Top LB Class in Nation?

well alabams would be #1. as 247 says they have 2 5 star LB's already. but we are up there no doubt if we were to land those guys. Reuben Foster is a monster of a LB

Foster is one of the best LBs ever.. Its amazing to see how the prospects keep getting better and better.

I would say top 3 to 5 for sure, but like said above well know in a few years. Afalava, Rose, Santos, Banderas, Newby, Love.....wow. We get a couple top Dline to go along with the last few classes and our front 7 should be damn good. Our LB depth is a little scary this year, but after that it will become the strength of the D, right along with our secondary. Just need a good disruptive DT.....hear that Vanderdoes? Although i think Rome is going to be great.

I would say top 3 to 5 for sure, but like said above well know in a few years. Afalava, Rose, Santos, Banderas, Newby, Love.....wow. We get a couple top Dline to go along with the last few classes and our front 7 should be damn good. Our LB depth is a little scary this year, but after that it will become the strength of the D, right along with our secondary. Just need a good disruptive DT.....hear that Vanderdoes? Although i think Rome is going to be great.

Rome, Peat, and Williams would seem to have bright futures based on what we have seen and heard thus far. Need Randle and/or Guy to pick it up this year. Need to keep adding 1-2 good DT's each class though. It is like O-Line, depth is everything fo long term success.

Question ... I guess with Newby on board ... #113 rated LB ... our highest in the rankings from what I understand (posted info on Newby's thread) ... how is this class shaping up to be a Top 5 class? Tell me what gives someone like me the basic Husker fan that kind of enthusiasm. I'm just curious as to why we rate these recruits so high verses how others rank them. This is a geniune question.

Rome, Peat, and Williams would seem to have bright futures based on what we have seen and heard thus far. Need Randle and/or Guy to pick it up this year. Need to keep adding 1-2 good DT's each class though. It is like O-Line, depth is everything fo long term success.

Yes, yes, yes.

Last year was hopefully just a one year fluke with only two Olinemen. Would love to see us bring in the big uglies this year. Sure gotta love the LBs though...whew!

Question ... I guess with Newby on board ... #113 rated LB ... our highest in the rankings from what I understand (posted info on Newby's thread) ... how is this class shaping up to be a Top 5 class? Tell me what gives someone like me the basic Husker fan that kind of enthusiasm. I'm just curious as to why we rate these recruits so high verses how others rank them. This is a geniune question.

According to the ranking on Rivals our current LB's on board are solid prospects. The two we missed out on that we thought on this board we would possible get, Cox and and Ramirez both committed to Arizona St. and Mizzou and both are rated higher then any of our commits. As I look at the Newby commit, the #113 has to be wrong. He's ranked alot higher it seems on Rivals but they rank according to inside and outside.

Looks to me like we will have a solid core of LB's ... but it to me we drinking some red koolaid to put it in the Top 5 realm. Love Banderas of course. I'll look forward to reading some other comments on this one for sure.