Aaron Green

I want to begin a discussion without having to start a new thread and I thought this may be the best place.

I get that we are trying to transition our team from speed to power. Is there a certain B1G team we are using as a mold? Wisconsin perhaps. Because I'm pretty sure the URB is gonna move tOSU to a more speed style of play(Fla) with the wing backs like Percy Harvin.

Once Meyer gets his team to look like an SEC team will we get stuck trying to reinvent ourselves again?

I don't see OSU's offensive transition impacting our offense in any way. Defensively maybe, and at least I'll feel confident that Bo's defense can stifle that SEC spread offense. I'll welcome as many Big12ish spread teams to the Big10 as the universities want to provide. As for their defense, it won't change much IMO.

No denying Urban will bring some diversity to a conference that is fairly consistent though. You've got some of the lower tier teams changing things up...but for the most part you know what to expect each week. I'm hoping Urban falls flat in his attempt. If anyone can recruit for it, he can though.

I just like to remember who we have at running back:

1. Imani Cross
  2. Mike Marrow
  3. King Frazier
  4. Ameer Abdullah
  5. Zach Taylor
  6. Graham Nabity
  7. Jordan Nelson
  8. Murat Kuzu

We're going to be fine :)

1. Imani Cross - Hasn't set foot on campus yet, but I expect him to be a bulldozer
  2. Mike Marrow - I'm super stoked for him, but still hasn't played a snap for us yet.
  3. King Frazier - Who knows if he ever sees the field.
  4. Ameer Abdullah - We know what we have with this guy. I like him a lot.
  5. Zach Taylor - :dunno
  6. Graham Nabity - :dunno
  7. Jordan Nelson - :dunno
  8. Murat Kuzu - :dunno

+1

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

I honestly didn't think he was any more talented than Heard or Abdullah. Not worth the 5 star rating, that's for sure.

Agreed ^

What did he do last year to separate himself from Abdullah or even Heard for that matter? Nothing. The coaches obviously saw something in Ameer that they didn't see in Aaron. My guess is it was either work ethic, vision, or a combination of the two.

Agreed ^

What did he do last year to separate himself from Abdullah or even Heard for that matter? Nothing. The coaches obviously saw something in Ameer that they didn't see in Aaron. My guess is it was either work ethic, vision, or a combination of the two.

although Aron must have been better than Heard, as he was moved to the other side of the ball.........

Agreed ^

although Aron must have been better than Heard, as he was moved to the other side of the ball.........

Or they gave both the option to switch to a different position and Heard was the only one willing.

Agreed ^

Or they gave both the option to switch to a different position and Heard was the only one willing.

Or Heard was the only one who had the talent for it to be feasible.

• Fire 4

Agreed ^

Or "Aron" was better than Heard

The list of players not utilized is quite a bit longer than the list of those who have transferred obviously. But yeah, Aaron Green, Cody Green, Khiry Cooper, and Josh Williams are very recent examples of players I thought were talented individuals that were not utilized.

The list of players who have not been utilized is clearly based on opinion, since there is really no way of knowing why they were not allowed to play. There could be many various reasons why some guys were not given opportunities. When you look at the talent on the field though, it's hard to overlook the fact that there seems to be a lot of pure athleticism that has either not been developed, or just not been on the field.

Stanley Jean Baptiste, Courtney Osborne ( one of the best playmakers we had out there, then all of a sudden he can't beat out Austin Cassidy for a starting job? How does that work?), Braylon Heard (will probably disappear), Jay Guy, Eric Martin (face it people, a guy like that should have been getting on the field more than just special teams the last few years, he would be a standout at a place like Alabama.) Jason Ankrah (talk about the physical tools to play ball, yet he's been here since 2009 and how much have we heard of him?) Harvey Jackson ? (didn't he force a fumble, have one interception and almost a second...if it wasn't for the broken hand he had during that spring game! LOL) I guess he's not good enough. Brion Carnes (not even developed enough to take some mop up duty snaps last season? Very poor utilization.) P.J. Smith, Corey Cooper, Lester Ward, Currenski Gilleylan, Marcus Mendoza, all great athletes. Antonio Bell (moved to corner, never heard from again) Kyler Reed ( this guy would be a top 3 TE in the country if he played anywhere else) Quinton Taiola? What ever happened to him? (I seriously don't know what happened to him? )

Agreed ^

Or "Aron" was better than Heard

Or Heard switched because Bo and Co. said they would have recruited him as a CB out of HS also...