Heard back to RB

Probably says more about Jackson then Siesay

Jackson hasn't even hit the practice field yet. Seisay looked very well in the spring.

Was referring to the fact that he even made it to campus. And dont think for a second they havent been out running drills all summer, that coupled with the fact the Jackson will start as a nickle corner, because thats where we need the most help, alos where Heard was practicing, and we get Heard moving back, which is why i say it must mean they think Jackson can help immediately.

I don't think there should be much of a dropoff for Heard. I mean around the time he switched to CB, Green announced that he was transferring. It was quickly pointed out that Heard was seeing reps at CB and RB. Fall camp hasn't started, so when it does, he will be back in RB mode. I'm sure he has kept his head in the offensive playbook since Green announced the transfer just in case he would be called upon at the RB spot.

Additional details from tonight's event in Omaha featuring Beck & Papuchis via @danhoppen:

According to Beck and Papuchis, most improved players in spring ball were Brent Qvale and Ciante Evans.

Papuchis: Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Charles Jackson, Braylon Heard will compete for return spots opposite Ameer Abdullah.

One last note from tonight: Papuchis said Daimion Stafford has as much ability as any player he's ever coached.

Additional details from tonight's event in Omaha featuring Beck & Papuchis via @danhoppen:

According to Beck and Papuchis, most improved players in spring ball were Brent Qvale and Ciante Evans.

Papuchis: Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Charles Jackson, Braylon Heard will compete for return spots opposite Ameer Abdullah.

One last note from tonight: Papuchis said Daimion Stafford has as much ability as any player he's ever coached.

Interesting bit of info. Great to hear about Ciante Evans...I liked his potential two years ago but last year thought he regressed...never thought Raymond's finesse style fit him so maybe Coach Joseph has him playing fierce again. And Qvale...great to hear...he was going to be a huge monster beast but then injury set him back. Maybe we will finally see the demolition we have all been waiting for!

Heard to RB makes sense if Mo, Evans, CJ, Green, and more are playing well. We needed another RB.

This was going to be happening the moment Aaron Green transferred, with lack of good RB depth this upcoming year (a FB is current the #2 back and Abdullah is still yet to become a complete back) this is the only move that makes sense. Heard played very well the few plays he got last season and people forget he was the No. 5 RB in the country the year he graduated high school (same as Aaron Green), this kid is fantastic RB.

Interesting bit of info. Great to hear about Ciante Evans...I liked his potential two years ago but last year thought he regressed...never thought Raymond's finesse style fit him so maybe Coach Joseph has him playing fierce again. And Qvale...great to hear...he was going to be a huge monster beast but then injury set him back. Maybe we will finally see the demolition we have all been waiting for!

Man I hope you're right. I loved hearing opposing fans whine about how "dirty" our secondary played under Marvin Sanders. I don't care if we get tagged for a couple holding/DPI's a game, if we're regularly handing out career worst days to opposing qb's like we were in 2009 and 2010, then its well worth it. I don't know what the issue with Raymond was, but his secondary did not get the job done last year.

• Fire 1

Man I hope you're right. I loved hearing opposing fans whine about how "dirty" our secondary played under Marvin Sanders. I don't care if we get tagged for a couple holding/DPI's a game, if we're regularly handing out career worst days to opposing qb's like we were in 2009 and 2010, then its well worth it. I don't know what the issue with Raymond was, but his secondary did not get the job done last year.

Can't recall which publication it was (OWH or LJS?) but there were a couple of quotes from a few players saying TJ's coaching style was similar to that of Marvin Sanders. This was during spring practice, btw. Take it for what it's worth.

I could be reaching here, but I got the impression from those quotes that the players responded better to whatever Sanders style was versus that of Raymond's. So whatever it is that TJ is doing, they're responding.

Our return guys are all young...4 sophmores and a true freshman. It will be fun watching them grow over the next few years as returners and position players. They are all play makers.