SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Another anaylists opinion... from scout. Interesting that he says only 32 throws or so. Coaches Elite 11 should come out soon.

"Scott Kennedy ‏@ScoutKennedy

My personal Elite 11 after 5 days and 32 or so throws: 1. Morris 2. Olsen 3. Woulard 4. Browne 5. Goff 6. Ramsey 7. Bateman 8. Dobbs cont.

9. Hackenberg 10. Kincade 11. Zaire and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event"

His will be way different than the coaches. He's way off :)

Another anaylists opinion... from scout. Interesting that he says only 32 throws or so. Coaches Elite 11 should come out soon.

My personal Elite 11 after 5 days and 32 or so throws: 1. Morris 2. Olsen 3. Woulard 4. Browne 5. Goff 6. Ramsey 7. Bateman 8. Dobbs cont.

9. Hackenberg 10. Kincade 11. Zaire and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event"

I count 4 Elite 11 QB's he didn't include in his top 11..?

Thus the :)

Half kidding because he didn't include Johnny.

Different opinions from a scout sitting on the bleachers vs the coaches actually teaching him. I hear rivals said he was 20 out of 25, 247 has him middle of the pack. Johnny excelled on reading defenses and class room work, leadership and all that. He has off the charts intangibles, a winner and a real leader.

Get ready to hear Stanton to Westerkamp ALOT in the future.

Rivals has a cool story with all the QBs spending some time with the SEALS. The article is free....

"It was tough," Browne said. "Someone said it's not the quarterback's dream to do workouts like that. It's more designed for a linebacker so that's probably why Johnny Stanton did really well."

http://nebraska.riva...asp?CID=1387824

That could be interpreted the wrong way...

Excuses excuses

Sounds kinda soft to me....

I'll take the guy pushing through the workout over the one complaining to the media anyday

• Fire 1
Let's just hope Dilfer is better at evaluating talent than he was at playing quarterback.

He won a Super Bowl. He gets paid to analyze football players and games. I trust an entire staff of coaches who have seen EVERY drill than rivals analysts that only get to see a few throwing drills.

Honestly, name one QB worse than Dilfer who was part of a Super Bowl winning team. I can list dozens of QBs better than Dilfer who've never won a Super Bowl. He sucked. I'm serious when I say I hope he's better at evaluating talent.

gotcha.... But when I listen to dilfer break down tape, he really sounds like he knows what's up..... Wasn't blessed with alot of talent but that doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good coach..... In fact I bet someday he gets into coaching.... I think very highly of his football mind!!!

I don't get the "downplay" on Trent. He was a winner any way you want to look at it. Plus, what the hell has he said negative about JS? It's a stupid debate. He won a Super Bowl and wasn't an "all-world" QB. He knew his place then and he knows his stuff now. I have alot of respect for a hard working guy like him ... He carries alot of Husker values ... so I just don't get this board sometimes. Guess there is alot of "penis-envy" on here or something.

I don't get the "downplay" on Trent. He was a winner any way you want to look at it. Plus, what the hell has he said negative about JS? It's a stupid debate. He won a Super Bowl and wasn't an "all-world" QB. He knew his place then and he knows his stuff now. I have alot of respect for a hard working guy like him ... He carries alot of Husker values ... so I just don't get this board sometimes. Guess there is alot of "penis-envy" on here or something.

I haven't seen where Dilfer was bad-mouthed. I think he is a very smart guy.

his neck is like a tree trunk. I know he doesnt like the comparison to tebow but as far as he is built, he may be built just like tim tebow was coming out of high school. Great interview! So excited to have him and tommy armstrong. Gonne make for one hell of a QB battle

Here is the latest fellas. Long interview with johnny stanton after being named to the ELITE 11

ENJOY

so i take it his high school game is friday night? If so that would be insanely cool if a huge husker crowd goes. It speaks volumes that this kid is only a Junior and putting up great numbers, and proving he can be an effective passer as well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/07/22/rivals-elite-11-quarterbacks/index.html

Silly rivals analysts.... They don't even have him in their top 11.

When looking at those two lists, I noticed both Scout & Rivals only listed one 3* each in their Top 11 (Scout: Dobbs, Rivals: Woulard).

Furthermore, of the Elite 11 picked yesterday the following are 3* on both Rivals & Scout: Johnny Stanton, Shane Cockerille, Luke Del Rio, Zack Greenlee.

I can't help but think Rivals & Scout didn't want to list the above mentioned 3* (minus Dobbs, Woulard) for the sake of their own pride? Their credibility could be called into question. After this weekend's performances, is Scout still comfortable keeping Stanton ranked @ #42, Cockerille @ #44, Del Rio @ #37, Greenlee @ #84? Does their credibility as analysts hinge on it? <--Last question is rhetorical, btw.

Just goes to show how subjective these evaluations are between the various recruiting services.

http://sportsillustr...acks/index.html

When looking at those two lists, I noticed both Scout & Rivals only listed one 3* each in their Top 11 (Scout: Dobbs, Rivals: Woulard).

Furthermore, of the Elite 11 picked yesterday the following are 3* on both Rivals & Scout: Johnny Stanton, Shane Cockerille, Luke Del Rio, Zack Greenlee.

I can't help but think Rivals & Scout didn't want to list the above mentioned 3* (minus Dobbs, Woulard) for the sake of their own pride? Their credibility could be called into question. After this weekend's performances, is Scout still comfortable keeping Stanton ranked @ #42, Cockerille @ #44, Del Rio @ #37, Greenlee @ #84? Does their credibility as analysts hinge on it? <--Last question is rhetorical, btw.

Just goes to show how subjective these evaluations are between the various recruiting services.

I bet your right and i think it has alot to do with it. Its telling at the end of his tweet when he says.... and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event. Trying to downplay the whole event. My guess is they probably wont bump anyone up yet, but will quitely do it later during thier senior seasons. Ive seen alot of praise for Johnny even from other QBs there. The Del Rio kid, when asked who stood out at the camp he said Johnny Stanton, and went on to gush about him. Went 8 for 8 and 7 for 8 on the first 2 days.

http://sportsillustr...acks/index.html

I bet your right and i think it has alot to do with it. Its telling at the end of his tweet when he says.... and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event. Trying to downplay the whole event. My guess is they probably wont bump anyone up yet, but will quitely do it later during thier senior seasons. Ive seen alot of praise for Johnny even from other QBs there. The Del Rio kid, when asked who stood out at the camp he said Johnny Stanton, and went on to gush about him. Went 8 for 8 and 7 for 8 on the first 2 days.

Personally I think a lot of it is the recruiting sites trying to save face. They get paid huge dollars for their "expert" opinions from us the fans and from the schools for their lists. If now all of the sudden coaches are saying they're off the mark that's a blemish on their record. Its as much of a sales pitch of their product as any real truth to who might be the best player. Truth is...most consumers would like them better if they stated they made a mistake. Humility goes a long ways.