OT Dan Samuelson [Michigan Commit]

"It came down mostly to distance," he explained. "I shouldn't say mostly, it was completely distance. It is only about a three hour drive, Nebraska being an 11 1/2 hour drive."

@BigTenSports: #BigTen Monday Recruitin' Mounts Up http://t.co/h98E2PGx #Wolverines

nailed it

Its rumored if Michigan wants him hes theirs to lose. 3 hours from home, we are 10.

Well, if I could cook worth a sh#t, I would make you a cookie...Good call though

Good article about why he chose MI

http://www.mlive.com...son_michig.html

As everyone suspected, he was good as gone after the conference championship game. He thinks Michigan will be Alabama....in your dreams! He should have just decommited the second he got the Michigan offer and been done with it. Someone should remind him again who won the division in the 2012 season. If we win the division again in 2013 I will laugh at him.

10 top tier offensive linemen in 2 years is a great way to start if you're trying to be Alabama. I think we'd all take the same route if we could.

He'll be better just because those around him are better. Don't blame him. Our OL classes have turned out to be a real disappointment the last few years. 2010 is proving to be a bust. Who knows what will come of A-Rod, but when you only take 2 HS OL (plus cotton) the odds are pretty good you'll be staring at depth issues in the future. Moudy hasn't had any impact. OL was the core of the "stellar" 2011 class, and at this point we have a real chance of going 0-5 with that bunch. 2012 we only grabbed 2.

At this point A-Rod is the best out of our last 3 classes. That's tough to swallow. 3 classes, and we have 1 part-time starter. 9 guys over the last 3 classes and only 1 has really contributed. So we end up with DL converting, and all of a sudden we have depth issues there too. I bitch about Barney a lot - but the core of our OL issues is right here in recruiting. We need numbers. Then we need development. We have neither. And it's not looking to get any better based on recent recruiting.

• Fire 1

10 top tier offensive linemen in 2 years is a great way to start if you're trying to be Alabama. I think we'd all take the same route if we could.

He'll be better just because those around him are better. Don't blame him. Our OL classes have turned out to be a real disappointment the last few years. 2010 is proving to be a bust. Who knows what will come of A-Rod, but when you only take 2 HS OL (plus cotton) the odds are pretty good you'll be staring at depth issues in the future. Moudy hasn't had any impact. OL was the core of the "stellar" 2011 class, and at this point we have a real chance of going 0-5 with that bunch. 2012 we only grabbed 2.

At this point A-Rod is the best out of our last 3 classes. That's tough to swallow. 3 classes, and we have 1 part-time starter. 9 guys over the last 3 classes and only 1 has really contributed. So we end up with DL converting, and all of a sudden we have depth issues there too. I bitch about Barney a lot - but the core of our OL issues is right here in recruiting. We need numbers. Then we need development. We have neither. And it's not looking to get any better based on recent recruiting.

Bump ... not just a bump ... but a BIG BUMP. So agree.

Haven't read the article but having a fan base that is really excited at 8-5 vs one that feels like the end of the world is coming and we need to fire our coach at 10-4 also played a role. At least that's what was indicated to the coaches.

They have plenty to be excited about. Their 8-5 looked far better than our 10-4. They lost (going into the bowl games) to the #1, #2, and #3 teams. (+ Nebraska) Not exactly something to hang your head about. They played ND within 7 points, and OSU within 5 both on the road. Then they took a top 10 SEC team to the wire, coming within 10-15 seconds of winning.

Way too early to judge the last few OL classes. It's a position that typically requires a few years to develop. Guys like Jackson, qvale and pensick could have easily been written off early in their careers and later turned into good linemen.

2010 class had a nice hit with hardrick. Arod has obviously not lived up to his recruiting hype, but I have a hard time calling a kid a bust when he's at least seen the field a lot. Too early to give up on moudy and cotton. Each still has a chance to win left guard and start for two years.

2011 class obviously already had a couple notable misses, but reeves and sterup still have plenty of potential, and price is young and athletic. They were freshmen this year. Bit early to talk about then being busts.

Can't really even talk about the two that redshirted yet. I agree though that we need to be taking more than two linemen in every class.

• Fire 2

Could Barney's coaching be a detriment to recruiting the position as well?