NU v. Iowa: Most anticipated game of Hawkeyes fans, by far

NUance

It's a poor analogy, your comparing 1 v 1 competition to 1 v >1 competition. World War Two, in football terms, was more like Texas v. the combined teams of Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Alabama and Ohio State all on the field all at once. Germany would've routed any single opponent in a neutral site game. Anyhow...

It's a poor analogy, your comparing 1 v 1 competition to 1 v >1 competition. World War Two, in football terms, was more like Texas v. the combined teams of Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Alabama and Ohio State all on the field all at once. Germany would've routed any single opponent in a neutral site game. Anyhow...

It's poor analytical skills due to the fact that I was saying you can win a battle, but you may not win the war...

But then again, not that smart...

• Fire 1

It's poor analytical skills due to the fact that I was saying you can win a battle, but you may not win the war...

But then again, not that smart...

It's a poor analogy because what does Iowa playing in BCS games and Nebraska playing in BCS games but not playing each other have to do with a battle and a war?

As an anecdote, sure I guess it makes sense.

As an analogy its horrible. Iowa v. Nebraska and Germany v. France, the British Commonwealth, the US and the USSR aren't really comparable.

...and one more thread derailed.

Back on topic, BCS wins over ACC teams don't count. Sorry Iowa. Without that they've got a whole heap of nothing.

As an anecdote, sure I guess it makes sense.

As an analogy its horrible. Iowa v. Nebraska and Germany v. France, the British Commonwealth, the US and the USSR aren't really comparable.

...and one more thread derailed.

Back on topic, BCS wins over ACC teams don't count. Sorry Iowa. Without that they've got a whole heap of nothing.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

well done

Regardless that Nebraska and Iowa were in separate conferences until recently, so many despise everything Nebraska. One of my boss's at work rarely skips an opportunity to throw Nebraska under the bus. He hates Pelini, hates Nebraska, etc. They're right up there with Colorado and Missouri for some of the most butt-hurt fans in college football.

Anyone else find it kind of pathetic that they refer to Hayden Fry as "legendary"? One outright conference title and only one bowl win over a ranked opponent (#20 Washington in the 95 Sun Bowl) in 19 years, and he is a legend? Guess they really don't have much at all to hold onto there.

Anyone else find it kind of pathetic that they refer to Hayden Fry as "legendary"? One outright conference title and only one bowl win over a ranked opponent (#20 Washington in the 95 Sun Bowl) in 19 years, and he is a legend? Guess they really don't have much at all to hold onto there.

I think they meant legume.

They do have soy beans in Iowa

Of course it is going to be their most looked forward to game. It has been for decades. Having lived and worked here in Omaha for *cough* 40+ years, a meeting between the two teams has been "talked" about for years. The only difference now, is they actually play. It was always, we would kick your ass, no we would kick your ass. Now that they get to play, I have notice the Hawkeye fans a much quieter than years past. They know the reality is that the outcome will be decided on the field, not some lame ass debate. The way it should be.

I have to say, while there are certainly more "high profile" games than Iowa. IMHO, for the people, especially for those on both sides of the Missouri river, this is the 'Big game".