Aaron Green

I love coming to this board to get some Husker news, but I hate to read some posts from negative people that have nothing better to do than sit there and bash these young men for making some of the decisions they make. I know that I made some questionable decisions when I was in my early 20's. Aaron is an exceptional athlete and I wish him all the best. I think we will be just fine at the running back position, but I do know that I hate to see him go. A lot of us think that he is making a poor choice in transferring, but I think it's for selfish reasons. I love the Huskers and I want to see quality boys like Aaron playing for my beloved Huskers. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

I'm not going to give a cheery goodbye to a man for walking out on his commitment to his teammates, coaches and the Husker fan base. Not saying I want him to fail or anything, but where I come from, you honor your commitments. It's the same staff that recruited him and he still had a very high chance of becoming a starter for the second half of his career. He bailed on everyone here and I for one am not going to commend the man for doing so.

+1 i dont think we are being selfish. you are probably thinking this is just because we are angry at a big talent like him leaving, but that's not it at all. We sat and bashed Cody Green for transferring and i think we can all agree that we are glad he left. A commitment is a big deal. Do you know how much work goes into recruiting a kid from another state to come to your school? If anyone is being selfish it's Aaron, he knew he was going to be away from his family, he knew what conference we were in, he knew what offense we ran, or planned to run, and he had his brother here. And i think we are all wishing him the best? life comes before football and why would we not want him to do well, he seems like a good kid. But it's just in different terms at least for me imo. If he rushes for 2,000 a season, good for him. If he tears his ACL and ruins his career, well i don't have any sympathy .

Sometimes I wish the -1 was back.

I would totally agree. It's pretty bad when someone wishes something this bad on a college athlete.

I think TCU will be a good fit for him. There are fewer linebackers in the Big XII for the most part, with many teams adapting to more nickel and dime sets because of the pass-happy offenses he'll have more open space to work with, which should suit his speed quite well.

What bugs me is, if he's leaving because we're modifying our playing style to fit the Big Ten mold, I think that's a mistake. The better SEC teams beat the better Big Ten teams not by mimicking their style but by overwhelming them with speed. Ohio State is a good blend of speed and strength, as is Michigan, but even they are more weighted toward strength than speed. It's a mistake to play that game - they've been doing it longer and they're better at it than we are, or will be for some time.

What bugs me is, if he's leaving because we're modifying our playing style to fit the Big Ten mold, I think that's a mistake. The better SEC teams beat the better Big Ten teams not by mimicking their style but by overwhelming them with speed. Ohio State is a good blend of speed and strength, as is Michigan, but even they are more weighted toward strength than speed. It's a mistake to play that game - they've been doing it longer and they're better at it than we are, or will be for some time.

If we are I think we may just be fulfilling the prophecy of that old saying: those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. TO learned that you can have strength and be successful but if you want to win the big games you gotta have speed.

I love coming to this board to get some Husker news, but I hate to read some posts from negative people that have nothing better to do than sit there and bash these young men for making some of the decisions they make. I know that I made some questionable decisions when I was in my early 20's. Aaron is an exceptional athlete and I wish him all the best. I think we will be just fine at the running back position, but I do know that I hate to see him go. A lot of us think that he is making a poor choice in transferring, but I think it's for selfish reasons. I love the Huskers and I want to see quality boys like Aaron playing for my beloved Huskers. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

I'm not going to give a cheery goodbye to a man for walking out on his commitment to his teammates, coaches and the Husker fan base. Not saying I want him to fail or anything, but where I come from, you honor your commitments. It's the same staff that recruited him and he still had a very high chance of becoming a starter for the second half of his career. He bailed on everyone here and I for one am not going to commend the man for doing so.

+1 i dont think we are being selfish. you are probably thinking this is just because we are angry at a big talent like him leaving, but that's not it at all. We sat and bashed Cody Green for transferring and i think we can all agree that we are glad he left. A commitment is a big deal. Do you know how much work goes into recruiting a kid from another state to come to your school? If anyone is being selfish it's Aaron, he knew he was going to be away from his family, he knew what conference we were in, he knew what offense we ran, or planned to run, and he had his brother here. And i think we are all wishing him the best? life comes before football and why would we not want him to do well, he seems like a good kid. But it's just in different terms at least for me imo. If he rushes for 2,000 a season, good for him. If he tears his ACL and ruins his career, well i don't have any sympathy .

Sometimes I wish the -1 was back.

I would totally agree. It's pretty bad when someone wishes something this bad on a college athlete.

