ATH Joel Lanning [Iowa State Commit]

There are some conditions that need to be met in order for this to be commitable.

He more than likely ends up playing baseball when it is all said and done.

Would you be able to elaborate on said conditions? I was a little surprised by the offer Saturday, figured we'd slow-play him a while and see how things play-out. Also figuree he'd jump if offered. Does it have anything to do with grades? His stated GPA is an unimpressive 2.5.

There are some conditions that need to be met in order for this to be commitable.

Would you be able to elaborate on said conditions? I was a little surprised by the offer Saturday, figured we'd slow-play him a while and see how things play-out. Also figuree he'd jump if offered. Does it have anything to do with grades? His stated GPA is an unimpressive 2.5.

I was surprised as well, he got an offer for qb on the spot, and stanton had to wait a few days

It is a MM Jr kinda deal only not so harsh, yes grades are a part of it. Performance is part of it as well. Final thing that really comes into play with this situation is the baseball

QB? He's offered on the spot and Stanton isn't? Why not slow-play him. We've done that with every QB recruit to some degree. With his GPA at my equivalent I'm guessing the staff really has a "diamond in the rough" or we are really in this bad of shape in this recruiting cycle at QB. I would think that you would want a brighter mind to pick up this difficult learning curve. His intangibles must be off the charts.

QB? He's offered on the spot and Stanton isn't? Why not slow-play him. We've done that with every QB recruit to some degree. With his GPA at my equivalent I'm guessing the staff really has a "diamond in the rough" or we are really in this bad of shape in this recruiting cycle at QB. I would think that you would want a brighter mind to pick up this difficult learning curve. His intangibles must be off the charts.

I thinking the fact that he just recently got an offer means the staff has been slow playing him. The staff seems to be still slow playing him with this conditional offer. The staff seems to want 2 QBs in this class with one being an ATH hybrid who can move positions if need be. Don't think this says anything about Stanton or Kincade necessarily.

I thinking the fact that he just recently got an offer means the staff has been slow playing him. The staff seems to be still slow playing him with this conditional offer. The staff seems to want 2 QBs in this class with one being an ATH hybrid who can move positions if need be. Don't think this says anything about Stanton or Kincade necessarily.

Im thinking this is it as well. And yes as surprising as it sounds according to someone that has spoken to him directly, it is an offfer at QB. As said above i really think we are looking at 2 QBs this cycle, with one that can move positions if necessary.....ie this guy. His film at QB is actually pretty good, but no better then Ryker in my very uniformed opinion, just have room to take a guy like this...this year.

Seems like we are taking alot more athletes this year that can play multiple positions, which isnt a bad thing. If you cant get elite position athletes, you still gotta try and get elite athletes and coach em up where you see them fitting best.

• 1 month later...