DT Quincy Russell [Oklahoma - Signed NLI]

There is precedence for Russell to be able to leave even after signing that early letter of intent. I remember that safety Palmer who committed to us under Callahan but even after enrolling I believe he decided to leave for ???Washington??? Sorry I might have butchered some of the details, but I remember things don't necessarily work the same for a Juco who signs early and doesn't qualify.

There is precedence for Russell to be able to leave even after signing that early letter of intent. I remember that safety Palmer who committed to us under Callahan but even after enrolling I believe he decided to leave for ???Washington??? Sorry I might have butchered some of the details, but I remember things don't necessarily work the same for a Juco who signs early and doesn't qualify.

Ashlee Palmer.

I believe he went to Oregon, then resurfaced at Ole Miss. Played a little bit for the Lions this year.

If he couldn't qualify, then how can he be enrolled there already?

Sorry, good catch. I'm trying to remember exactly how it went down. I think what happened was he enrolled at midterm and everyone assumed that was end of story. When national signing day came he signed with ?Oregon?. Really wierd situation. So either he signed his LOI at midterm and it was void for some reason by NSD or there is no actual LOI to sign at midterm. I am under the impression JUCOS do sign a LOI at midterm, but HS players do not. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I remember Callahan addressing the situation specifically to the media and saying that it wasn't over (like they were going to take some action through the NCAA) but nothing came of it.