DT Quincy Russell [Oklahoma - Signed NLI]

No reason to make excuses for our coaches. We struck out on all JUCO DT prospects we were actively recruiting. If Bill Clownahan can get a top 5 class to Lincoln it is possible. Man was full blown stupid. It can be done we just need recruiting balls to the walls all year every year.

I can't believe how clueless you are.

The koolaid runs deep in you young grasshopper

No reason to make excuses for our coaches. We struck out on all JUCO DT prospects we were actively recruiting. If Bill Clownahan can get a top 5 class to Lincoln it is possible. Man was full blown stupid. It can be done we just need recruiting balls to the walls all year every year.

Logic out-weighs shear stupidity in my camp. Have you ever recruited student-athletes?

Logic out-weighs shear stupidity in my camp. Have you ever recruited student-athletes?

Have you ever coached BCS level football? We can play that game all day. Callahan put more effort into recruiting than Bo. That is fine as long as you are getting the pieces needed. Our roster management is a mess. A program like NU should not be in the situations we get put in in regards to recruiting.

Have you ever coached BCS level football? We can play that game all day. Callahan put more effort into recruiting than Bo. That is fine as long as you are getting the pieces needed. Our roster management is a mess. A program like NU should not be in the situations we get put in in regards to recruiting.

1) I have recruited student-athletes before. I sent a PM the other day to someone who wanted to know more about the processes.

2) That is not the case

3) Roster Management. Elaborate.

4) Elaborate.

It is disheartening at a place that has the tradition and facilities of Nebraska can wiff on so many DT prospects, especially when we have a defensive guy as head coach and any one of them would have a great opportunity to start right away.

Here's to hoping we can start developing guys already on the roster.

Heady, you just be dumb. Think those roids are eating away at your brain.

CALLAHAN also made promises to recruits about playing time before they ever reached campus and earned it on the field. I very much like that Bo doesn't do that. Does it hurt that we miss out on a high profile recruit every once in a while because of that? Yes. Does it change my opinion on it? No. I'd rather have a 3 star guy who wants to come in, work his ass off, and be a part of a team with a family atmosphere than to recruit a bunch of divas who only play the game for self-recognition. Those kinds of athletes can tear apart a locker room in a hurry.

Callahan also knew Tom Lemming very well. So some of the lower guys got, let's say "the benefit of the doubt" as far as star-wise goes.

This.

Also add in the fact that Clownahan's best class had like 36 kids. Even today with the ranking system that clad could have been nothing but two star kids and be in the top 15-20 based on the numbers alone. Not to mention the amount of busts - and non qualifiers

• 2 weeks later...

Callahan also knew Tom Lemming very well. So some of the lower guys got, let's say "the benefit of the doubt" as far as star-wise goes.

This.

Also add in the fact that Clownahan's best class had like 36 kids. Even today with the ranking system that clad could have been nothing but two star kids and be in the top 15-20 based on the numbers alone. Not to mention the amount of busts - and non qualifiers

That class had 13 4-5 stars per rivals. If you want to discredit that class can we tear apart the happenings of some of Bo's classes?

• 1 month later...