Wishes? please point out to me where i said, "I wish aaron green would tear his ACL and ruin his career?" i believe said we are all going to be wishing him the best, but if something bad happens, i don't care. That is not wishing something bad. Read the posts before you get keyboard happy.

I know it's May, but if nothing about last season gave you that impression, then you probably shouldn't get that impression from what Green said either.

Wishes? please point out to me where i said, "I wish aaron green would tear his ACL and ruin his career?" i believe said we are all going to be wishing him the best, but if something bad happens, i don't care. That is not wishing something bad. Read the posts before you get keyboard happy. Blackshirts007

First of all, I'm not keyboard happy. You aren't going to get off by a technicality here. I'm sorry, you never said WISH. You did say that you wouldn't have any sympathy for a young man that tears his ACL and ruins his career. I guess that's my bad, because what you said is not vindictive at all, right?…..and that's not me being KEYBOARD HAPPY.

• Fire 1

TCU is a terrific division 2 school, congrats Aaron!

Hate to say it, but TCU's been a lot better than us lately. Just reality.

based on what? winning games in the MWC? they had a good year in 2010 when they beat Wisconsin, besides that they wern't doing anything we couldn't do in the MWC. I'm not arguing that they arn't better at the moment, but they arn't a lot better and it would be a close game if we played them. We will get a better feel for how good they are after this year in the little 12.

based on what? winning games in the MWC? they had a good year in 2010 when they beat Wisconsin, besides that they wern't doing anything we couldn't do in the MWC. I'm not arguing that they arn't better at the moment, but they arn't a lot better and it would be a close game if we played them. We will get a better feel for how good they are after this year in the little 12.

Based on their last four seasons being 11-2, 12-1, 13-0, and 11-2, finishing in the top 15 of both the AP and coaches polls each time,with three top 10 finishes, one undefeated season, and one top two finish.

During which interval we have finished 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, and 9-4, with one top 15 finish, one unranked finish, three top 25 finishes.

The conference argument can only take you so far. They have been pretty much on top of the world lately, and we have been pretty ordinary for the most part. Arguing otherwise would just be our fan pride speaking.

TCU's Strength of Schedule in that four years:

2008 - 69th

2009 - 60th

2010 - 76th

2011 - 86th

Nebraska's SOS, same years:

2008 - 38th

2009 - 52nd

2010 - 39th

2011 - 26th

Just a bit of a disparity there. I daresay given their schedule, Nebraska could have eked out a win or two more per year.

Based on their last four seasons being 11-2, 12-1, 13-0, and 11-2, finishing in the top 15 of both the AP and coaches polls each time,with three top 10 finishes, one undefeated season, and one top two finish.

During which interval we have finished 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, and 9-4, with one top 15 finish, one unranked finish, three top 25 finishes.

The conference argument can only take you so far. They have been pretty much on top of the world lately, and we have been pretty ordinary for the most part. Arguing otherwise would just be our fan pride speaking.

New Mexico-W

Stephen Austin-W

Stanford-W, they were not good at the time

SMU-W

Oklahoma-L

San Diego State-W

Colorado State-W

BYU-W

Wyoming-W

Unlv-W

Utah-W

Air Force-W

Boise-Toss up

11-2 or 12-1

Virginia-W

Texas State-W

Clemson-W beat them in the gator bowl anyways

SMU-W

Air Force-W

Colorado State-W

BYU-W

Unlv-W

San Diego State-W

Utah-W

Wyoming-W

New Mexico-W

Boise State-Toss up

13-0 or 12-1

Oregon State-W

Tennessee tech-W

Baylor-W

SMU-W

Colorado State-W

Wyoming-W

BYU-W

Air Force-W

Unlv-W

Utah-W

San Diego State-W

New Mexcio-W

Wisconsin-L

12-1

Baylor-Toss up

Air force-W

Lousiana Monroe-W

Portland State-W

SMU-W

San Diego State-W

New Mexico-W

BYU-W

Wyoming-W

Boise State-L

Colorado State-W

Unlv-W

Louisana Tech-W

12-1 or 11-2

Ya im not really sure how you can say a schedule can only take you so far, i really don't think we would have finished any better or worse than they did

I have a couple buddies that go to TCU and they are all amped up about Green's transfer. I actually think they have good reason to be excited. As previously stated in this thread, the Big 12 is one of the more favorable conferences for a RB like Aaron Green. Best of luck to the kid. He just wasn't able to make an early impact here.