Starting Buckeye LB arrested for domestic violence

NUance

Dear Mike Mitchell,

Now would be a good time if you wanted to commit.

We are painfully shorthanded at LB. Sabino, Shazier and a bunch of Frosh.

Mike Farrell tweeted tonight that Mitchell is 80% sure he will be a Buckeye, but he won't announce it next week

That eases the pain about LaQuon Treadwell likely heading north :)

Seems a bit harsh to boot Klein off the team. But I guess Urban doesn't have much leeway to cut guys slack. Because of the ink-for-trinkets scandal. And the Urbanator's own checkered past with Florida's many arrests.

edit/ OTOH, if Urban hadn't kicked him off the team he (Urban) would be catching holy hell this morning.

He can earn his way back in though, so I guess the jury's still out on how harsh of a punish this is.

Not sure I'd say "earn his way back in." According to Urban, the only way he would be considered is if something happens with the charges, so if it ends up being less of an actual issue than it currently is (e.g., his side of the story checks out during proceedings) then he could be reinstated, but he can't really do anything about that.

He can earn his way back in though, so I guess the jury's still out on how harsh of a punish this is.

Not sure I'd say "earn his way back in." According to Urban, the only way he would be considered is if something happens with the charges, so if it ends up being less of an actual issue than it currently is (e.g., his side of the story checks out during proceedings) then he could be reinstated, but he can't really do anything about that.

Ah - true. I'm actually expecting the charges to be less serious than expected so I was mentally comparing this response to a long term suspension/missing games during the season...depending on what happens after the facts are out Urban's response in this situation can be viewed as being either be less or more harsh.

Latest word from court documents is the alleged victim is the mother of his daughter. I had no idea he had a child. He is in college, you cannot walk to class without tripping over someone handing out free condoms...

He could have had the kid in Jr High