CB Jonathan Cook [Alabama - Signed NLI]

Player: Jonathan Cook

Hometown: Spanish Fort, AL

School: Spanish Fort

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 185

40 time: 4.51

Offers: Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Alcorn State, Arkansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Penn State, Troy, UAB

cfvQQ.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

http://nebraska.247s...ska-offer-82049

Terry Joseph stated we would take 3 CB's in the 2013 class

Gotta believe that our top three would be: Priest Willis, Mackensie Alexander, and Dashon Hunt....and probably keep working on Tre'vell Dixon

Then a second group of: Jonathan Cook, Michael Minter Jr, and Lamar Robbins

But, I'm sure other could always be coming.

I would take Jonathan Hunt no matter, simply because I dont see Alexander leaving the state of Florida unless it's to Notre Dame. Priest is the #1 CB on our board and there is no one else close to him.

one service says he's 5'11'', two say he's 6' and the other says 6'1"

Damn, I understand people are going to see things differently when evaulating talent, but when it comes to evaluating height it just shouldn't be that hard #useatapemeasure

• Upvote 1

I would take Jonathan Hunt no matter, simply because I dont see Alexander leaving the state of Florida unless it's to Notre Dame. Priest is the #1 CB on our board and there is no one else close to him.

For clarification, you'd take Jonathan Cook no matter? or Dashon Hunt? Not trying to be a d*ck, just want your opinion.

For clarification, you'd take Jonathan Cook no matter? or Dashon Hunt? Not trying to be a d*ck, just want your opinion.

No totally my fault, I would take Jonathan Hunt no matter if all three of the top ones want N.

No totally my fault, I would take Jonathan Hunt no matter if all three of the top ones want N.

For clarification, you'd take Jonathan Cook no matter? or Dashon Hunt? Not trying to be a d*ck, just want your opinion. ;)

For clarification, you'd take Jonathan Cook no matter? or Dashon Hunt? Not trying to be a d*ck, just want your opinion. ;)

I'm guessing Speed knows about some kid named Jonathan Hunt that is going to blow our minds. He's good like that.

I'm guessing Speed knows about some kid named Jonathan Hunt that is going to blow our minds. He's good like that.

5* waterboy

the_genius_of_the_construction_by_happyfacekiller88-d56nngf.png

headdown.gif

:lol:

This whole exchange made me laugh.

Me going full retard for a couple of minutes made me laugh. :D

The Rebels are currently the top choice for a recent Husker cornerback offer, Jonathan Cook, who's from Spanish Fort, Ala., across the bay from Mobile. Deep South. That's full-blood SEC country; you can get to five SEC states in four hours. It'll be a tough pull. Always.

From Sams article i posted on the main recruiting board. Glad we are getting him on campus, gives a fighting chance.

According to Sean Callahan he is N. NO official write up yet, as they are/or recently were on the phone discussing the commitment.

According to Sean Callahan he is N. NO official write up yet, as they are/or recently were on the phone discussing the commitment.

Yeah and Cook tweeted it as well. @iLockdown_Cook:"I verbally committed today imma be a husker and I think the man above for everything#blessed# blackshirt pic.twitter.com/XRi82Ow6"

Wow Welcome aboard ...now get up here for a visit and cement this thing. Hate to say this but he is a big sleeper, Saban likes him, well see what happens if he gets an offer from Bama or not

Nice pick up...if i remember correctly we pulled a 3* d-back out of SEC country a few years back..and he turned out to be a good one. Dennard was his name i believe.

:corndance:corndance :corndance

Could this be the last CB we are taking? Might not have a spot for Priest Willis since Jonathan Rose is coming in

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Major, major surprise commitment No. 14 in Alabama cornerback Jonathan Cook. Solid three-star corner from SEC country. #Huskers

:bigredn:

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC

Cook committed without ever seeing Lincoln. Said he liked Pelini, Terry Joseph & what he heard about the fan base. #Huskers

I think he is a pretty soft commit. He's says he will still be taking all 5 of his official visits.

Ya he told the 247 guys that he might take a couple more visits. He was also offered a grayshirt by Alabama apparently, so no question he has talent. Hes going to visit for the Michigan game so if he makes it, that should help shore him up, but i would still consider him soft up till the day he signs his LOI

Seems like the coaches handle each recruit differently. Some want to commit and they send em home with the "make sure your 100% line" and others they accept their commits hoping they will stick. I think it was a good call to accept Cook, it will only help when he gets on campus, and we may be able to pull an Alonzo Moore and hold onto him until signing day.

According to Sam Mckewon, Jonathan is trying to recruit his teammate, & current Alabama WR commit Deon Johnson to come to Nebraska

Would we even take him? Don't we have higher priorities at WR? And if we don't offer, does that hurt our relationship with Cook?

very excited about the committment...but when we talk about a placeholder commit, it makes me wonder if thats what this is. we had other corners ahead of him that we were recruiting like dashon hunt, priest willis. he has never visited and wants to still take 5 officials. Idk if we are just a placeholder just opening it up for discussion

I think he is a pretty soft commit. He's says he will still be taking all 5 of his official visits.

Ya, seems like a "sounds good and I want to hold a spot" deal. I do think he's more likely to stay committed than the guy he replaced but I don't know if I'm as excited about him as Dixon. We'll see what happens.

was excited to i read the stories too about him still taking his 5......

my thoughts are similar... hold my nebraska spot... play my ass off and see if i get offered somewhere else which in my mind is better...... kinda bummed out.... i wonder if he will make it here.....

I wonder if he will commit and decommit before Nexus even gets back to put the Nebraska commit tag in the title.

I think if our coaches stay in good contact with him and he doesnt change his mind before he makes his official we have a great chance at keeping him. he is alot more solid than tre'vell dixon, although that isnt saying alot

I think if our coaches stay in good contact with him and he doesnt change his mind before he makes his official we have a great chance at keeping him. he is alot more solid than tre'vell dixon, although that isnt saying alot

lets see how well TJ can work with this guy and keep him N...... its gonna be a strong test for him..... i mean taking 4 officials is gonna be a lot to contend with