Aaron Green

Well this kind of stinks. I was very excited for Green. I thought he would do big things here.

I know a lot of people are saying Marrow could step up but do any of us actually know if he is any good? We haven't really gotten to see him and only know what the coaches say about him (and I don't put much stock into coach-speak). I know it's been said that he backed up Richardson at Alabama but I'm highly skeptical of what that actually means.

Part of me would love to see Heard back at running back (I love his HS film) but I don't see that happening. Either way I just hope Heard gets on the field.

He was in high school. Who's to say these players weren't at a smaller school or one that had less of a weight training program and that they're not diamonds in the rough? Obviously Ameer Abdullah is since he was a 3 star and was solidly in the #2 spot behind Rex last year and probably this year as well. Evidently, Abdullah was showing coaches he was/is a diamond in the rough eh? King Frazier springs to mind up there...he's a 3 star that is WALKING on here. He obviously declined other scholarships he had offered because he wants to be here and wants to work to get there.

I don't know anything about the other guys on the list, but Abdullah's ranking had nothing to do with the school he went to. His high school, Homewood HS in Homewood, AL (a wealthy suburb of Birmingham) is a big, quality school with great coaches, facilities and quality football. They match up pretty well to neighboring Hoover High School, which you might know from MTV's Two-A-Days.

He was in high school. Who's to say these players weren't at a smaller school or one that had less of a weight training program and that they're not diamonds in the rough? Obviously Ameer Abdullah is since he was a 3 star and was solidly in the #2 spot behind Rex last year and probably this year as well. Evidently, Abdullah was showing coaches he was/is a diamond in the rough eh? King Frazier springs to mind up there...he's a 3 star that is WALKING on here. He obviously declined other scholarships he had offered because he wants to be here and wants to work to get there.

I don't know anything about the other guys on the list, but Abdullah's ranking had nothing to do with the school he went to. His high school, Homewood HS in Homewood, AL (a wealthy suburb of Birmingham) is a big, quality school with great coaches, facilities and quality football. They match up pretty well to neighboring Hoover High School, which you might know from MTV's Two-A-Days.

Well my point was to draw a conclusion that a 3 star back can be quite amazing once in college.

Remember, Roy Helu was a 3 star. The difference between 3 star and 5 star is sometimes a major lack of humility.

True..........but also true that the difference could be lack of discernment by the scout, type of offense, inability to measure intangibles (heart etc.), quality of competition, physical and/or emotional maturity, or a host of other criteria.

I think, as fans, we put way too much credence in what the "services" rank and not as much in the "fit" for a particular program.

well not gonna say and it doenst hurt or sting... i am sure we will be alright but ya know what it still really sucks... its not there isnt gonna be ripples by him leaving... it is gonna put a lot of pressure on other people.... im sad to see him go

i remember the recruiting battle for him and how stoked we were when we got him... seems like he was the last big name battle we were in that we won for a while

Losing Aaron really doesn't put pressure on anyone. We had a logjam at RB and we still have a workhorse by the name of Rex Burkhead.

umm rex really aint superman... sh#t happens you never know.....

I doubt you'll see too many 30+ carry games...

You will if his backups keep fumbling like they did last season.

Well my point was to draw a conclusion that a 3 star back can be quite amazing once in college.

Remember, Roy Helu was a 3 star. The difference between 3 star and 5 star is sometimes a major lack of humility.

I always thought Helu was a much better back than Lucky, and IIRC, Lucky was a 5-star.

• Fire 2

***Rumor Alert****

Aaron is 99% likely that he's going to TCU. He apparently never wanted to come here in the first place and hated his time here.Talked to UT too, but that didn't pan out.

Heard is apparently going back to RB, with Marrow being the goal line RB.

Also there is a rumbling that Ron Brown is about to get canned too, which didn't help.

Obviously Ameer Abdullah is since he was a 3 star and was solidly in the #2 spot behind Rex last year and probably this year as well.

How do you figure this, given the three Freshman backs split roughly the same amount of carries last year?

Everything that I heard is that Green beat out Abdoullah and that he was set to be a solid #2 that would allow Rex to carry less of the load at the position. Abdoullah was mainly just going to be a return guy. Which makes the news of Aaron's transfer that more disappointing.

***Rumor Alert****

Aaron is 99% likely that he's going to TCU. He apparently never wanted to come here in the first place and hated his time here.Talked to UT too, but that didn't pan out.

Heard is apparently going back to RB, with Marrow being the goal line RB.

Also there is a rumbling that Ron Brown is about to get canned too, which didn't help.

never a dull moment, even during the off season..........wonderful. continuity seems hard to find, musical players and coaches continues.....

Obviously Ameer Abdullah is since he was a 3 star and was solidly in the #2 spot behind Rex last year and probably this year as well.

How do you figure this, given the three Freshman backs split roughly the same amount of carries last year?

I think abdullah got less than he normally would because he was on the field returning kicks/punts. to me, last year's reps to the backups looked like a carefully crafted plan hoping to keep 2 out of the 3 from transferring, and since abdullah got reps returning, he got less in the backfield. it's also highly likely some of the motivation for moving Heard to defense was to increase the odds of Green staying. Now if Heard moves back...he just lost an entire spring at his position. Green might have unknowingly set Heard back a year with this move as well.