was in my early 20's. Aaron is an exceptional athlete and I wish him all the best. I think we will be just fine at the running back position, but I do know that I hate to see him go. A lot of us think that he is making a poor choice in transferring, but I think it's for selfish reasons. I love the Huskers and I want to see quality boys like Aaron playing for my beloved Huskers. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

• Fire 2

I love coming to this board to get some Husker news, but I hate to read some posts from negative people that have nothing better to do than sit there and bash these young men for making some of the decisions they make. I know that I made some questionable decisions when I was in my early 20's. Aaron is an exceptional athlete and I wish him all the best. I think we will be just fine at the running back position, but I do know that I hate to see him go. A lot of us think that he is making a poor choice in transferring, but I think it's for selfish reasons. I love the Huskers and I want to see quality boys like Aaron playing for my beloved Huskers. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

+1.

Although I would amend my questionable decisions to early childhood, teens, 20's, 30's, 40's etc... There's not a pattern here is there?

+1.

Although I would amend my questionable decisions to early childhood, teens, 20's, 30's, 40's etc... There's not a pattern here is there?

I would agree, I know that I am still making questionable decisions.

I'm not going to give a cheery goodbye to a man for walking out on his commitment to his teammates, coaches and the Husker fan base. Not saying I want him to fail or anything, but where I come from, you honor your commitments. It's the same staff that recruited him and he still had a very high chance of becoming a starter for the second half of his career. He bailed on everyone here and I for one am not going to commend the man for doing so.

• Fire 4

I'm not going to give a cheery goodbye to a man for walking out on his commitment to his teammates, coaches and the Husker fan base. Not saying I want him to fail or anything, but where I come from, you honor your commitments. It's the same staff that recruited him and he still had a very high chance of becoming a starter for the second half of his career. He bailed on everyone here and I for one am not going to commend the man for doing so.

+1 i dont think we are being selfish. you are probably thinking this is just because we are angry at a big talent like him leaving, but that's not it at all. We sat and bashed Cody Green for transferring and i think we can all agree that we are glad he left. A commitment is a big deal. Do you know how much work goes into recruiting a kid from another state to come to your school? If anyone is being selfish it's Aaron, he knew he was going to be away from his family, he knew what conference we were in, he knew what offense we ran, or planned to run, and he had his brother here. And i think we are all wishing him the best? life comes before football and why would we not want him to do well, he seems like a good kid. But it's just in different terms at least for me imo. If he rushes for 2,000 a season, good for him. If he tears his ACL and ruins his career, well i don't have any sympathy .

I'm not saying that you have to give a cheery goodbye and throw a parade for him leaving town, but don't bash a young man for making a decision for himself. I'm not saying that I like him leaving and believe me when I say that I believe in honoring your commitments too, but he made a decision for himself and he will have to live with it. Don't be petty and bad mouth a young man that made a decision that he will have to live with. Grow up and move on.

+1 i dont think we are being selfish. you are probably thinking this is just because we are angry at a big talent like him leaving, but that's not it at all. We sat and bashed Cody Green for transferring and i think we can all agree that we are glad he left. A commitment is a big deal. Do you know how much work goes into recruiting a kid from another state to come to your school? If anyone is being selfish it's Aaron, he knew he was going to be away from his family, he knew what conference we were in, he knew what offense we ran, or planned to run, and he had his brother here. And i think we are all wishing him the best? life comes before football and why would we not want him to do well, he seems like a good kid. But it's just in different terms at least for me imo. If he rushes for 2,000 a season, good for him. If he tears his ACL and ruins his career, well i don't have any sympathy .

Really……..that's pretty bad. Once again, I am not saying that he shouldn't stay and honor his agreement to be a Husker, but I'm not going to bad mouth him as he's leaving. I may not be watching TCU games next year cheering him on, but I'm also not going to bad mouth a young man for making a decision.

It's pretty clear how this was about playing time. Star struck transfer.

Here's what he had to say about it.

Aaron Green, a former five-star running back recruit, wanted to transfer from Nebraska closer to his San Antonio home. He made his choice.

"I will be finishing my football career at Texas Christian University aka TCU," Green tweeted.

Part of Green's decision to leave the Cornhuskers was based on what he felt wasn't a good system fit. TCU definitely uses its backs in a more traditional fashion compared to Nebraska's zone read scheme.

"Man, it's my style of play," Green told Blake Hurtik of the San Antonio Express-News. "Speed everywhere. It's real explosive and real exciting to watch.

"At the end of the day, I thought it would be best for me to be in a program like that.

"(The Frogs) use their running backs in different ways, like lining up in the slot. It was just everything I was looking for."

Green will be a welcome addition for the Horned Frogs in 2013 -- after he sits out a season due to NCAA transfer rules -- because TCU will lose its top two running backs to graduation. With Ed Wesley and Matthew Tucker out of the equation, Green will compete with Waymon James and B.J. Catalon to start at tailback the following season.

Green will have three years of eligibility remaining once he is able to play for the Horned Frogs. His addition should also change the way TCU's coaching staff approaches recruiting. The Horned Frogs also added Ladarius Anthony among its 2012 class (along with Catalon), but now the team won't have to put as heavy an emphasis on the position for the 2013 class.

Courtney Osborne ( one of the best playmakers we had out there, then all of a sudden he can't beat out Austin Cassidy for a starting job? How does that work?)

f'ing magnets, how do they work?

Osbourne had an injury issue that is more than likely going to hamper him in 2012 as well.

oh yeah, but not by a HUGE margin. Aaron was due for steady playing time but he wanted to be the man and saw himself as "reggie bush" like. Also Nebraska is incorporating their Rb's in the slot much more and Aaron doesn't have the best hands and Ameer was playing really well in that position. Aaron also felt that being at Nebraska was going to hinder him in the pros because of the "logjam"

Part of Green's decision to leave the Cornhuskers was based on what he felt wasn't a good system fit. TCU definitely uses its backs in a more traditional fashion compared to Nebraska's zone read scheme.

"Man, it's my style of play," Green told Blake Hurtik of the San Antonio Express-News. "Speed everywhere. It's real explosive and real exciting to watch.

"(The Frogs) use their running backs in different ways, like lining up in the slot. It was just everything I was looking for."

These two quotes don't match up. I've heard that we were using more of our running backs in the slot as well, getting much more speed on the field. And don't we have speed everywhere too combined with balance and power? Martinez, Bell, Turner, Abdullah, Green [when he was here], Reed, combined with Heard [when he was on offense], Burkhead, Cross, and Marrow? That's a nice combination of speed and balance there.

I don't want to bash on the guy for making a decision that was best for him, but this doesn't add up if what we are doing with our running backs is true. And the fact there will probably be a senior at TCU when he comes back eligible to play doesn't match up either. It's too bad one of the three didn't take a redshirt.

My only guess is, it was either he was homesick, which is understandable, or what I lean more towards, he was growing frustrated [and impatient as stated by his dad] that he, a 5 star running back, couldn't beat out Abdullah, a three star, and wanted out.

Hopefully we are trying to get as much speed on the field as possible for our offense as opposed to a "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense that I fear we are entering in a possible "Big Back era".

Sometimes I wish the -1 was back.

• Fire 2