Player: Jojo Kemp

Hometown: Deland, Florida

School: Deland HS

Position: RB/OLB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 189

40 time: 4.39

GPA: 3.2

Offers: Arizona State, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida(favorite of now), West Vriginia

Probably his recruitment will really blow up as his senior season goes if he hasn't committed anywhere before than

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

These are a bunch of his defensive highlights and some offensive at the end, check out the crack back block on a punt return @1:52

First viewing of the highlights in the second, longer, dumb music video and I thought of a bigger, hair slower Noel Devine.

The defensive and special teams play in the first video just made me say......WANT

Homeboy would be an outstanding pick up, though I am a little concerned about regional schools catching on and offering.

He'll get an offer from florida or fsu and end up there. Loveto see him in a husker uni, but that kind of speed and talent rarely leaves the southeast. Not gonna get my hopes up. With that kind of talent gotta wonder if there are some other issues that regional schools know about that are scaring hem off.

i was wondering why the hell his ratings are so low through all the recruiting services. 247 has him a borderline 2 star. they watching the same film we are? he can ball

Top 6:

Arizona State

Kentucky

Nebraska

Pitt

South Florida

West Virginia

Top 6:

Arizona State

Kentucky

Nebraska

Pitt

South Florida

West Virginia

I'm obviously biased, but we seem to be the best choice in his top 6. It sounds like he really likes South Florida from what I'm reading on here and it sounds like other Florida schools just haven't offered yet. He would be a good get, I like the way he doesn't stop after first contact.

Top 6:

Arizona State

Kentucky

Nebraska

Pitt

South Florida

West Virginia

I'm obviously biased, but we seem to be the best choice in his top 6. It sounds like he really likes South Florida from what I'm reading on here and it sounds like other Florida schools just haven't offered yet. He would be a good get, I like the way he doesn't stop after first contact.

Is it just me or does it seem like most of the kids we offer have West Virginia offers already?

Top 6:

Arizona State

Kentucky

Nebraska

Pitt

South Florida

West Virginia

Is it just me or does it seem like most of the kids we offer have West Virginia offers already?

It isn't just you. It does seem like West Virginia is going after a lot of the same talent we are. I think their move to the Big 12 is effecting their recruiting efforts and where they are looking.

just announced his top six in no order. Arizona St, Kentucky, Nebraska, Pitt, South Florida, West Virginia.

just announced his top six in no order. Arizona St, Kentucky, Nebraska, Pitt, South Florida, West Virginia.

See post 15. But good to see ya all over the stuff tonight man.

See post 15. But good to see ya all over the stuff tonight man.

Late to join the party, but as long as he brought beer it's all good.

will be using an official on us this weekend for the wisconsin game. highlight film is crazy. great prospect. under the radar guy

Marquion Lane jo jo kemps teammate who has florida st as his leader right now will be visiting with jojo kemp this weekend

Marquion Lane jo jo kemps teammate who has florida st as his leader right now will be visiting with jojo kemp this weekend

Does Lane have an offer from us?

Rivals is showing that he does

If you have a source, you could make my day!

most the noise is from twitter although im sure da skers has heard other things, no sources yet except twitter. Probably will be one of those "why dont you go home and think about it" moments. It was a great game to be at, the crowd was awesome, and its easy to fall in love with that. Just wonder what a commit would mean to Newby, and Clement for that matter. I have them a little higher on the board then Jojo in my uneducated opinion. I do know the coaches have always really liked jojo, and pushed him hard for a visit.

If you have a source, you could make my day!

most the noise is from twitter although im sure da skers has heard other things, no sources yet except twitter. Probably will be one of those "why dont you go home and think about it" moments. It was a great game to be at, the crowd was awesome, and its easy to fall in love with that. Just wonder what a commit would mean to Newby, and Clement for that matter. I have them a little higher on the board then Jojo in my uneducated opinion. I do know the coaches have always really liked jojo, and pushed him hard for a visit.

Just from the highlights, I'd say they should recruit this guy as an athlete. He could play Peso or be a RB. Sign him up and then play him where the need is.

That's exactly what Jojo said. He said that he wants to get back home and talk with his coach and his dad and see what they think. Gave his visit a ten. Said he considered committing last night, and that he will OV with either WVU or UK next.

That's exactly what Jojo said. He said that he wants to get back home and talk with his coach and his dad and see what they think. Gave his visit a ten. Said he considered committing last night, and that he will OV with either WVU or UK next.

bla, bla, bla ... :-)

Terrell Newby is our #1 small back on our board.

With space for 24-25 in this class we can easily take a small back and a medium/big back if we want. Jo Jo would also fit the category of small back, so i'd think the staff would take Newby over Jo Jo in the small back category. We may ask him to hold off for a while if we know Newby is ours and just taking officials to make sure he wants to be with us. We might be able to take Corey Clement in addition to Newby though because Clement would fit the category of medium back at his 5'11" 205 size. Clement will grow into a 215-220 size back in college.

Rivals says he has 4.3 speed. Scout says he has 4.5 speed. and ESPN says he has 4.67 speed.... there's a big difference between 4.3 and 4.67. haha

Don't know about his track speed... but on film in HS he looked like he was shot out of a gun. He looked amazingly fast... so much faster than his peers in HS that it was rather crazy. He looks to have astounding speed.

I saw that he was listed at 4.67, but his film shows he is faster than that. I don't know what it is but I wouldn't have said there is no way he has 4.4 speed. Couple that with a 215 pound frame and he could be a force.

“I’m not sure where I stand with USF right now,” Kemp said. “I’m going to go home and talk with my parents and figure that out this week.” Kemp described his official visit to Nebraska as “awesome” and said that he was caught up in the electricity of the Cornhuskers’ comeback victory over Wisconsin.

If I'm Nebraska and JoJo wants N, I take him. He's in the Abdullah mold with maybe more speed. You never pass up GOOD florida talent.

I wonder if the coaches don't approach a player previously committed to another school a little differently - especially with 4 months left in the recruiting process. Maybe it isn't about making him wait for another recruit to decide, but encouraging him to be absolutely certain to do their best to avoid him having second (third) thoughts. In any event, he certainly seems like a solid prospect. I think that any prospective RB who commits and is willing to come in and compete with our good stable of backs is exactly what we need.

things have moved soo fast.... i have been really impressed with the class soo far but im still waiting for that final push where we get a slew of committs.... with things moving so fast hate to see us get burned and then have to turn to some head scratcher recruits.....