Miles on front page of ESPN NCAAB

ncb_u_coaches_576.jpg

Personality Clash

Characters are welcome -- except on the sidelines. That wasn't always the case but in today's social media world, coaches' voices have been muted.

Here's teh pic and title of article.

Miles is a good looking man. Did I ever mention that I look a lot like him? We could be twins. :lol:

Tim Miles (@CoachMiles): Nebraska’s new head coach pushes the boundaries of social media integration. He’s a jokester (“@brycerausch ... You have excellent sideburns. Well done”), self-promoter and leader through his Twitter feed. Miles has attained the most social media success among his 14,700-plus followers for his in-game tweets. As his team struggled in the first half against UNLV last season, Miles offered this observation at halftime, “We just allowed them to get into way too much of a rhythm. You can’t allow UNLV to hit 7 threes in a half!” I’ve talked to Miles at length about his social media game. And from what he tells me, he’s going to push the limits going forward, too. Tweets during timeouts? Don’t be surprised. Follow him.

"Coaches would say, 'Are you nuts?'" Mile said. "And I'd say, 'Well, yeah, I guess I am.' But when I started out, I said I'm going to lose a lot of games, but I'm not going to lose my sense of humor. I grew up with guys who had those infectious personalities. Who doesn't want to be around that? So as long as we're about the right things, as long as when we cross the lines it's a different deal, we're going to have some fun."

I think Miles is an innovator. Fans and recruits want interaction they want to connect with their coach, Miles appeals to the younger generation more than 99% of the other basketball coaches out there. He and people like him are the future of college coaching in every sport. Embrace the future, it is here at Nebraska!

I was surprised by the decision to hire him but it sounds like he's not the run-of-the-mill coach. Of course any success in b-ball at Nebraska will bring out a ton of enthusiasm and a packed arena.

I can honestly say that I wasn't blown away when I heard the name that was hired, but I am beginning to become a believer. I can't believe I am saying it without really seeing him on the sidelines yet, but let's just say that I want to believe that he can turn the program around.

All of this excitment and momentum can be wiped out with a horrible season....

I think his track record proves it shouldnt, but be aware.

Except that his track record shows that the first year or two are always difficult..............so people should NOT be surprised.................they should just be realistic and patient.

Except that his track record shows that the first year or two are always difficult..............so people should NOT be surprised.................they should just be realistic and patient.

I agree, I think that everyone just needs to have a little bit of patience and give him a year or two to get things going the way he wants them. Everyone needs to keep the criticism to a minimum, but that's a little much to ask of some people.

I agree, I think that everyone just needs to have a little bit of patience and give him a year or two to get things going the way he wants them. Everyone needs to keep the criticism to a minimum, but that's a little much to ask of some people.

Exactly. Give him a chance to get things in place, then by year 3, if we dont make the final four, or sweet 16 at worst, then we can off him. :ahhhhhhhh

Exactly. Give him a chance to get things in place, then by year 3, if we dont make the final four, or sweet 16 at worst, then we can off him. :ahhhhhhhh

Paraphrasing the Q&A at Miles' introductory press conference.

Question: "What are your expectations in year 1?"

Miles: "We stink the 1st year. That's been the case everywhere we've been."

Calipari is probably the only coach who could make us competitive in one season in the NCAA. He's not coming here nor would I want him to. I'm happy with T Miles and will patiently wait for the turnaround. Next year might not be pretty but it will happen.

Well not that it would take much, but I feel this first year will be a vast improvement from the finish to '11 and all of '11-'12.

Calipari is probably the only coach who could make us competitive in one season in the NCAA. He's not coming here nor would I want him to. I'm happy with T Miles and will patiently wait for the turnaround. Next year might not be pretty but it will happen.

Well not that it would take much, but I feel this first year will be a vast improvement from the finish to '11 and all of '11-'12.

Bingo.............I expect to struggle early, but hope to see signs of progress throughout the year. (not necessarily always in W's because it will be conference games......but signs of improvement)

The last couple of Doc's campaigns really struggled down the stretch.