RB Jojo Kemp

Spoke directly with the OL coach from South Florida regarding this kid. They are not feeling good about him coming there, they are feeling they should be able to swing a kid from IWCC that is committed to ISU. But he raved about JoJo's abilities.

Does this mean they think he's coming here?

He didn't really say either way. But you could tell that they really don't expect to keep him.

I think we could do a little better job of distributing the touches. I do believe you have to allow a running back an opportunity to get in the flow of the game. But every once in a while, you need to give the other backs a chance to play. We are fortunate that our freshmen played the little that they did last year. Ameer has been great this year, but there are times when I think he could use a blow and allow the other backs some playing time. We actually saw that yesterday to some degree.

Says he'll probably wait until signing day to make his decision.

His West Virginia visit went "wonderful."

Couldn't really say WVU was better than Nebbie or vice-versa.

Just focusing on his highschool football.

Doesn't really consider himself committed to USF, seems like a fall-back.

No top 3 because he wants to take more visits in January.

Three things about our backs and the any incoming back that seemingly everyone forgets:

1. Depth should equate to a two back starting rotation with skilled underclassmen getting limited varsity reps to develop. (ex: Rozier, Jeff Smith, Craig or Benning, Sims/Green or Green, Buchhalter/Sims)

2. The younger backs (freshmen) saw limited action but did get on the field and leave us all drooling over what was to come. (ex: IM Hipp, Clark, Buckhalter, Phillips, Green,)

3. Unity - Those waiting understood the importance of waiting for their reward and also their own identity with their own offensive line, own QB and own impressive historical records.

Yes, to some it may seem one back gets more of the load but no more so then in TO's days as head coach. This staff is developing their athletes to compete for titles and it is beginning to show. Discipline will happen as a result of maturity. Maturity will happen as success becomes the norm. Success will occur with unity both in the players and coaching staff and Unity results in longevity of the staff. The longer the staff stays together, the more routine things are and the more comfortable athletes and their parents are. All this results in on field success.

• 4 weeks later...

I say we need to take Jojo no matter what. We have the room to do it, make it happen. Take him as one of the ATH's in the class; I like the kid's potential as a slot receiver on slants/screens. Or just a straight go-burn 'em.

I agree 100% with taking him as an athlete. But I personally believe he could be the next Honey Badger minus the pot smoking.

I say we need to take Jojo no matter what. We have the room to do it, make it happen. Take him as one of the ATH's in the class; I like the kid's potential as a slot receiver on slants/screens. Or just a straight go-burn 'em.

I agree 100% with taking him as an athlete. But I personally believe he could be the next Honey Badger minus the pot smoking.

Haven't watched much of his highlights... Does he have the skill to play CB? Isn't he a bit on the short side?

Haven't watched much of his highlights... Does he have the skill to play CB? Isn't he a bit on the short side?

Dennard was as well. If Dennard was Prince's size he would have been drafted in the top five. When I watch him, to me I feel it screams cb/safety. Love the kids game and wish we'd take him.