Aaron Green

well not gonna say and it doenst hurt or sting... i am sure we will be alright but ya know what it still really sucks... its not there isnt gonna be ripples by him leaving... it is gonna put a lot of pressure on other people.... im sad to see him go

i remember the recruiting battle for him and how stoked we were when we got him... seems like he was the last big name battle we were in that we won for a while

Losing Aaron really doesn't put pressure on anyone. We had a logjam at RB and we still have a workhorse by the name of Rex Burkhead.

umm rex really aint superman... sh#t happens you never know.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wish we would have more options to pick up the slack...... instead of putting it all on a sophomore..

Isn't his nickname superman? :lol: We have a few options to pick up Rex's slack next season too. It's not just AA. We've got Heard and Cross too.

I'm very disappointed by this. It doesn't make any sense. He could have gotten a lot of carries this year, leading into a dominant role for the next two years. He has a Christian position coach, and his brother is on the team.

I disagree with the poster who wrote that we have a logjam at RB. Ameer is too tiny; his fumble cost us the bowl game, and Rex only has one year left. Aaron could have been a factor this year and the man for two years.

I'm thinking he saw first hand what kind of an impact Marrow will be adding and that exacerbated the situation.......

I completely agree. Calling Marrow a FB might have been to protect Greens feelings. I think he will end up splitting carries with Rex especially on 3rd down. Marrow will be getting alot of touches this year, especailly now, and will have us saying Aaron who?

I might be in the minority here but if you are not happy, find another place. Life it to short, college is to short, to be unhappy. I have no problem with this at all.

Usually this happens with guys that are not going to play that much but in this case it seems like he would have played a ton this year, so that part sucks but again, if you are not happy you need to make a change.

To, Two, and Too. My eight year old son already has these down. What is it again that you teach? :)

• Fire 1

Like I said above, the change in style of offense can be contributed to the conference switch. It would be very difficult in the B1G to have anything other than a pro-style/power running offense and be super successful IMO.

In the Big 12, we would have continued to recruit small, speedy players and had an increasingly versatile offense.

If we were currently recruiting 6'1 220 RBs I'd agree. We currently have offers out to 9 RBs according to rivals. None are over 200. AG came in at 191. Cross came in at 220. We are recruiting much closer to AG than to Cross. Not that much of what Bo does from a recruiting standpoint makes sense to us, but this is one of the more mysterious things with his recruiting. I thought Cross/Marrow signaled a switch to more traditional power football. The we started recruiting 2013. (maybe there just aren't any quality big backs out there this year?)

Ive been saying this for the last year and the coaches have hinted at it as well. They saw the need for a big back in the Big 10 last year and went out and got one (Cross). I think they would like a change of pace back like Ameer and Green to hit em with speed after we have pounded the rock at them for half the game and wore them down. Im thinking they want both.

I might be in the minority here but if you are not happy, find another place. Life it to short, college is to short, to be unhappy. I have no problem with this at all.

Usually this happens with guys that are not going to play that much but in this case it seems like he would have played a ton this year, so that part sucks but again, if you are not happy you need to make a change.

To, Two, and Too. My eight year old son already has these down. What is it again that you teach? :)

Your son sounds smart!

I teach a class on how to correctly use To, Two and Too.

• Fire 1

Nebraska is headed towards an offense where they pound the ball down the middle through power I, zone read, etc. They will have some play action passing to RB's and stuff like that

You don't really pound the ball down the middle with the zone read and I'm not so sure that we're going back to the power I. Hasn't Tim Beck publicly stated that he would like to get the offense more balanced? We're about as run heavy and predictable as it gets right now. I'm sure that we'll stay the "mutt spread", but we'll incorporate more passing in the future.

Now with Aaron Green's transfer and his possible search for more playing time and being utilized more in space, it really does bring into question as to what Nebraska's offensive scheme and philosophy is going to be heading into this season?

We already know that Bo Pelini and Tim Beck want to be more balanced than we were last season. We know that they want to pull back a little on the number of total carries Burkhead receives during a game, which means more touches for either another I-Back or some other position. We also know that after playing one season in the Big 10 last year that the coaches have said that Nebraska must get more physical at running the football.

Our base formations last year were mainly out of the Pistol and the I-formation. Both formations can be used to have a power running game. The Pistol formation can be a little more versatile and it lends itself to really being able to have either a "power back" or "change of pace-speed back" depending on the situation.

So Aaron Green's transfer tells me at least one of two possibilities:

1) Our offensive system/philosophy has changed since last season to where Aaron Green didn't think his playing style would fit the scheme.

OR

2) He simply was just the 3rd I-Back on the depth chart behind Burkhead and Abdullah and he didn't want to wait for playing time so he chose to transfer to a school where his playing time would be more immediate and substantial.

Whatever the reasoning was for the young man's transfer, I wish him the best of luck in his future, and Nebraska football will be just fine.

So Aaron Green's transfer tells me at least one of two possibilities:

1) Our offensive system/philosophy has changed since last season to where Aaron Green didn't think his playing style would fit the scheme.

I'm going with this. Having the same offense 2 years in a row sounds entirely too logical and would just make it too easy on everyone...

NUance, it cuts both ways with the transfers. We of all fanbases should know that, having had our most recent championship led by a Stanford transfer. And also having been demolished by a NC state transfer last year.

I think you are missing my point. Sure it can cut both ways. But it seems like guys who transfer don't often end up in the hugely successful situation they think it will be. The the two examples you give are fairly unusual situations, much more successful than most transfers. The Stanford transfer--Scott Frost--was a Nebraska guy to begin with. He left Stanford largely because the coach who recruited him, Bill Walsh, left for the NFL. As for Russell Wilson, he was perhaps one of the most successful transfers in ncaa football history. It seems like the Wolfpack underappreciated him. But at least he stuck it out at NC State long enough to get his degree.

The point I was trying to make in my post above is that most transfers end up being like Leon Jackson--not exactly a huge success after his transfer to Hawaii (I mistakenly said Bobby Newcombe, until I fixed it). Maybe this move will work out well for Green. I hope it does. But it wouldn't surprise me if we don't hear much about him after he leaves. That's all I'm meant to say.

I can kind of believe Green not feeling comfortable with our system when it comes to offense. Let's face it, Tim Beck is going into his second season of being OC, and we heard it many times that we had a very multiple offense, Tim has mentioned and i felt a vibe that our offense is being tempered into a more solid form. It won't be the same offense that AG came into.

Location can always play a factor, maybe he just feels more comfortable down south playing. Its a tough loss, but we all gotta move on and wish AG the best.

I know it has been brought up and nothing will likely be said about it, but i cant help but shake the feeling that Ron Brown's comments may have played a small role in this choice. I hope i am very wrong.