LeBron leads in the postseason with 217 free throw attempts followed by Wade w/ 148 and then by Durant w/ 142.

Maybe because he takes the ball to the basket so much. Just about every possession tonight, he was back to the basket working his way to the hoop. It gets physical in that situation, so I can see how he has had so many FT attempts.

First off, OKC's inexperience is really showing. Looks like this is their year to make progress and "get to a finals".

Second, I have always had issues with NBA officiating. It's always just enough to tilt a game one way or the other. It's just damn annoying. I want the best team to win straight up. I remember MJ getting all the calls. I am a Lakers fan and had to endure all the ticky tack fouls on the Twin Towers, then I reaped the benefit in the Shaq and Kobe years of getting all the calls in our favor, and now this year OKC is done as it's Miami's turn to win and get the right calls at the right time.

The NBA is part sport and part entertainment/show as the officiating has sway over who the winners are and the storylines that they want to create. It doesn't always have to or need to work out the way they want, but it does for most of the time. Sure it is fun to watch at times but to me will always be a second rate sport when compared to the NFL and MLB. It just is what it is folks.

• Fire 1

Well congrats Lebron, you got your championship, but looked like a huge douche in the process. Time for these other teams to get their friends together to make super all-star teams like the Heat did...

LeBron's just being LeBron.

Seriously, though, the calls have been nothing but atrocious and obvious. Who knows, maybe David Stern will call up the officials and tell them to, "do what you can to get this series to 7 games, we need our money from the shortened season." And the Heat will win it in 7.

Westbrook shoots the ball 32 times. Probably half of them drives in the lane and gets 3 free throws the whole game....none till mid 4th quarter. Lebron shoots 20 times and gets 8 free throws. Did OKC piss away some chances....sure. Frustrate a young team with bad calls often enough and early enough and they will implode quickly.

Well congrats Lebron, you got your championship, but looked like a huge douche in the process. Time for these other teams to get their friends together to make super all-star teams like the Heat did...

Why are all of you so bitter? Good god I bet LeBron is paying the refs. He doesn't blow the whistle. He also has done nothing but let his play do the talking. He doesn't flaunt after putting in a big shot, doesnt rape girls like Kobe, but you guys are still all over his ass. Guy works his tail off, denying it is just being an idiot.

Let me guess, Chalmers was apart of this super team deal too? Seems like none of you can admit that OKC let some gritty point guard torch them. Time after Time.

It's fine to be upset with the calls, but there is no reason to trash Lebron for it. The guy is 6'8' 250 and one of the strongest and fastest players in the league. He is going to get the matter of doubt calls, because usually someone that size, moving that fast, is going to be getting fouled. Kobe gets all the calls too.

Congrats to LeBron on winning your first rigged championship. It only took you 9 seasons, creating a mini dream team, and having the officials on your nuts in order to do so. Long live the "King"

I understand your thinking of the dream team type of deal, but can you really consider it a dream team? It is Lebron and Wade. Seriously. To consider Bosh a top center is absolutely ridiculous. OKC has more talent overall than the Heat.

• Fire 1

I think a lot of people would've respected what he's done more had he stayed in Cleveland and won a championship there before moving to Miami.

Hell, even if LeBron would've have just a little blurb on ESPN about signing with the Heat, instead of some 1 hour...not 30 minutes, but 1 hour long TV show titled "The Decision"--which maybe not directly, but certainly indirectly sends off the message that "what I do is way more important than what anybody else in all of sports does", maybe people would've respected him more. He threw himself into the limelight, and has no one but himself to blame for his detractors. Just like Tiger Woods.

About the calls, ESPN had a segment with their awful commentary crew talking to the head of NBA officiating, Steve Javy. He said that when they're calling fouls they look to see if the contact disrupts 4 things (which at the moment I can't think of, nor can I find anywhere on the Internet). Because LeBron is so strong, they were saying, contact isn't going to disrupt him as much as it would disrupt, say, Russell Westbrook. Yet, when driving into the lane, who had more fouls called for them? LeBron James.

The Miami Heat (namely Wade and James) remind me of the Portugal national team in the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. They flop and make things look worse by simulating contact.

