Aaron Green

If Green goes to another team and tears it up I'm going to be straight up pissed. At least Jamal Turner didn't (hasn't) decided to leave.

I wouldn't be pissed. Just because he tears it up at the next place he plays doesn't mean that he would do the same here. He just doesn't fit into our system as an every-down back like he will in other schemes that use players in space.

I wish Aaron the best, and I hope he has a great career and overall college experience, wherever he ends up.

Truth is, the truly great players never walk away from a challenge. They fight to prove they belong on the field, work so hard and perform in practice at such a level as to give the coach no choice but to play them. Aaron apparently lacks that bulldog instinct. I'm not going to lose any sleep over a kid who isn't willing to fight for his place on the roster.

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

I honestly didn't think he was any more talented than Heard or Abdullah. Not worth the 5 star rating, that's for sure.

I agree with this, I wasn't all that impressed with his carries last year. It seemed like he spent a lot of time fooling around instead of trying to get the ball up the field, and he seemed amazingly small for a college player. It might have just been me, but I would have liked to see him take a redshirt, although if what's been said about his impatience is true there was no chance of that.

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

I honestly didn't think he was any more talented than Heard or Abdullah. Not worth the 5 star rating, that's for sure.

I agree with this, I wasn't all that impressed with his carries last year. It seemed like he spent a lot of time fooling around instead of trying to get the ball up the field, and he seemed amazingly small for a college player. It might have just been me, but I would have liked to see him take a redshirt, although if what's been said about his impatience is true there was no chance of that.

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog! That holds true for running backs also. If Green did not have the fight in himself to meet the competition, then he is better off somewhere else.

Who were they? I agree with not given the opportunity to play but who were the 'extremely talented Huskers that transferred'?

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. "The list of extremely talented Huskers that transfered or wasn't given the opportunity".

J. Dailey? C. Dukes? C. Green? Haha.....I can't even think of one guy who hacks the "list". However, for those that have left just MAYBE they "weren't given the opportunity" because we had other players at their position that were better. Duh.

Negative Nancys doing thier thing.

We have a lot of these on the boards, we should be buying them shirts whenever they get going...http://www.cafepress.com/befud.627904498

He did too me too. Oh boy, he got destroyed so badly a couple of times running between the tackles I was damn glad to see him get back up (barely). Whew! The best of luck to him but I honestly didn't see anything amazing about him at all. Heard and JT looked wayyyyyyy more talented imo. But, as a freshman....... who knows?

• 2 weeks later...