View From South Stadium?

I just found out that I am getting season tickets for this season and am ecstatic! They are in South Stadium, row 72. Could anyone give me an idea of how the view is from there? I haven't been to a ton of games so I'm just not sure. Is that pretty high up or is the view still pretty good?

Thanks and GBR!

Here is my view during the 2010 spring game. Original size here:http://www.flickr.co...157629805106674

4538514904_f5c5552f70_z.jpg

And here is the view from the top-ish row later on in that game. (sorry for the split frame image, its the best I can provide while at work). Original size here: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

4941891083_22b8323685_z.jpg

I know the first isn't even close to row 72 but average that with the second and its closer. ::shrug:: I know I have some from the 60s vicinity somewhere at home that I will post, if I can find them.

You get to view a lot of old people yelling at anyone in front of them for the following travesties: Standing, sitting tall, yelling, talking loudly, talking at all, sneezing, farting, burping, eating, whispering, turning to comment on a play, saying anything negative of any kind about anyone(refs, opposing teams).

HAHAHA!!!

"We kind of all sit down in this section so that we can all enjoy the game and talk about some of our favorite current topics during the stoppage of play, things like the Civil War and small pox"

who cares where you sit, just being a part of that atmosphere is enough for me to be happy...i'm generally on the east balcony, 2 rows up on the 40 yard line (incredible view) but got student ticks this year and was too late to get east side, so ill most likely be high up on south most of the games and it doesn't matter to me. When the crowd gets on there feet and start getting louder, then you know something good is happening, even if you can't see it :P

South stadium is awesome.... with the exception of the "sit down" people. One HUGE advantage is that you are looking straight at the giant screen.... one disadvantage is later in the season, you catch the north wind straight in the face...nothing a good pregame tailgate won't fix. I have sat in row 86 in South for 20 years and love it. As a coach, I like sitting behind the action and high up.. you really get to see things open up, way before the play happens... You should be excited.

As a coach, I like sitting behind the action and high up.. you really get to see things open up, way before the play happens... You should be excited.

This is a good point. You can see a lot of stuff develop on the end zones that you can't see from the sides. Ends are good seats - they're just farther away, usually.

I love the south end zone. Even all the way up in row 98, at the very back, it's a great view in my opinion. I've sat in the a lot of different spots around the stadium and the south end zone is great. As a lover of the X's and O's, it really gives you a great vantage point of the development of each play. When the team is playing at the other end zone, it's still great because you can just watch it on the big screen.

Hmmm. I think I'm a little less ecstatic now.

Don't be. My seats are in the 84th row, North Stadium. You can see just fine from up there.

But watch out for passing satellites! :)

And dont' get scared when the ground is moving beneath your feet. The bleachers aren't gonna fall over.. at least they never have before.

- but yes when it gets loud the floor starts rocking - litterally.