Aaron Green

well not gonna say and it doenst hurt or sting... i am sure we will be alright but ya know what it still really sucks... its not there isnt gonna be ripples by him leaving... it is gonna put a lot of pressure on other people.... im sad to see him go

i remember the recruiting battle for him and how stoked we were when we got him... seems like he was the last big name battle we were in that we won for a while

Losing Aaron really doesn't put pressure on anyone. We had a logjam at RB and we still have a workhorse by the name of Rex Burkhead.

umm rex really aint superman... sh#t happens you never know.....

Blasphemy

I hate to draw conclusions about someone I don't know, but if what people are saying is true, and this has something to do with Aaron 'thinking he's a Reggie Bush type' or 'wanting his name out there nationally', I think a huge deep whiff of reality might do him more good than transferring. The difference between Aaron Green and Reggie Bush is that Reggie Bush proved himself six thousand times over on the field. That's what we usually call earning the limelight.

Delusions of grandeur aren't a substitute for stats. Aaron did okay for the time he was given as a freshman. Average. Unremarkable. Forgettable. You want more time, you do better, and this season with the commitment to keeping Rex alive, you were going to get more chances to prove you belong out there. How a sophomore running back could find himself shafted in this offense is a little bizarre. His prospects for PT and national exposure were only going to rise as we transition into a softer schedule in the coming years and he continues to develop new skill sets.

• Fire 3

Maybe I am saying the same thing as others.... I read page 1, and skipped 2, and quickly read 3.....

We ALL should have seen this coming. I am not shocked what so-ever. Anyone on the board last fall had to continually read Green's negative, immature tweets after games. I bashed him all season for being immature, and airing his problems in the social media. His dad just confirmed everything that I have thought all along.... "he isn't a very patient person"... (via..his dad)

He is a kid that was an all-star in HS, getting all the attention, and then didn't want to redshirt (lack of patience), and didn't like only getting a handful of carriers. Typical kid who wants to play right now, and was expecting to see the field. (nothing wrong with that...not being critical, just stating)

I am sure he his a GREAT kid.... it sounds if the Green family is well-grounded.... He would have been nice to keep around and watch bloom....but, if he isn't happy, and by last year's reactions, he easily could've have been a "sports cancer"..... At least we don't have to read all of his whining about his lack of playing time when he tweets.

I wish him luck....... but, how many "high profile transfers" have actually gone on to be BIG TIME ? Bet you can count them on 1 hand.

I just like to remember who we have at running back:

1. Imani Cross
  2. Mike Marrow
  3. King Frazier
  4. Ameer Abdullah
  5. Zach Taylor
  6. Graham Nabity
  7. Jordan Nelson
  8. Murat Kuzu

We're going to be fine :)

I hope your not comparing AG and players like King Frazier and Zach Taylor? Those two are good football players, but AG was on a completely different level.

I dont know, I dont really see how he could be unhappy with being the number 2 guy with a chance to carry the load the next year. That makes me feel like he might have really just not liked it.

Maybe he was the #3 guy...that's might be why he wasn't happy? Having a 3star person beat you out in the starting order makes you feel bad? I'm just tossing ideas out there.

I'm pretty confident he was the #3 guy. Look at the spring game roster. TMart/Abdulla versus Rex/Green. Not that Rex was going to carry the ball much - but Abdulla was clearly the #2 guy

1st off I wish him the best of luck.

2nd, I'll just say what I say about any transfer-"If they're having any doubts about being here whatsoever, for whatever reason, we dont want'em". DUN.

3rd-So much talk about offesnive balance and this and that. I dont think the number of running plays was the reason, but rather the way we were going to run the ball.

4th-The guys's obviously had some 2nd-guessing issues since he got here. His series of tweets throughout last season probably spelled the near end of his career here.

5th-this will not affect RB performance in my opinion. As said before, if a guy was questioning his attendence here, he probably wasnt going to make much difference anyway.

Lastly-this has most concerned about Aaron Green. Soundslike the 2 were very close and happy to be here together. I'm in prayer that this doesnt overly affect Andrew psychologically to the point that he may play poorly. He has a lot of upside and showed so much potential a year ago, esp. in his ability to improve week to week.

I'm just disappointed because Green was the most highly touted running back we've had since Lucky, and I was really hoping we'd get the chance to see a very physically talented guy progress and take his game to new levels. As much as I love Burkhead, he isn't the most physically gifted running back in the world. Abdullah is skilled but how much pounding can his relatively small body take? I think it's going to be pretty crucial for him that he had some healthy weight this summer.

I'm just disappointed because Green was the most highly touted running back we've had since Lucky, and I was really hoping we'd get the chance to see a very physically talented guy progress and take his game to new levels. As much as I love Burkhead, he isn't the most physically gifted running back in the world. Abdullah is skilled but how much pounding can his relatively small body take? I think it's going to be pretty crucial for him that he had some healthy weight this summer.

Hopefully Ameer can take a negative situation and find the silver lining. Use it as motivation and realize that his workload just increased this season. It sucks that we lost a highly touted RB, but we can only hope that our players take a lesson from AG and realize that you get what you earn at this level.

Hopefully Ameer can take a negative situation and find the silver lining. Use it as motivation and realize that his workload just increased this season. It sucks that we lost a highly touted RB, but we can only hope that our players take a lesson from AG and realize that you get what you earn at this level.

Im sure Ameer looks at this as a positive. Maybe im selfish.

Im sure Ameer looks at this as a positive. Maybe im selfish.

I'm sure he will too. I'm just concerned because they were very close. Roommates at the same position, same year, same distance away from home, etc. They had a lot in common. I'm sure Ameer will miss him.