You failed to prove anything with that post btw.

Like I said, I agree that the calls have 100% gone the Heat's way. Just don't make yourself look foolish by trying to use statistical analyses to prove so.

I would, if cared that much to do so, use statistical analyses to prove so. Could probably run a correlation of some sorts, relating the number of times a player drives to the basket versus foul shots per game, but that would take an amount of work that I'm not motivated to do.

Besides, some of James's and Wade's and Westbrook's and Durant's free throw attempts come as a result of being in the bonus and there being a foul away from the ball. If you wanted true stats, you would have to watch every game, tally how many times LeBron, Dwayne, Kevin, and Russell drive to the hoop, while also tallying how many times they are fouled while driving to the basket.

Like I said, a lot of work.

I think the only test you could run would be a correlation. However, maybe it would be possible to run an ANOVA of some sorts, comparing mean differences between all 4 players, and even between the two teams.

Yeah, this would be the kind of thing that needs to be done. huskerjock is basing his entire argument off of his own personal eye tests which are undoubtedly skewed by his hate of LeBron. I wish I had more experiences with stats other than your basic correlation / t-test type stuff (and a source of the types of information needed for such an analysis) and I'd probably do it. Then again, I'm not sure I care that much. **NBA officiating is biased - NO WAI!**

Again (for the 3rd time) I'd just like to point out that I do agree that the Heat are getting more calls - just stop pointing to dumb oversimplified out-of-context stats to prove so!

I do have experience with more than just your basic correlations. I could do BG and WG ANOVAS, a set of correlations, BG and MG Factorials, Chi-Squares, Multiple Regressions, and Path Analyses, and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. But the only tests you could run to test this (after also collecting factual and accurate data of a decent sample size) are a BG F-Test and a correlation or a set of correlations.

Edit: Also have experience with kgroup Chi-Squares, kBG ANOVAs and kWG ANOVAs. Thanks PSYC 350!

Dwayne Wade has so many free throw attempts because he is one of the best in the NBA at drawing fouls. Just watch him shoot field goals in 1-on-1 coverage - he'll fake the shot, get the defender to jump, jump in the air and draw contact from the defender while shooting the ball. He does this all the time and is a master at it. There's nothing that says he can't do that, so he does it. That's smart play on his behalf.

The Thunder are getting completed shafted in calls, though. One of the worst officiated playoff series I think I've ever watched.

Dwayne Wade has so many free throw attempts because he is one of the best in the NBA at drawing fouls. Just watch him shoot field goals in 1-on-1 coverage - he'll fake the shot, get the defender to jump, jump in the air and draw contact from the defender while shooting the ball. He does this all the time and is a master at it. There's nothing that says he can't do that, so he does it. That's smart play on his behalf.

The Thunder are getting completed shafted in calls, though. One of the worst officiated playoff series I think I've ever watched.

Actually they did change the rule, the offensive player cannot jump into the defender in order to draw contact. Wade and Kobe do this all the time and still get away with it.

Actually they did change the rule, the offensive player cannot jump into the defender in order to draw contact. Wade and Kobe do this all the time and still get away with it.

I didn't know about the rule change, but I'm glad you mentioned that they still get away with it, because it's 100% true. I was under the impression this was legal and I don't even watch the NBA that often. I believe that's pretty telling of the current situation.

If the defense creates contact while coming down or up in the air, its a foul. If the defender goes straight up and the offensive player jumps into the defender ie. Kobe and Dwayne every time they pump fake, it should not be called a foul due to a rule change before this season. Im pretty sure JVG got this rule changed due to how many times he complained over the past couple years. Pretty soon floppers will be suspended for a week if JVG get his way again... :lol:

I don't know what's worse: WWE Wrestling or the NBA?

Looks like LeBum will win his 1st championship thanks to forming his mini All-Star team and some officiating help.

Thank God Basketball is over worthless sport now let's bring on some Football!!!

I don't know what's worse: WWE Wrestling or the NBA?

Looks like LeBum will win his 1st championship thanks to forming his mini All-Star team and some officiating help.

Thank God Basketball is over worthless sport now let's bring on some Football!!!

I like basketball, but the NBA isnt what it used to be. There is no parity now, its who can get their friends together and form the best all-star team. The draft is worthless nowadays.

I should have rooted for the Spurs more. Thunder have a better team, just extremely young and inexperienced. I think the Spurs would have made this a better series. I can't believe I just said this, but my hate for the Heat outweighs my hate for my favorite teams rival.