There is a reason I don't watch the NBA. Besides soccer (some times), it is probably the worst officiated sport in the world.

Complaining about the amount of foul shots LeBron gets is one of the silliest arguments ever. His style is to attack the rim, and he is an absolute physical freak. He's going to draw a ton of fouls. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Big XII is right, basketball officiating might be bad, but it doesn't even compare with soccer where rules are less defined, calls are more subjective, and there have been hundreds of instances of flat-out, caught and convicted game rigging.

Complaining about the amount of foul shots LeBron gets is one of the silliest arguments ever. His style is to attack the rim, and he is an absolute physical freak. He's going to draw a ton of fouls. I'm sick of hearing about it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how many foul shots he is getting, its the fact that in four games Durant has 15 PF and James only has 8 when they are guarding eachother and Durant drives to the basket just as much. You can't sit here and tell me there isn't something wrong with those numbers...

I agree that the officiating has been in the Heat's favor, there's absolutely no doubt about that. But pointing to LeBron's FT numbers is a terrible argument. That was my point.

Dwayne Wade hardly charges the hoop but yet he is second in free throw attempts with 148. Durant charges the hoop more than Wade does but yet he only has 142 attempts but according to you guys, those who charge the basket more should be fouled more often. Hell Westbrook has only 95 FT attempts. You add Durant and Westbrook FT attempts together they barely have more FT attempts than one player *cough LeBron cough*. Just goes to show you that LeBron gets fouled more than anybody.

Durant has only had 5 fouls in two games throughout the regular season but has had 5 fouls in GMs 2 and 3 in the Finals...hmmm weird.

Sure it gets hold complaining about the officiating but when you see call after call go the Heats way when its obvious time after time somebody has to say something and point out the facts.

You failed to prove anything with that post btw.

Like I said, I agree that the calls have 100% gone the Heat's way. Just don't make yourself look foolish by trying to use statistical analyses to prove so.

I would, if cared that much to do so, use statistical analyses to prove so. Could probably run a correlation of some sorts, relating the number of times a player drives to the basket versus foul shots per game, but that would take an amount of work that I'm not motivated to do.

Besides, some of James's and Wade's and Westbrook's and Durant's free throw attempts come as a result of being in the bonus and there being a foul away from the ball. If you wanted true stats, you would have to watch every game, tally how many times LeBron, Dwayne, Kevin, and Russell drive to the hoop, while also tallying how many times they are fouled while driving to the basket.

Like I said, a lot of work.

I think the only test you could run would be a correlation. However, maybe it would be possible to run an ANOVA of some sorts, comparing mean differences between all 4 players, and even between the two teams.

You failed to prove anything with that post btw.

Like I said, I agree that the calls have 100% gone the Heat's way. Just don't make yourself look foolish by trying to use statistical analyses to prove so.

I would, if cared that much to do so, use statistical analyses to prove so. Could probably run a correlation of some sorts, relating the number of times a player drives to the basket versus foul shots per game, but that would take an amount of work that I'm not motivated to do.

Besides, some of James's and Wade's and Westbrook's and Durant's free throw attempts come as a result of being in the bonus and there being a foul away from the ball. If you wanted true stats, you would have to watch every game, tally how many times LeBron, Dwayne, Kevin, and Russell drive to the hoop, while also tallying how many times they are fouled while driving to the basket.

Like I said, a lot of work.

I think the only test you could run would be a correlation. However, maybe it would be possible to run an ANOVA of some sorts, comparing mean differences between all 4 players, and even between the two teams.

Yeah, this would be the kind of thing that needs to be done. huskerjock is basing his entire argument off of his own personal eye tests which are undoubtedly skewed by his hate of LeBron. I wish I had more experiences with stats other than your basic correlation / t-test type stuff (and a source of the types of information needed for such an analysis) and I'd probably do it. Then again, I'm not sure I care that much. **NBA officiating is biased - NO WAI!**

Again (for the 3rd time) I'd just like to point out that I do agree that the Heat are getting more calls - just stop pointing to dumb oversimplified out-of-context stats to prove so!