NU v. Iowa: Most anticipated game of Hawkeyes fans, by far

NUance

Iowa hasn't had an at all legitimate conference title since 1985, they've only had one somewhat notable bowl win since the 50s, and their claimed national championship is a joke. They have nothing resembling a winning culture and have very little to be proud of. Why their heads are so large over so little, I don't know. I'm just glad that we finally get to start putting them in their god damn place every single year now instead of just having to listen to the crap they spew. Our program isn't even that good anymore, but it's going to be miles ahead of Iowa's even at this level for many years to come.

They have 3 legitimate Conference Championships since 1985. Also have an Orange Bowl win, along with two Outback Bowls, one Capital One Bowl over LSU on a Hail Mary, one losing season over the last 12 and an average of 8 wins a season and 4 top-10 finishes in the same amount of time.

I would not call sharing with 3 other teams in 1990, avoiding OSU and getting horribly embarrassed twice in 2002, and losing to the team you tied with in 2004 legitimate titles. The only one you can make a case for is 02, and even then they would have gotten destroyed if they had to play OSU.

Also, their Orange Bowl? Not a big accomplishment. They fluked their way through the year to get an at large bid and then drew a very easy match. ACC is 2-13 all time in BCS bowls and Georgia Tech has lost its last 7 bowl games, it would have been embarrassing had they lost.

Well, I define legitimate championships by those recognized by the conference as such, not by my personal bias to or against schools. Same idea with BCS bowl wins, of which we as the superior program have so many to lay claim to.

Well, I define legitimate championships by those recognized by the conference as such, not by my personal bias to or against schools. Same idea with BCS bowl wins, of which we as the superior program have so many to lay claim to.

Are you claiming we're not a superior program? If so, please support with facts.

Are you claiming we're not a superior program? If so, please support with facts.

Nebraska has fewer Big Ten titles than Northwestern.

True. But NW has never finish ahead of Nebr in the B1G 10 standings. (Even though they're undefeated against us in B1G play.)

Not at all, just drawing attention to the observable fact that Iowa has more BCS bowl appearances than Nebraska. Nothing more or less.

Not at all, just drawing attention to the observable fact that Iowa has more BCS bowl appearances than Nebraska. Nothing more or less.

I'm sure everyone here on HUSKERBoard is eternally grateful for your continued practice of pointing out that our fans are blowhards and our team isn't as good as the team next door.

I'm sure everyone here on HUSKERBoard is eternally grateful for your continued practice of pointing out that our fans are blowhards and our team isn't as good as the team next door.

:dunno