WR Allen Lazard [Iowa State Commit]

"I would rate it a 9, maybe even a 9.5 because I came in there not knowing a bunch about Nebraska but when I got there, everything just blew me away," Lazard said. "I didn't expect Nebraska to be like that."

Gave Iowa & Iowa State 8s.

Really liked team chemistry.

Location is "big" for him.

He gave Iowa and Iowas state a combined 8? Or each an 8! Cause I can see that going either way! :P
  • 3 weeks later...

okay i guess he is doing a good job but why is Barney recruiting this guy..........?? the guy doesnt seem very hip or cool...

Pretty sure that IA is within Barney's territory. Results are mixed, and opinions vary, but Barney has pulled in big recruits in the past. I also think that the position coach pitches in and I would argue that it is more important for the recruit to hit it off with the position coach, good thing Fisher seems to be doing a decent job on the trail.

I think we have a VERY good shot at this kid for several reasons.

#1 He wants to play close to home.

He wants to stay close to home. I'd think our biggest potential threats within 6 hrs of his home would be Iowa, Mizzouri and Wisconsin. If he is willing to travel a little further then we worry about Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame.

I don't think we lose this kid to a USC, Texas, or SEC school. He has stated that distance is a big factor for him.

Nebraska is about 3 hrs from his home.

#2 He is VERY impressed with us.

He unoficially visited us this summer and was "blown away" by everything he saw and heard. He even tweeted a "Nebraska... wow"

He returned for a second unofficial visit for the Wisconsin game and had a "fantastic" time.

He plans on traveling to OSU to watch them play us this week.

He is planning on coming on his third unofficial visit to watch us play Penn State.

The only other schools he has visited so far are Iowa and Iowa State... both which have already gotten worse ratings than us.

#3 He's use to the Midwest culture

We don't have to fight the hick stereotype or cornfield boring stereotype with him. He's from a culture and climate very similar to Nebraska's. He feels at home.