Heard to practice Nickle and RB?

So does this actually pan out? We appear deep at both the RB and DB spot. Deep meaning a lot of guys, not necessarily a lot of experience.

I hope this doesn't become another example of guys getting moved around and never being heard from again. Heard seems to have the potential and hype to not be on the field somewhere.

IMO, it is another example of the staff not "getting" it. Do other traditional power house schools move highly recruited players around?

Thoughts.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/football/article_01100ab7-ad70-543a-84f4-a54c800cc4b4.html

Heard could excel at either spot. Since he's not a starter, yet, it seems to make sense to start familiarizing him with both positions. Then plug him in where he fits best--either based on NU's needs or Heard's skills.

i shudder to think where we will be next year when Rex is gone........hope the new Rex emerges this season.

Ameer has some huge upside...as long as he holds onto the football...

he's a different type of runner than Rex, no way he could handle 20-30 touches per game, not that there are many backs that could.

Rex is a phenom, Ameer is a situational runner, IMHO, better outside than between the tackles where he would get pounded every play.

Unless we develop or acquire another Rex, other than a FB inside carry, it may be time to really open up this offense and use the smaller,

quicker backs out in space with a greater emphasis on the short passing game........if you don't recruit for big, inside tough runners, you

better use the speed to the outside.......maybe Marrow and Cross quickly fill the future void........IMO, Beck has some decisions to make this fall.

So does this actually pan out? We appear deep at both the RB and DB spot. Deep meaning a lot of guys, not necessarily a lot of experience.

I hope this doesn't become another example of guys getting moved around and never being heard from again. Heard seems to have the potential and hype to not be on the field somewhere.

IMO, it is another example of the staff not "getting" it. Do other traditional power house schools move highly recruited players around?

Thoughts.

http://huskerextra.c...4c800cc4b4.html

That's what I Heard

Thoughts.

http://huskerextra.c...4c800cc4b4.html

pun intended, or no? ;)

Personally, I like this move.

If the guy is good enough to get to second team nickle back after doing it for the spring practices, obviously he has some skills.

If he's in the mix for the #1 spot in the fall, let him play defense, then work exclusively on the diamond formation plays on offense and we get the best of both worlds

i shudder to think where we will be next year when Rex is gone........hope the new Rex emerges this season.

Ameer has some huge upside...as long as he holds onto the football...

he's a different type of runner than Rex, no way he could handle 20-30 touches per game, not that there are many backs that could.

Rex is a phenom, Ameer is a situational runner, IMHO, better outside than between the tackles where he would get pounded every play.

Unless we develop or acquire another Rex, other than a FB inside carry, it may be time to really open up this offense and use the smaller,

quicker backs out in space with a greater emphasis on the short passing game........if you don't recruit for big, inside tough runners, you

better use the speed to the outside.......maybe Marrow and Cross quickly fill the future void........IMO, Beck has some decisions to make this fall.

I do agree with you on a few points, but we haven't run Ameer enough to actually test if he has the physicality to take on 20-30 touches per game. I think Cross and Marrow will help fill the void, but I believe Ameer needs to gain another 5-10 pounds.....5lbs being muscle at least.